The 2023 Tour Speculation Thread - Potential Dates/Cities, Logistics/Data & Wishlists **UPDATED**

18910111214»

Comments

  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 79,755
    So no shows for 23? 

    I hope there will be shows in 2023. 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 2,733
    edited January 25
    Just some data for those of us still holding out for a Spring leg. If we're sticking with April/May as a time-frame (Krist's blog, Apollo line rumor, etc.), here's where the boys stand with Josh K. as the factor.
    If Josh is touring with Iggy & the Losers, then the open dates for PJ would be the following:
    • Sat. April 1st - Tue. April 18th
    • Mon. May 1st - early June
    This is because The Losers have dates from April 20th to April 29th. If Josh is playing with both bands (and giving him a day to relax between them lol), then this is what you're left with.
    If Josh was just a one-off for the Kimmel performance last week, then he & the boys are available all through April & May. BUT...
    If Josh, Andrew Watt & Chad are plotting with Ed for some Earthlings dates, then all of a sudden this looks like 2008 again. A bunch of Ed solo dates, some PJ in the summer, and more Ed in the fall. I think it's going to be a mix of 2008, 2016, and last year. A little Ed here, a little PJ there. Rinse & repeat. So, here are the open dates for Pearl Jam AND the Earthlings, if that's the route they go with.
    • PJ: Sat. April 1st - Tue. April 18th is possible (give, or take Mar. 30th & 31st)
    • Iggy & The Losers: Thu. April 20th - Sat. April 29th (confirmed)
    • PJ: Mon. May 1st - Thu. May 25th is possible
    • Earthlings: Sat. May 27th - Thu. June 15th is possible
    • PJ: most likely on break unless they book a festival, or a ballpark
    • Earthlings: Tue. July 25th - Sun. Aug. 6th is possible (Glen & Markéta's tour starts on 08/08/23 at the Ryman)
    • PJ: Tue. Aug. 8th - rest of the year is possible
    • Swell Season (Glen & Markéta): Tue. Aug. 8th - Sun. Aug. 27th (confirmed)
    • Earthlings: Tue. Aug 29th - rest of the year is possible (including Ohana in September)
    Data!
    Post edited by Go Animal on
    09/23/98: WPB II     06/12/08: Tampa       05/01/16: NYC, MSG I         10/02/21: Ohana Encore II    09/16/22: Nashville
    08/12/00: Tampa     06/27/08: Hartford    05/02/16: NYC, MSG II        05/06/22: Los Angeles I              
    04/12/03: Orlando   09/22/09: Seattle II    09/18/21: Sea Hear Now    05/07/22: Los Angeles II 
    04/13/03: Tampa     04/11/16: Tampa       10/01/21: Ohana Encore I    09/11/22: NYC, MSG

    EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II                    EV - 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II
    EV - 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II

    Song Wishlist: Oceans, Wash (either version), Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, Hold On, Aye Davanita, Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, All Those Yesterdays, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Strangest Tribe, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Mother, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

    Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MIPosts: 544
    May-June would make more sense with most of the playoffs being done in the arenas. I like the sound of that 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 2,733
    May-June would make more sense with most of the playoffs being done in the arenas. I like the sound of that 
    I'd be down with that. That would be more of a 2008 vibe, with a mix of outdoor & indoor venues. I just want another Hartford date, lol. Don't care when.
    09/23/98: WPB II     06/12/08: Tampa       05/01/16: NYC, MSG I         10/02/21: Ohana Encore II    09/16/22: Nashville
    08/12/00: Tampa     06/27/08: Hartford    05/02/16: NYC, MSG II        05/06/22: Los Angeles I              
    04/12/03: Orlando   09/22/09: Seattle II    09/18/21: Sea Hear Now    05/07/22: Los Angeles II 
    04/13/03: Tampa     04/11/16: Tampa       10/01/21: Ohana Encore I    09/11/22: NYC, MSG

    EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II                    EV - 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II
    EV - 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II

    Song Wishlist: Oceans, Wash (either version), Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, Hold On, Aye Davanita, Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, All Those Yesterdays, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Strangest Tribe, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Mother, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

    Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08
  • treestrees Columbus OHIOPosts: 1,459
    edited January 25
    I was listening to the 2021  bootlegs the first one of 4 and they said they wanted to Gigaton "inside joke " clearly on The bootleg cd you can hear the little story, so I think that's what's going to happen very soon there going to tour or a Gigaton of shows 
    Post edited by trees on


    PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 2,733
    edited January 25
    trees said:
    I was listening to the 2021  bootlegs the first one of 4 and they said they wanted to Gigaton "inside joke " clearly on The bootleg cd you can hear thd little story, so I think that's what's going to happen very soon there going to tour or a Gigaton of shows 


    And that brings us back to 2016. I had tickets for Tampa & MSG. Despite being out for 2 1/2 years, Lightning Bolt was still "new" to me lol. So, that's why I keep going back to that tour as a template. 
    Post edited by Go Animal on
    09/23/98: WPB II     06/12/08: Tampa       05/01/16: NYC, MSG I         10/02/21: Ohana Encore II    09/16/22: Nashville
    08/12/00: Tampa     06/27/08: Hartford    05/02/16: NYC, MSG II        05/06/22: Los Angeles I              
    04/12/03: Orlando   09/22/09: Seattle II    09/18/21: Sea Hear Now    05/07/22: Los Angeles II 
    04/13/03: Tampa     04/11/16: Tampa       10/01/21: Ohana Encore I    09/11/22: NYC, MSG

    EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II                    EV - 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II
    EV - 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II

    Song Wishlist: Oceans, Wash (either version), Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, Hold On, Aye Davanita, Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, All Those Yesterdays, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Strangest Tribe, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Mother, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

    Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 79,755
    Go Animal said:
    trees said:
    I was listening to the 2021  bootlegs the first one of 4 and they said they wanted to Gigaton "inside joke " clearly on The bootleg cd you can hear thd little story, so I think that's what's going to happen very soon there going to tour or a Gigaton of shows 


    And that brings us back to 2016. I had tickets for Tampa & MSG. Despite being out for 2 1/2 years, Lightning Bolt was still "new" to me lol. So, that's why I keep going back to that tour as a template. 

    Good template man.
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 2,733
    edited January 27
    Go Animal said:
    Just some data for those of us still holding out for a Spring leg. If we're sticking with April/May as a time-frame (Krist's blog, Apollo line rumor, etc.), here's where the boys stand with Josh K. as the factor.
    If Josh is touring with Iggy & the Losers, then the open dates for PJ would be the following:
    • Sat. April 1st - Tue. April 18th
    • Mon. May 1st - early June
    This is because The Losers have dates from April 20th to April 29th. If Josh is playing with both bands (and giving him a day to relax between them lol), then this is what you're left with.
    If Josh was just a one-off for the Kimmel performance last week, then he & the boys are available all through April & May. BUT...
    If Josh, Andrew Watt & Chad are plotting with Ed for some Earthlings dates, then all of a sudden this looks like 2008 again. A bunch of Ed solo dates, some PJ in the summer, and more Ed in the fall. I think it's going to be a mix of 2008, 2016, and last year. A little Ed here, a little PJ there. Rinse & repeat. So, here are the open dates for Pearl Jam AND the Earthlings, if that's the route they go with.
    • PJ: Sat. April 1st - Tue. April 18th is possible (give, or take Mar. 30th & 31st)
    • Iggy & The Losers: Thu. April 20th - Sat. April 29th (confirmed)
    • PJ: Mon. May 1st - Thu. May 25th is possible
    • Earthlings: Sat. May 27th - Thu. June 15th is possible
    • PJ: most likely on break unless they book a festival, or a ballpark
    • Earthlings: Tue. July 25th - Sun. Aug. 6th is possible (Glen & Markéta's tour starts on 08/08/23 at the Ryman)
    • PJ: Tue. Aug. 8th - rest of the year is possible
    • Swell Season (Glen & Markéta): Tue. Aug. 8th - Sun. Aug. 27th (confirmed)
    • Earthlings: Tue. Aug 29th - rest of the year is possible (including Ohana in September)
    Data!
    More data!
    With Ohana conformed for Sept. 29th - Oct. 1st, I'm focusing my Leg 2/September research around it. I'm thinking Ohana, then if the ACL thing comes true, then we'll have that as a possible end date.
    October/November isn't out of the realm of possibility, but the last time they played that late in the year was 2014 in the US, and 2015 in South America.
    09/23/98: WPB II     06/12/08: Tampa       05/01/16: NYC, MSG I         10/02/21: Ohana Encore II    09/16/22: Nashville
    08/12/00: Tampa     06/27/08: Hartford    05/02/16: NYC, MSG II        05/06/22: Los Angeles I              
    04/12/03: Orlando   09/22/09: Seattle II    09/18/21: Sea Hear Now    05/07/22: Los Angeles II 
    04/13/03: Tampa     04/11/16: Tampa       10/01/21: Ohana Encore I    09/11/22: NYC, MSG

    EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II                    EV - 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II
    EV - 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II

    Song Wishlist: Oceans, Wash (either version), Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, Hold On, Aye Davanita, Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, All Those Yesterdays, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Strangest Tribe, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Mother, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

    Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 2,733


    Josh will be unavailable for PJ during all current and future Jane's Addiction shows
    Thanks for the heads up, @Weston128! (from the rumor thread)
    With this in mind, if Josh is still in the mix with all parties, here's his schedule:
    • 03/07 - Rialto Theatre - Tuscon, AZ (Jane's)
    • 03/09 - Hollywood Palladium - Hollywood, CA (Jane's)
    • 03/11 - Grand Sierra - Reno, NV (Jane's)
    • 03/12 - The Cosmopolitan - Las Vegas, NV (Jane's)
    • 03/18 - Lollapalooza Argentina (Jane's)
    • 03/19 - Lollapalooza Chile (Jane's)
    • 03/25 - Lollapalooza Brazil (Jane's)
    I think this is notable, because I think it finally confirms that Josh won't be touring with Iggy & the Losers. And like @PJNB pointed out, depending on when these international dates are, I don't think PJ will be affected. They'll work it out.
    09/23/98: WPB II     06/12/08: Tampa       05/01/16: NYC, MSG I         10/02/21: Ohana Encore II    09/16/22: Nashville
    08/12/00: Tampa     06/27/08: Hartford    05/02/16: NYC, MSG II        05/06/22: Los Angeles I              
    04/12/03: Orlando   09/22/09: Seattle II    09/18/21: Sea Hear Now    05/07/22: Los Angeles II 
    04/13/03: Tampa     04/11/16: Tampa       10/01/21: Ohana Encore I    09/11/22: NYC, MSG

    EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II                    EV - 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II
    EV - 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II

    Song Wishlist: Oceans, Wash (either version), Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, Hold On, Aye Davanita, Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, All Those Yesterdays, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Strangest Tribe, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Mother, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

    Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 79,755
    Go Animal said:


    Josh will be unavailable for PJ during all current and future Jane's Addiction shows
    Thanks for the heads up, @Weston128! (from the rumor thread)
    With this in mind, if Josh is still in the mix with all parties, here's his schedule:
    • 03/07 - Rialto Theatre - Tuscon, AZ (Jane's)
    • 03/09 - Hollywood Palladium - Hollywood, CA (Jane's)
    • 03/11 - Grand Sierra - Reno, NV (Jane's)
    • 03/12 - The Cosmopolitan - Las Vegas, NV (Jane's)
    • 03/18 - Lollapalooza Argentina (Jane's)
    • 03/19 - Lollapalooza Chile (Jane's)
    • 03/25 - Lollapalooza Brazil (Jane's)
    I think this is notable, because I think it finally confirms that Josh won't be touring with Iggy & the Losers. And like @PJNB pointed out, depending on when these international dates are, I don't think PJ will be affected. They'll work it out.


    Hopefully "some additional international shows to be announced soon" doesn't fall under spring / summer dates.

Sign In or Register to comment.