My ultra frustrating guitar search... IS OVER!!!

124»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,784
    I have an 1971 Princeton reverb that of course sounds excellent and I’ll run a zvex Distortron through it. That gives it a nice punch and the eq on the pedal is less harsh and trebly as compared to some others. Soul Food sounds good, too. 

Ooooh!  A '71, nice!  Mine is a re-issue. 
    I'll look into those pedals as well.  Thanks, GB!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• I have an 1971 Princeton reverb that of course sounds excellent and I’ll run a zvex Distortron through it. That gives it a nice punch and the eq on the pedal is less harsh and trebly as compared to some others. Soul Food sounds good, too. 
    i love zvex stuff. i think the box of rock is among the best overdrives on the market. the one on my board has been there for 16 years and even though i buy a lot of pedals, i can't find 3 overdrives good enough to knock it off of my board.

plus that boost circuit it has on board is amazing. i think it is the boosta grande, maybe?? good stuff.

have you seen that one pedal that is 2 distortrons? it is 2 channels, both a distortron so you can set it up with a lighter gain and a higher gain setting, blend them, or turn the gain down on one to get a solo boost. i think it might be the j mascis signature? i would have to look it up again, but that one is interesting.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,258
    I just picked up electro-harmonix Soul Food Overdrive pedal and absolutely love it. Only paid $47 on reverb new in opened box. It is their attempt at copying the Klon pedal.