Comments

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Renfield said:
    Is the German contingent checking in? @JPPJ84
    No chance 😴 good morning 😉
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    Bunting10 said:
    Renfield said:
    Thank you all! Special thanks to @Bunting10 for starting the thread!!

G’night 

No problem, hope it met expectations.  The people relaying the songs did all the real work!  Thanks to them!
    Completely fulfilled! Yes, they did but your anxiety in the beginning was real- we were completely in the deep dark unknown of what was happening on stage. (Dimi has spoiled us rotten). Yet the folks tonight were truly great, they chipped in and feed us the songs and the chance to elaborate and be a regular unofficial setlist thread. 
    You’ll be doing Ottawa next, right 😉
    SM187650 said:
    Personally I think this setlist is awesome! 
    Me too. Just got through the thread and was having fun reading it until it went downhill again with the comments 
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 695
    Renfield said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Renfield said:

G’night 

No problem, hope it met expectations.  The people relaying the songs did all the real work!  Thanks to them!
    Completely fulfilled! Yes, they did but your anxiety in the beginning was real- we were completely in the deep dark unknown of what was happening on stage. (Dimi has spoiled us rotten). Yet the folks tonight were truly great, they chipped in and feed us the songs and the chance to elaborate and be a regular unofficial setlist thread. 
    Haha I plan on retiring on top! 
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
  • vitovito Chicago Posts: 2,029
    JPPJ84 said:
    Renfield said:
    Hey girl my show is hopefully happening in 17 days...Hope all is well😎
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

edited September 2022
    vito said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Renfield said:
    Hey girl my show is hopefully happening in 17 days...Hope all is well😎
    Yes, thank you, hope you too 😊 fingers crossed!!! 
  • BS44325 said:
    I’ve been on this board for almost 3 decades … as you can see up above … 1st post ever. Why now? We’ll, few seem to have context or sense  in this day. 

Re: ‘porch is closing the main set too much’ 

Have you ever asked why? What is THE ‘Porch’ performance that even non-PJ fans know? What was inked on a forearm during that performance? What is no longer available that was during that performance? Good grief, diehards, this is a message they are sending  just as when they stopped playing ‘Alive’ in ‘00.

Re: ‘These sets aren’t long enough and they don’t have enough variety’

when this complaint was ceaseless in Europe, I searched setlist.fm for 2 comparable bands (Metallica and Foo Fighters). Metallica plays the same18-22 songs, 90% in the same order every night. Foos did 60 different songs over 92 shows last year. Just in Europe THIS SUMMER … PJ did 94 different songs in 14 shows. 

They treat their crew well, they donate proceeds from every show, and they can coast through their glory years. Enjoy the greatness, the songs, the talent, and the care. 

You’re going to get 22-24 songs a show on this leg. If you can’t appreciate nor enjoy it, donate the ticket to your favorite charity and make a persons’ day. 
    Agreed. Also it needs to be recognized that these days it’s all about quiet quitting and on that front this band is delivering!
    Quiet quitting is tight. 
    "..to find the comfort in this world."
  • BS44325 said:

Agreed. Also it needs to be recognized that these days it’s all about quiet quitting and on that front this band is delivering!
    You seem like a fun, kind, enlightened person. When I grow up, I want to be just like you. 
  • Nice setlist. Not enough covers though. 
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    radial21 said:
    southp said:
    radial21 said:
    southp said:
    I hope everyone appreciates how this thread is filled with disdain for them playing new songs and also having a lack of variety. 
    Not disdain….but people spend a lot of money to travel to see the band.  I’m sure some people would think twice if they knew that suddenly the sets were going to be 10 songs shorter and have the same 6-8 songs each night.  Just a dramatic sudden switch from previous tours
    But then maybe don’t travel to see them. I say this and I’m going to drive 2hrs to Ottawa on Saturday but it’s with the right expectations.  That’s all. 
    I’m traveling 6 hours to MSG as well.  And I still would have knowing all of this.  But tickets were sold before any shows were played so it’s kind of hard to say don’t travel to those who already bought tickets and made plans. I do think this will impact many fans plans going forward.
    Always book rooms with free cancelation and flights on companies like Southwest with good refund/credit policies. For pretty much every show but this one, Ottawa, and OKC, your ~$100 tickets will be gone almost as soon as you list them. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Nice setlist. Not enough covers though. 
    🎯
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    I really hope they do acoustic sitting at each show to start
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,540
    Ian80 said:
    As an Australian fan, I'd be happy with any set they choose to play down here, it's been 8 years since the greatest band in the world have visited our shores, and that wasn't even a stadium show!!! 

I am jealous with the amount of shows the fans in Europe and North America get to see.  

Don’t be so jealous. They’re playing one show 30 miles from where I am and a tease of a lottery at the Apollo. For most of us in NY (no shows since 16) it’d be easier to get to kardinia park than get tickets in NY when it’s only one arena show!
  • GA seemed very relaxed from some videos I saw.  Maybe 2/3 full once people started pressing up towards the front. I assume that's how they like it
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    GA seemed very relaxed from some videos I saw.  Maybe 2/3 full once people started pressing up towards the front. I assume that's how they like it
    From my view, looked like they could’ve easily fit another 200+ in GA.  Was a huge GA section relative to some previous NA shows though. 

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    Bunting10 said:
    Renfield said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Renfield said:

G’night 

Haha I plan on retiring on top! 
    I understand 😔 

…. but are you sure about that
    https://youtu.be/UPw-3e_pzqU

• Love the acoustic starts.  May be the only one, but I have zero interest in Purple Rain.  A ton more PJ songs I'd rather hear

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,323
    vitodacat said:
    Love the acoustic starts.  May be the only one, but I have zero interest in Purple Rain.  A ton more PJ songs I'd rather hear
    I have less than zero interest in purple rain. 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    vitodacat said:
    Love the acoustic starts.  May be the only one, but I have zero interest in Purple Rain.  A ton more PJ songs I'd rather hear
    I saw McCready and Friends jam Purple Rain at Big Sky  a few years ago. Josh K can do a damn fine Prince. It’s better when EV hands it off to Josh imo. 
  • Would you rather hear Better Man for the umpteenth time instead of Purple Rain?  Given that choice id take PR.  If a cover replaces a standard hit I’m all for the cover … but if they play PR instead of Sad I am frustrated.  And I think the casual fans are just as happy for PR as a hit.
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    I personally think Purple Rain is an incredibly fun cover. I’d prefer they play their own music. But if they’re going to do one…I’ve heard Baba and RITFW sooo many times.
  • nicknyr15 said:
    vitodacat said:
    Ditto. And it goes on forever.
  • I would rather hear sirens than purple rain
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    nicknyr15 said:
    vitodacat said:
    Ditto. And it goes on forever.
    Just hope I don’t see it

• HaijayHaijay Posts: 376
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Fingers crossed the sitdown set was to help transition back to  27, 28-song setlists.
    Those days are done. They are transitioning into Genesis.
    I just don't get it. I'm chalking part of this year up to mayyyybe dealing with Long Covid or some shit, but I really don't get the regression.
    Ed’s voice probably hasn’t fullt recovered from Europe and they do not want to cancel more shows. This is the new normal. For now.
    Again, totally get it, willing to give them a mulligan for basically all of 2022. But like going forward this would very much alter my view of them as a live/touring band.
    Wow, drama queen, much? Just turn your membership card in at the door. BYE!!!
    Go follow the Peppers and their hour and a half snorefests. 
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 376
    I honestly wish EV would address it. He KNOWS that is fans have noticed the shorter sets and lack of variety. 
    They dont have to say a bloody word about it, to anybody. Certainly not a bunch of elitist whiners in the fan club. Not happy? LEAVE already, jesus. The endless bitching about set length and song selection is disgusting. Dont go to anymore shows, quite simple🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,323
    Haijay said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Fingers crossed the sitdown set was to help transition back to  27, 28-song setlists.
    I just don't get it. I'm chalking part of this year up to mayyyybe dealing with Long Covid or some shit, but I really don't get the regression.
    Ed’s voice probably hasn’t fullt recovered from Europe and they do not want to cancel more shows. This is the new normal. For now.
    Again, totally get it, willing to give them a mulligan for basically all of 2022. But like going forward this would very much alter my view of them as a live/touring band.
    Mature bashing other bands. I’ve heard nothing but good things about their tour. Talk about drama queen.. 
  • Haijay said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:

• nicknyr15 said:
    Haijay said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Mature bashing other bands. I’ve heard nothing but good things about their tour. Talk about drama queen.. 
    The Chilis are not a great live act imo.