Just About Done With PJ

13»

Comments

• StevieG73StevieG73 Posts: 452
    jstu39 said:
    I think a fan for a long time can feel a disconnect. I don’t necessarily agree with the OPs point, but while they champion environmental causes they leave a pretty big carbon footprint. They are rich, which is not their fault, but does create separation from many. Even their cancellations the last few years, again not entirely their choice, have left many who traveled in a tough spot and maybe could have been done differently. I for one don’t like too many political speeches at concerts, unless it’s a vote for change type event. And while I agree with many of their stances, I disagree with some too. Doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the art. A well crafted song that tells a story can be a thing of beauty. And can’t blame the band for getting older, happens to all of us. Hopefully we all grow and evolve a bit and find some peace. 
    This touches on another subject that I still can't completely wrap my mind around which is people getting upset when affected by show cancellations.  Let's use Amsterdam night 1 for example.  PJ has booked a show in Amsterdam...for the people of Holland and surrounding areas.  Not to please fans travelling in from North America or any other distant location.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    StevieG73 said:
    jstu39 said:
    I think a fan for a long time can feel a disconnect. I don’t necessarily agree with the OPs point, but while they champion environmental causes they leave a pretty big carbon footprint. They are rich, which is not their fault, but does create separation from many. Even their cancellations the last few years, again not entirely their choice, have left many who traveled in a tough spot and maybe could have been done differently. I for one don’t like too many political speeches at concerts, unless it’s a vote for change type event. And while I agree with many of their stances, I disagree with some too. Doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the art. A well crafted song that tells a story can be a thing of beauty. And can’t blame the band for getting older, happens to all of us. Hopefully we all grow and evolve a bit and find some peace. 
    This touches on another subject that I still can't completely wrap my mind around which is people getting upset when affected by show cancellations.  Let's use Amsterdam night 1 for example.  PJ has booked a show in Amsterdam...for the people of Holland and surrounding areas.  Not to please fans travelling in from North America or any other distant location.
    This part I don't really agree with. A different topic, but PJ touring plans are dependent on traveling fans. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    It's 2022. PJ and RATM have been in our lives since the early 90's. Thoughts and prayers for anyone just now realizing these bands are political. 

kid rock or Ted Nugent are probably touring if someone wants a different point of view.  People always call artists stuff like political narcissists when they disagree with them. It’s just music when they agree though. 

not my fault the good bands lean left 
    Saw Uncle Ted last week, good time. 
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
    Zod said:
    lol, what, what band did you spend the last 30+ years listening to?

It's like people hating RATM because they're political :)
    RATM are the biggest hypocrites.... So at the MSG show and I assume for all shows - they have a sign that says no video, no filming devices and absolutely No Political signs or apparel containing messages will be allowed in the arena.

Meanwhile during their show they are projecting political messages throughout the show??!!! You can find this on youtube or any social outlet. 

So their message is - we can project messages we want you to see but you are not allowed to do so.... Seems logical right?

Anyway, for PJ, like it or not, I don't agree with all of their political views. I am 38 and when I was a teenager, I sided with them more so then... Now that I am older I've changed and that's ok - I am still able to appreciate what they stand for although I disagree - they have not changed in 30 years. Still a connection with music. Going to these shows you always expect some political messages. It's been that way since their inception.

Now if they took the RATM route and told me I cannot have my own thoughts or counter their agenda - I would choose to no longer follow them...
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,008
    Please remember, your tickets are non-transferable. Ticketmaster has partnered with Pearl Jam to make sure fans get their tickets at face value. To achieve this, Pearl Jam has directed that tickets be non-transferable.* On the night of the show, all guests will be required to enter with the ticket purchaser. For fans that cannot use tickets they have purchased, they can sell them on the Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange. There are no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
    *Does not apply to shows in New York or Colorado.

This discussion has been closed.