SOLD - Sealed Benny Hall Vinyl - $2400

Comments

• 98 bottles of beer....
  • Congrats on the sale
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• edoconedocon Posts: 329
    Congrats on the sale.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    This is back up for sale, price reduced to $2500 shipped and insured to CONUS

Venmo or PP Friends and Family only
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    This has been SOLD

For future buyers/sellers - this went for $2600 via PP goods and services - so 2525 after $75 fee

Congrats on your sale! Ouch on your 1099K from PayPal though. That’s a stinger. 
    Yeah that was an oversight on my part, forgot about that.  Oh well.  
    I was the original buyer for this item. I wasn't aware that there was an on-going thread on the details of the transaction until I saw this last night. A few details have been left out.

I offered the seller $2500 payment via PayPal. Seller agreed to the price and said I could pay with Friends and Family or Goods and Services + additional $75 to cover fees. I elected to pay Goods and Services method for the buyer protection and submitted payment in the amount of $2600 as gesture of goodwill to make sure all G/S fees were covered. Seller was pleased with the transaction and posted the specifics here.

Later in the day I received a text from the seller that they had cancelled the PayPal transaction because they cannot take a $375 tax hit and that the item is still available if I want to pay via friends and family. 

• edocon said:
    This has been SOLD

For future buyers/sellers - this went for $2600 via PP goods and services - so 2525 after $75 fee

I was the original buyer for this item. I wasn't aware that there was an on-going thread on the details of the transaction until I saw this last night. A few details have been left out.

I offered the seller $2500 payment via PayPal. Seller agreed to the price and said I could pay with Friends and Family or Goods and Services + additional $75 to cover fees. I elected to pay Goods and Services method for the buyer protection and submitted payment in the amount of $2600 as gesture of goodwill to make sure all G/S fees were covered. Seller was pleased with the transaction and posted the specifics here.

Later in the day I received a text from the seller that they had cancelled the PayPal transaction because they cannot take a $375 tax hit and that the item is still available if I want to pay via friends and family. 

Just do the F&F and have them insure the shit out of that record.  That is what I did when I sold mine.  I then bomb proofed the package so it wouldn't get destroyed.
    edited October 2022
    edocon said:
    This has been SOLD

This is accurate.  I wouldn’t have worried about it if it were a small amount, even $100, but the IRS would have come for 15.3% which would have been around $375, on top of the $75 PayPal service fees, and that is not a transaction I was willing to make for this item.  

Apologies again and will only be using F&F going forward.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    Uk money is worth  fuck all. Bad time to sell but im gonna have to start soon. Tough  times
    If you’re going to sell, now is the time to do it. £1 is not for equal to $1 so you’ll get much more back if selling to someone in the US. 
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 439
    This whole $600 1009 BS is going to cause people some real issues this year.  Just make sure your basis equals your proceeds, and with PJ merch you can get pretty creative on your basis calculations.  
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
    Price drop to $2400 friends and family or Venmo.  Will be listing some big time posters in the coming days as well.  
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    edocon said:
    This has been SOLD

Just do the F&F and have them insure the shit out of that record.  That is what I did when I sold mine.  I then bomb proofed the package so it wouldn't get destroyed.
    I get both sides. Insurance doesn't cover if they just ghost you. $2500 is a lot to spend when you have no coverage for that. But nearly $400 in taxes is a lot too. 
    The new tax law pretty much sucks. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954
    There’s been some talk that they may either raise the threshold for issuing a 1099k or just return to the previous standard which was $20k or 200 transactions.  It’s there a change it would likely come after the midterm elections and before the end of the year.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    There’s been some talk that they may either raise the threshold for issuing a 1099k or just return to the previous standard which was $20k or 200 transactions.  It’s there a change it would likely come after the midterm elections and before the end of the year.  
    Hopefully.  $600 is an absolutely insane threshold 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    edited October 2022
    Just changing the payment method doesn't mean you don't owe the taxes. It just means paypal won't report it. So using F/F when you're selling goods and services for the purpose of avoiding tax liability is tax fraud. 

