Incident at Nashville with 2 idiots

If you are in the Facebook group then you might have seen this post already. If not then here’s a quick recap when heading back to our seats after getting a beer during Rats. I see my friend a few seats away talking to guys at the end of the row. He said one of the guys grabbed his ass and then he was confused and said why the f would you do that and the other guys friend said “cuz your sexy”
My buddy held restraint and didn’t punch him because he didn’t want us to get thrown out or arrested, but I wouldn’t have blamed him if he did. 
After posting this on the Facebook group a lot of women posted this has happened to them many times, which is just horrible. I also got comments from people saying he should have punched the guy. It was a weird situation and we were both in shock.
Sorry if I shouldn’t posted it here, but I wanted to spread the word that people can be assholes. To all the people this has happened to before my heart goes out to you. To Ten Club moderators if you can revoke their membership I would appreciate that. If not at least I tried thanks for reading.

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    That’s absolutely terrible.  Ugh people suck.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    If someone gropes you, you a have a legal right to punch them in the face and then some. Unfortunately this is a situation where people working the event might not have believed your friend and proceeded to kick out the wrong person.

That’s fucked up. Sorry this happened to him.
  • Disgusting. Party all you want, but keep your hands where they should. 

This being said, why did you leave for a beer during Rats? 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Mquinn1019Mquinn1019 Posts: 33
    edited September 2022
    Yeah it was a shocking moment to say the least and I think that’s why my friend was worried about if he retaliated we would be the ones kicked out.

As for Rats sorry not the biggest fan of that one lol.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688
    edited September 2022
    AlaG said:
    If someone gropes you, you a have a legal right to punch them in the face and then some. Unfortunately this is a situation where people working the event might not have believed your friend and proceeded to kick out the wrong person.

That’s fucked up. Sorry this happened to him.
    I am really sorry to hear this happened. It feels so demeaning and such a violation. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to punch a guy in the face for grabbing at me. A bouncer once lifted up a guy and physically tossed him out the door for grabbing me where Trump says it's ok to grab women and we would like it. It is not ok, and we don't like it!

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • TinaETinaE Posts: 1,482

Oh man, that's disgusting!! I like to wear sturdier shoes to concerts. I probably would have "accidentally" stepped on the guy's toes...

Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Some people should be recorded when drunk/high...then shown, I bet many would never drink again. Im always happy, chill....if i was aggressive or a douche, id check myself before i wreck myself

lotta assholes out there
  • That happened to my wife before....we were in a standing room only area and exited to go hang out at the back. Some guy grabbed her ass on the way by. With that many people around it is about impossible to even know who did it.

People are fucking weird
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • If you are in the Facebook group then you might have seen this post already. If not then here’s a quick recap when heading back to our seats after getting a beer during Rats. I see my friend a few seats away talking to guys at the end of the row. He said one of the guys grabbed his ass and then he was confused and said why the f would you do that and the other guys friend said “cuz your sexy”
    My buddy held restraint and didn’t punch him because he didn’t want us to get thrown out or arrested, but I wouldn’t have blamed him if he did. 
    After posting this on the Facebook group a lot of women posted this has happened to them many times, which is just horrible. I also got comments from people saying he should have punched the guy. It was a weird situation and we were both in shock.
    Sorry if I shouldn’t posted it here, but I wanted to spread the word that people can be assholes. To all the people this has happened to before my heart goes out to you. To Ten Club moderators if you can revoke their membership I would appreciate that. If not at least I tried thanks for reading.
    “I wanted to spread the word that people can be assholes”

This is news?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • tusevuntusevun Posts: 231
    He must work out
  • Jesus I’m sorry GlowGirl and Gern that this happened to your wife. People are definitely weird.
    Yeah I know sadly this type of stuff happens all the time it’s just a shame and takes away from a fun night. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    edited September 2022
    Wrigley 2 in 2018 was really gropey and creepy in the GA area.  Very uncomfortable.

You retaliate there, you are basically agreeing to leave.  Security wont care, they will remove and/or arrest anyone involved unless you had like 20 people vouching for you... but unfortunately hardly anyone sees a fanny-grab.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    MayDay10 said:
    Wrigley 2 in 2018 was really gropey and creepy in the GA area.  Very uncomfortable.

You retaliate there, you are basically agreeing to leave.  Security wont care, they will remove and/or arrest anyone involved unless you had like 20 people vouching for you... but unfortunately hardly anyone sees a fanny-grab.
    And if you're a short or wiry woman, "retaliation" also can feel like a very unwise risk. I've wanted to throw my drink at a jerk or hit them with a bottle so many times... but obviously I'd lose any fight that might result from that. It's maddening how much crap assholes in a GA pit or in a dark arena can get away with. I don't want sexual harassment to happen to anyone, male or female. But I gotta say, when it does happen to men, the outrage they feel and other men feel for them is enlightening, because this really DOES happen all the time to women and sometimes it sounds like guys had no idea it was so invasive or messed up until it happened to another guy. But it shouldn't happen to anyone, and all outrage about it is justified and needed.
  • That happened to my wife before....we were in a standing room only area and exited to go hang out at the back. Some guy grabbed her ass on the way by. With that many people around it is about impossible to even know who did it.

