Options

The 2023 Tour Speculation Thread - Potential Dates/Cities, Logistics/Data & Wishlists **UPDATED**

Comments

• Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    edited April 2023
    Just posted by WMMR in Philly. The MMRBQ.is.in September and will be announced on Monday the.10th. 
    Interesting.....definitely a weird sounding event.
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Just posted by WMMR in Philly. The MMRBQ.is.in September and will be announced on Monday the.10th. 
    There's no way they're playing that thing, right?
    Think so! We will find out on Monday at 0800 during the Preston and Steve Show. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,810
    No dates yet?
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    No dates yet?
    Nope. Everything on Monday. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    PJNB said:
    No dates yet?
    I really, really, hope they are not playing the mmrbq. Seems beneath them. I just cannot see it happening. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,798
    PJNB said:
    No dates yet?
    I really, really, hope they are not playing the mmrbq. Seems beneath them. I just cannot see it happening. 
    I would be mad if they're playing the MMRBQ.
  • Options
    rivrenrivren Posts: 23
    Stubhub search for Pearl Jam listing Austin City Limits Music Festival.  Glitch?
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,121
    edited April 2023
    PJNB said:
    No dates yet?
    Seems like a pretty misleading clue if it's not them. Especially considering they're already rumored to be in Philly in September.
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,956
    Guy who tried fooling other members on this board into thinking that PJ was playing CBP thinks something is beneath the band... 

that's rich.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    PJNB said:
    No dates yet?
    Seems like a pretty misleading clue if it's not them. Especially considering they're already rumored to be in Philly in September.
    Based on what? MMR has this dumb fest every year with some very shitty bands. What would conflate the two, other than our own bias?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    PJNB said:
    No dates yet?
    Maybe members of Disturbed, Evanessence and Godsmack will come out and jam to Rockin in the Free World with the boys during the last encore!

Give me a break. Pearl Jam is not playing this thing .
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    No dates yet?
    Based on what? MMR has this dumb fest every year with some very shitty bands. What would conflate the two, other than our own bias?
    It seems pretty clear that the "doos" are Black. But you're right, that could just be my personal bias.
  • Options
    Gibson said:

For what it’s worth, PJ follows them on twitter
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    No dates yet?
    It seems pretty clear that the "doos" are Black. But you're right, that could just be my personal bias.
    I mean the doos as you said them are very much in my head now.....damnit. 

Worth repeating - I will be mad if they play this thing.
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,065
    I’d rather MMRBQ than made in America.  Camden lot is fun as hell plus there is a Nice small pit.  

can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    MMR is playing all Seattle bands for lunch. 
  • Options
    Gibson said:

Oh PJ definitely has love for MMR no question - they know who buttered their bread with Last Kiss; Matt Cord & Pierre both pushing the hell of the band over many many years/decades. They're also a business, they know how to keep great relationships.
  • Options
    The doos are third eye blind.
  • Options
    I will just as much buy this wild speculation, and would very much be on brand for what I'd expect of the tier of bands to play this thing.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Gibson said:

Oh PJ definitely has love for MMR no question - they know who buttered their bread with Last Kiss; Matt Cord & Pierre both pushing the hell of the band over many many years/decades. They're also a business, they know how to keep great relationships.
    This is definitely true. I remember I used to email Matty Cord back in the day when he did that TenClub at 10 show and he would sometimes provide miniature tidbits of info about rumored tours. 

But...yeah, I would hate them playing this thing. Hoping everyone is misreading it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Now I hear that too. Like I said, could be my personal bias.
  • Options
    Gibson said:

This is definitely true. I remember I used to email Matty Cord back in the day when he did that TenClub at 10 show and he would sometimes provide miniature tidbits of info about rumored tours. 

But...yeah, I would hate them playing this thing. Hoping everyone is misreading it.
    I believe he brought that over from Y100, too? I did not know Cord is now on MGK. Boy, are we all, collectively, just so incredibly fucking old.

Cousin Ed on YSP used to hook me up with some stuff, too - he used to come on here to push his Irish Pol bar. Solid PJ radio people around here.

As I said before, I'm coming around to the idea that there's a legit shot they play here this year tho, and at CBP. This is based on absolutely nothing, of course.
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 278
    deb1211 said:
    deb1211 said:
    Now I'm really curious about this DFW  surprise 
    I read that and noticed mentioned flying into DFW. DFW is hub city that feeds a lot of different places. We live near an airport that only flies to few hub cities and then you connect to your actual destination. Maybe some smaller cities might be involved requiring connections through DFW.   
    Ah they must be playing Chattanooga next to me then cuz there's a direct flight (and very expensive flight) from Dallas 😆 🤣  Yeah I wish. 
    Right by Chattanooga here, as well. Other than Atlanta and Nashville all they've really played nearby is Knoxville in 98. I was there and they openly hated Knoxville, sadly  =)
  • Options
    I read as black,  but third eye blind works too, and as someone mentioned in rumor thread baby shark. Lol 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    rivren said:
    Stubhub search for Pearl Jam listing Austin City Limits Music Festival.  Glitch?
    It has been like that for months.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,810
    ComeToTX said:
    rivren said:
    It has been like that for months.
    Years even 
  • Options
    Gibson said:

I believe he brought that over from Y100, too? I did not know Cord is now on MGK. Boy, are we all, collectively, just so incredibly fucking old.

Cousin Ed on YSP used to hook me up with some stuff, too - he used to come on here to push his Irish Pol bar. Solid PJ radio people around here.

As I said before, I'm coming around to the idea that there's a legit shot they play here this year tho, and at CBP. This is based on absolutely nothing, of course.
    I can't remember the last time I listened to any of those stations and I had no idea Cord is at mgk....that in itself makes me feel old. haha
    RIP Y100 and DRE.....they don't do radio like they used to!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    Spot on.  
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    I read as black,  but third eye blind works too, and as someone mentioned in rumor thread baby shark. Lol 
    Both wrong

Doo doo do doot do do do dooo is in the post.

Black would be Do do doot do do do Doo

Third Eye Blind would be Doot do do doot do do dooo

• Options
    verceman said:
    Both wrong

Doo doo do doot do do do dooo is in the post.

Black would be Do do doot do do do Doo

Third Eye Blind would be Doot do do doot do do dooo

Lmao. 
    I need to sign off for a bit.  My brain hurts trying to decipher do doo and doots