SOLD - Sealed Benny Hall Vinyl - $2400

13»

Comments

• MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Prob cheaper to drive  and meet up🙄

Cash Only in Person is the only way to go these days.
  • MedozK said:
    Prob cheaper to drive  and meet up🙄

Cash Only in Person is the only way to go these days.
    And yet we have people that say cash is stupid in todays world.

Cash is king!
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 665
    ISO used Benny in NY area. Cash deal. 
  • Cash  rules
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    JV130312 said:
    no one should be doing anything anywhere F&F for $2500.  lol
    I feel for the seller and the tax hit but there is zero chance I would send someone I didn't know that kind of cash with zero G&S protection
    To be clear, this has nothing to do with the OP who has been posting on here for ages. But this will absolutely lead to people getting scammed. "Sorry bro can't let the tax man see it." Cover your ass.
    If you ship me the item first, I'll pay F&F once it arrives and I can inspect it
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,018
    The future is PJ trunk sales. 'Bring a suitcase of unmarked bills and meet me by the movie theater.'
  • Congrats to the new owner of “The Great One”! 
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,396
    pjl44 said:
    JV130312 said:
    I feel for the seller and the tax hit but there is zero chance I would send someone I didn't know that kind of cash with zero G&S protection
    As it has been stated before, it’s all about reputation and references. I you’re  not comfortable then don’t do it but with these 1099Ks F&F is  almost mandatory now on these expensive grails.
    pjl44 said:
    JV130312 said:
    As it has been stated before, it’s all about reputation and references. I you’re  not comfortable then don’t do it but with these 1099Ks F&F is  almost mandatory now on these expensive grails.
    This will work until it doesn't. How many times have we seen someone ghost and all the references are like "I dunno they were fine with me." Doesn't bring your pile of cash back. Goooooooood luck folks.
    People will need to adapt. I am imminently in the market to buy a Benny. If my only two choices are $2,400 F&F vs. $2,600 G&S I am taking the latter 10 times out of ten. Until there's a better option, effectively splitting the difference on taxes seems reasonable.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    edited November 2022
    pjl44 said:
    JV130312 said:
    It's a bit of a contradiction to say that someone who is willing to cheat on their taxes is so trustworthy that you can be comfortable sending them thousands in cash. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    edited November 2022
    SHZA said:
    pjl44 said:
    JV130312 said:
    It's a bit of a contradiction to say that someone who is willing to cheat on their taxes is so trustworthy that you can be comfortable sending them thousands in cash. 
    I don’t think this is fair to say.  What % of people on these boards and on FB were reporting their poster and record sales to the IRS pre 2022?  

Whether it is right or wrong, I’m inclined to think less than 10%
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    SHZA said:
    pjl44 said:
    JV130312 said:
    I don’t think this is fair to say.  What % of people on these boards and on FB were reporting their poster and record sales to the IRS pre 2022?  

Whether it is right or wrong, I’m inclined to think less than 10%
    I don't disagree. "Everyone else is doing it, so it's ok." Still, his statement that one should feel comfortable participating in a transaction designed to help the seller avoid taxes because said seller is so trustworthy sort of disproves itself 
  • pjl44 said:
    JV130312 said:
    I will never trust anyone w three male dominated names in his avatar, even though I have met him and chat w him frequently, lol.

You know i'm kidding  Dana.
    One more thing: Not only is there a risk of scamming, the buyer has no recourse on any dispute. Item shows up damaged? Condition not as expected? Zero protection if the seller says "not my problem."