If you originally paid $2500 for it, you'll owe no taxes.

If you won it in a waffle, and thus only paid the cost of one line in the waffle, but lost numerous other waffles before the big win, can you aggregate the win and losses together as your cost basis to reduce the tax hit? 
    Post edited by SHZA on
    SHZA said:
    Just changing the payment method doesn't mean you don't owe the taxes. It just means paypal won't report it. So using F/F when you're selling goods and services for the purpose of avoiding tax liability is tax fraud. 

If you won it in a waffle, and thus only paid the cost of one line in the waffle, but lost numerous other waffles before the big win, can you aggregate the win and losses together as your cost basis to reduce the tax hit? 
    I can’t imagine trying to prove to the IRS that you bought something years ago for the same price as you sold it for is something that is quick and easy to do, though.  We are talking about the IRS after all.
    Just depends if you have receipts. I sold about $4k on ebay last year in 20 or so separate transactions and was able to find old email receipts for most of the original purchases, so it had no net impact on my taxes. Would only be an issue in the unlikely event of an audit. But if that happens, you'd have to explain who the "friend" is that sent you $2400 and what it was for. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    SHZA said:

In that sense, having a yard sale where you make $600 is tax fraud too, isn't it?

I can see people finding loopholes, I'm sure someone will find a way around it.
    SHZA said:

I can’t imagine trying to prove to the IRS that you bought something years ago for the same price as you sold it for is something that is quick and easy to do, though.  We are talking about the IRS after all.
    And It will be difficult for your buyer to prove their cost basis for this vinyl should they decide to sell it in the future, having only a F&F receipt for money they "gave" away, presumably for absolutely nothing in return.
  • SHZA said:
    Just depends if you have receipts. I sold about $4k on ebay last year in 20 or so separate transactions and was able to find old email receipts for most of the original purchases, so it had no net impact on my taxes. Would only be an issue in the unlikely event of an audit. But if that happens, you'd have to explain who the "friend" is that sent you $2400 and what it was for. 
    You had a bunch of stuff that flatlined huh?  Damn that sux.
  • mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:

In that sense, having a yard sale where you make $600 is tax fraud too, isn't it?

The government hates cash transactions and bartering/trade.  They can't get their cut.

edited October 2022
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:

$600 is just the reporting threshold for companies like paypal. It all counts as income for the individual. But a yard sale is not tax "fraud" because most people probably don't realize they're supposed to report that kind of thing, and the seller probably wouldn't owe any taxes because the whole point of a yard sale is to get rid of used stuff cheap. Using F/F to sell an item for far more than you paid because you want to avoid paying taxes is a different story. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
    SHZA said:
    It wasn't really an investment to begin with, just sold off some junk I was never going to use 
  • SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    It wasn't really an investment to begin with, just sold off some junk I was never going to use 
    Wish I had 4k worth of junk lying around.
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    no one should be doing anything anywhere F&F for $2500.  lol
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
    edited October 2022
    JV130312 said:
    no one should be doing anything anywhere F&F for $2500.  lol
    Let’s say I do $2500 goods and services.  I’m already down to $2425 after PayPal fees.  And 15.3% of that gets reported on a 1099 form, that’s another $382.50

So a $2500 Benny sale means the seller gets $2042.50 of that

Not sure how many sellers are going to be ok with fees that approach $500 on a sale like this 

I see why the raffles have become so popular now
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    The OP is solid people. Good buyer and seller. F&F with confidence. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • The OP is solid people. Good buyer and seller. F&F with confidence. 
    I also agree with this, good guy here for sure
    Maybe can do a homemade contract for the higher end items for reassurance if that's an option,  good luck to the OP who has some really good stuff

edited October 2022
    This has been sold - did not get any bites on here or FB for friends and family - eventually reached an agreement for a goods and services price near the original asking price of $2600
  • Prob cheaper to drive  and meet up🙄
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -