Mystery Box

Comments

• hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:
    A boat’s a boat, but a mystery box could be anything. It could even be a boat. 
    Why didn't more people respond to this? It's comedy gold, people.
    Like 4 days ago I was like “Did nobody else get this reference!?”  
    I get very few Seinfeld references...
    Its actually from Family Guy. 

<iframe width="669" height="506" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yZpIog7e-R4" title="Family Guy - "You can have the boat or the 'mystery box'"" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • hihobibo said:
    DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:
    Its actually from Family Guy. 

<iframe width="669" height="506" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yZpIog7e-R4" title="Family Guy - "You can have the boat or the 'mystery box'"" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Ahh there is another one I never jumped in on.  I have watched like 3 episodes of FG and they were all memorable and disturbing...
  • DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:
    It's actually this:
    Image result for a boats a boat
  • DM282158 said:
    DM282158 said:
    It's actually this:
    Image result for a boats a boat
    And like I mentioned before even fewer of FG...
  • when was the last time they did this?  has to be a few years, no?  last time I go the brown North American hat with the tree on it.  Have had dozens of people try to buy it off me at shows (and one guy who said he was going to steal it).
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    Last one I did pretty well so I remember it. I got I had the moleskin notebook and Portland poster. I remember trading that Portland for my CrackerJack. That was around the spring of 2019 I believe.
  • I got the Jackalope
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    edited November 2022
    It makes sense they haven't done one since. All the 2018 stadium tour posters were floating around in the last set. Seems like every box had 1 baby brain in it, some even got screwed with 2 in 1 mystery box.
    They haven't done anything since then because of covid, until now. Once the dust settles from all the recent drops and they take new inventory, we might see another one. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,654
    I got the Jackalope

This weekend we rock Portland
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,980
    I got the Jackalope

That poster is awesome! I got two somehow if anyone wants to trade for a Pitt.   ;)
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,193
    Black Friday Pearl Jam Mystery Box sale please. 
    Those are fun. Seeing what others get too. Nice Jeff hooked us up with picks and I kind of assume he threw in the other signed stuff. I'd have to bite. My manbearpigjackalopes need company. Friend got a Wrigley ape and Cincinnati Pendleton. So one never knows!
    Loujoe said:
    Those are fun. Seeing what others get too. Nice Jeff hooked us up with picks and I kind of assume he threw in the other signed stuff. I'd have to bite. My manbearpigjackalopes need company. Friend got a Wrigley ape and Cincinnati Pendleton. So one never knows!

Nice indeed. I scored one of those Jeff picks. :)
    Cyber Monday Pearl Jam Mystery Box sale please! 
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Would love another round of mystery boxes. My personal luck hasn't been great with them, but my wife scored a Kong in her one mystery box.
  • demetrios said:
    Cyber Monday Pearl Jam Mystery Box sale please! 
    I second this, please!
    Sarava said:
    Would love another round of mystery boxes. My personal luck hasn't been great with them, but my wife scored a Kong in her one mystery box.
    Killer. Must have been flipping out. I can see the neighbors running over to see what's up. 
    Sarava said:

WOW! Sweet score.

I know a lot of the appeal is getting one of the grail posters or a unique item, but what if they sold these but only included 2020 & 2022 merch? How many people are still interested? I'd still do it, because I like getting the shirts. 
    hihobibo said:
    I know a lot of the appeal is getting one of the grail posters or a unique item, but what if they sold these but only included 2020 & 2022 merch? How many people are still interested? I'd still do it, because I like getting the shirts. 

I'll be interested.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,932
    Me too. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Probably not.. but at the same time, how much holy grail stuff do they have left to put in the boxes?
    demetrios said:
    hihobibo said:

I'll be interested.
    Haha, dude, you don't count, because you'd be interested if they put their logo on anything!  =)
  • I'd catch hell from my wife but I would buy one for sure.
    edited December 2022
    Zod said:
    Probably not.. but at the same time, how much holy grail stuff do they have left to put in the boxes?
    Things that weren't a grail 5 years ago might be now. There's got to be some Rome 2018 posters in the stash. Might not have anything from 1998 left, but there's newer ones that are still very desirable.  And it only takes a few thrown into the mix to make it really fun. Didn't they even do a signed guitar in the last one? And some baseballs? They have stuff they can do to make it a lot of fun.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    hihobibo said:
    demetrios said:
    hihobibo said:

I'll be interested.
    Haha, dude, you don't count, because you'd be interested if they put their logo on anything!  =)

geronika said:
    I'd catch hell from my wife but I would buy one for sure.
    Get a prepaid credit card she won't know about. Ship it to your work address or local post office. She will never know. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,696
    I like doing these for the odds and ends in the box like stickers, chapstick and what not.  The oddities are what I love.  
    yeah most of it is pretty cool....I have a few backspacer bouncy balls from those things but also a few nice hoodies/shirts.

I have never scored any great posters and don't care much for the leftover GA wristbands, etc., but they are kind of fun.
    I want to fill a fish bowl w the bouncy balls.

If anyone has them and would part w them please help my quest in filling the fish bowl!

Sticker for a bouncy ball?
    @tempo_n_groove are you still looking for bouncy balls? I have one sitting in desk drawer that basically just sits in a desk drawer.
    Crossing fingers for a 2023 Pearl Jam Mystery Box Experience.