People are fucking weird
    That is such a low move by someone.  WTH....
    hippiemom = goodness
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    Such obnoxious and unacceptable behavior. 
    This is nowhere near as bad as what the OP describes, but in general, the lack of common courtesy in GA can be pretty bad.  I've been in GA for many, many shows, and I realize what comes with that.  However, when someone is physically pressing up against you and not budging, it drives me nuts.  I don't need someone touching my entire arm during the show.  Can they not feel that they're pressing up against another body?  I mean, c'mon.  Things are going to be tight, especially up close, but the smallest amount of personal space where you're not pressed up against a stranger's body for multiple hours is not too much to ask.  In Nashville, things were great.  People were cool and no sweaty arms pressed against me.  In St. Louis, it was awful.  Not only did I have a body touching mine for 5 hours, these two sloppy drunk, immature ladies kept pushing in front of people nearby, including me.
    There are a lot of clowns in GA. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688
    bbiggs said:
    This is nowhere near as bad as what the OP describes, but in general, the lack of common courtesy in GA can be pretty bad.  I've been in GA for many, many shows, and I realize what comes with that.  However, when someone is physically pressing up against you and not budging, it drives me nuts.  I don't need someone touching my entire arm during the show.  Can they not feel that they're pressing up against another body?  I mean, c'mon.  Things are going to be tight, especially up close, but the smallest amount of personal space where you're not pressed up against a stranger's body for multiple hours is not too much to ask.  In Nashville, things were great.  People were cool and no sweaty arms pressed against me.  In St. Louis, it was awful.  Not only did I have a body touching mine for 5 hours, these two sloppy drunk, immature ladies kept pushing in front of people nearby, including me.
    I did 4 GAs this tour, and I agree that St. Louis was the worst. For the other shows I felt like I had enough personal space, and not a lot of pushing or being pressed up too close to anyone. But St. Louis felt a bit more crowded, with people not respecting your spot. 

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Cali/West coast GA different world than East Coast

I did 3 total....LA1, SD, & MSG.....MSG was the most annoying, but not terrible. Common Sense goes a long way....but when you get in the MSG pit and some even bro with his "CREW" saying hello....oh yea BTW we just took a bunch of shrooms, they tend to bump into you more often than the rest of the people

PK Subban was rocking out near us...that was fun
  • bbiggs said:
    We were seated at Nashville but in the crowd for Louisville. We were pretty far back though....great sound and great view of the screens...so I was surprised that this fucking moron was on my ass for about 20 minutes. He just kept bumping into me and, while there were a lot of people standing around, it wasn't like GA...I don't understand people like that. Maybe I'm too sensitive but it just bugs the shit out of me because I would notice if I was doing it and I would be conscious of possibly bothering someone.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited September 2022
    Yes, it really sucks when this happens. I have been groped by strangers many times (and not just my butt). The problem for women is if you punch a guy, you could be putting yourself in much greater danger if the man is stronger and decides to punch back. So women don't always have too many options. I have called out men who did it to me, and once the other men in the crowd around me beat the shit out of the guy for me, which was lovely. I have also just gone straight to security when it's happened, and security WILL kick someone out who is accused of that. So if it ever happens again, don't start a fight. Just report them to security and have them ejected from the venue!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • treestrees Posts: 1,866
    edited September 2022
    Yes I apologize for the Men I meant, punks that did that if I was there I would have got a seating attendant and had them removed  .yeh I had some tall punk hit  me in the back of the head at pearl jam 20 .he knows who he is .and I think he is on hear .if i ever see him again he and I are going to have a talk about why 

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 725
    Let me understand this, it was a guy grabbing a guy's ass. Not a guy grabbing a girls ass? Seems like this post is a cry for attention. 
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    PJINFLA said:
    Let me understand this, it was a guy grabbing a guy's ass. Not a guy grabbing a girls ass? Seems like this post is a cry for attention. 
    It’s sexual assault no matter what moron. Seems like your comment is a cry for attention.
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Yup, what AlaG said ^^^
  • AlaG said:
    PJINFLA said:
    It’s sexual assault no matter what moron. Seems like your comment is a cry for attention.
    Thank you AlaG and everyone else. 
  • No matter  what gender you may be. Keep your  grubby little hands  to yourself. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • If you are in the Facebook group then you might have seen this post already. If not then here’s a quick recap when heading back to our seats after getting a beer during Rats. I see my friend a few seats away talking to guys at the end of the row. He said one of the guys grabbed his ass and then he was confused and said why the f would you do that and the other guys friend said “cuz your sexy”
    People are always looking for a fight. I would imagine they thought by doing that they would find one. 

If it happens to my wife. well, she knows what my response will be. 

You are correct though. You will be kicked out even if you are right in "defending" yourself. It's unjust.
  • AlaG said:
    PJINFLA said:
    I wasn't going to say this but I honestly don't think I would care... Weird for sure to grab it but if you want to touch my 54 year old butt have at it. I'm assuming your butt is nicer than mine 

• Haha have at it made me laugh. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -