Options

Leg 2 NA 2022 Pearl Jam Posters

Comments

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,522
    Did I read somewhere on here that tubes past a certain length cost more to mail?
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,267
    Did I read somewhere on here that tubes past a certain length cost more to mail?
    Yes. USPS adds $4 if over 22" and $15 if over 30" 
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    100 Pacer said:
    I am getting ready to mail a poster. Is the tube that you get from the venue sturdy enough to mail it in? I also have one of the triangular ones you can get at the post office. It seems pretty sturdy, are those better to mail posters in?
    I would caution against using the show tube.
    The thicker the better for sure..but if you "have" to use the triangle mailer in addition to the tube for sure. Lots of video..and preferences.. but this video is pretty good for the general best practices. Craft paper over hanging the print keeps the print itself from sliding back and forth and dinging edges. Making the rolled print smaller than the tube helps prevent damage if the tube is crushed a bit as it is not touching the outside..and makes it easier to get out. Worth it for you and your buyer to take some extra time I think :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo6puQXTzn8

• Options
    euchrid said:
    100 Pacer said:
    I am getting ready to mail a poster. Is the tube that you get from the venue sturdy enough to mail it in? I also have one of the triangular ones you can get at the post office. It seems pretty sturdy, are those better to mail posters in?
    The thicker the better for sure..but if you "have" to use the triangle mailer in addition to the tube for sure. Lots of video..and preferences.. but this video is pretty good for the general best practices. Craft paper over hanging the print keeps the print itself from sliding back and forth and dinging edges. Making the rolled print smaller than the tube helps prevent damage if the tube is crushed a bit as it is not touching the outside..and makes it easier to get out. Worth it for you and your buyer to take some extra time I think :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo6puQXTzn8

Thanks for the video. It was informative. 
  • Options
    I know they’ll be Psst’s soon, but does anyone think the MSG will come down in price on EBay? It will look good next to my 2020. Thanks 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,871
    My gut tells me most newer posters will be less expensive. If you hold off. Miss the psst. Prices may rise for a bit. Then fall. I don't imagine them staying high. (Maybe Munk will) Complete guess but likely. 
  • Options
    I know they’ll be Psst’s soon, but does anyone think the MSG will come down in price on EBay? It will look good next to my 2020. Thanks 
    As others have said, wait for the psst posts. There will be a rise in price shortly after that but if you're patient the price will most likely come down a little bit after that. The MSG show was great and the poster is definitely a nice one but I don't think it's considered the next Kong, Moline, Cracker Jack, etc...
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,267
    100 Pacer said:
    Got my Denver AP today. A prime example of why flimsy tubes are risky 

• Options
    Damn reminds me of the mess with Nicole Rifkin.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,466
    I realize some damage is unavoidable.  But maybe artists should charge a few extra bucks for sturdier shipping materials. A damaged Denver AP just sold on eBay.  So I’m guessing you’re not the only unlucky one. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

Damn! And is that .. staples?!?
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

I saw this and immediately found a VERY thick construction print tube to put the poster in. I wrote  DO NOT CRUSH 4 times on the tube. When the person at the post office saw it she said there is no way that tube is getting crushed. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

Damn! And is that .. staples?!?
    Some artists staple the cap on to keep it from popping off during shipping.  To me tape is perfectly fine as long as you use a couple pieces.   Also seen some artists ship with nothing on there but the cap. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

I saw this and immediately found a VERY thick construction print tube to put the poster in. I wrote  DO NOT CRUSH 4 times on the tube. When the person at the post office saw it she said there is no way that tube is getting crushed. 
    Somewhere out there a postal employee took that as a challenge.  

• Options
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

Somewhere out there a postal employee took that as a challenge.  
    Hopefully not!🤣
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    PVC tubing is the best shipping tube in my opinion. 

I imagine it COULD shatter/break, but it would take a LOT of weight to crush/hurt whats inside... 

Sorry to those experiencing lousy shipping issues!

That Rifken situation was the craziest ive ever seen...
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    She's a beaut! 

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,376
    edited October 2022
    Got Denver AP today, completely ruined.

Looks like someone hacked the ends off the tube with a saw, then stapled the caps. 

The hacksaw might have even worked if he used tape...anyway, will be returning.
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    Got Denver AP today, completely ruined.

Looks like someone hacked the ends off the tube with a saw, then stapled the caps. 

The hacksaw might have even worked if he used tape...anyway, will be returning.

Sweet zombie jebus!!!  :o

Oh boy! Can't wait to see what condition mine will arrive in. 
  • Options
    DN36753DN36753 Posts: 128
    Anyone have any idea on when Dan Mumford is going to have the New York print up on his website?
  • Options
    DN36753 said:
    Anyone have any idea on when Dan Mumford is going to have the New York print up on his website?
    His last post said soon. I'm thinking next week. 
  • Options
    Forthcoming. 

• Options
    KUHL2009 said:
    DN36753 said:
    His last post said soon. I'm thinking next week. 

I'm guessing that too. Sign up for his newsletter over @ https://www.dan-mumford.com/about . And check out his Instagram page for updates. https://www.instagram.com/danmumforddraws/

• Options
    Crossing fingers Ottawa & Toronto AP posters ship out next week. 
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,935
    Nashville AP just arrived and looks amazing. Great job as always @bradklausen
  • Options
    Nashville AP just arrived and looks amazing. Great job as always @bradklausen

Cool! Can't wait to receive my copy.

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,231
    Got my Nashville yesterday …
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,871
    I like the way bk signs it. Sometimes lost in the print when others do it. Very nice!
  • Options