Just About Done With PJ

Comments

• Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    see ya
  • The title of this thread should really be "Just About Done with Keeping an Open Mind".  That ability seems to diminish as people get older.  In this case, 47 seems to be the breaking point.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    EH58750 said:
     Anyway, I have two tickets to Nashville, very good seats and two to St. Louis (pit). Willing to take offers. No BS. 

Also, this isn't going to go the way you think it is.
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited August 2022
    EH58750 said:
    Sick of the liberal BS. Loved this band since I was 16 years old in ‘91 when they released Ten but now I’m 47 years old with a family to take care of. Love these dude’s music but over being talked down to. Look where their political influences have gotten us. Anyway, I have two tickets to Nashville, very good seats and two to St. Louis (pit). Willing to take offers. No BS. 
    This post describes you changing not the band as they have been left of center since literally day 1 and have never been shy about it.

if they released the video for Jeremy today, it would be a bigger deal.  Same video, way more politicised climate. 

thats ok you’ve changed, but it’s not on them, that’s all you

ironic that the exact same people who booed Bu$hleaguer back in the day would cheer it today.  Again the song didn’t change, the “conservatives” who supported Bush changed from then to now.  
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,442
    EH58750 said:
    Sick of the liberal BS. Loved this band since I was 16 years old in ‘91 when they released Ten but now I’m 47 years old with a family to take care of. Love these dude’s music but over being talked down to. Look where their political influences have gotten us. Anyway, I have two tickets to Nashville, very good seats and two to St. Louis (pit). Willing to take offers. No BS. 
    LOL...hilarious. I hope your member # is better than mine
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    EH58750 said:
    I think they have toned it down during their concerts lately. Even if it's something I agree with, I still hate the political/social rants. I guess they do it because they think the crowd is uninformed or stupid. They would reach more people and have a way bigger impact if they did more interviews where they expressed their opinions. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,442

Nobody:

Literally Nobody:

Not a single god damn soul:

Angry, bitter, rattled and confused MAGA cultist:  Just about done with Pearl Jam.  Sick of the liberal BS. Loved this band since I was 16 years old in ‘91 when they released Ten but now I’m 47 years old with a family to take care of. Love these dude’s music but over being talked down to. Look where their political influences have gotten us. Anyway, I have two tickets to Nashville, very good seats and two to St. Louis (pit). Willing to take offers. No BS. 
    Same here...now that I'm 53 and my kids are grown I just can't listen to their liberal propaganda anymore.

/idiocy
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • smile6680 said:
    EH58750 said:
    I guess they do it because they think the crowd is uninformed or stupid. 
    Don't think that's it at all.  I think they are trying to inspire people to stand up for what they believe in, or at the very least, vote.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,207

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    edited August 2022
    Honest question. Do you like it when Eddie goes on political/social rants during a concert even if you agree with what is being said? 

Post edited by smile6680 on
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    edited August 2022
    JimmyV said:
    Getting older, drifting farther to the right, becoming radicalized, and turning your anger on the rock band that didn't go along with you on your journey. 
    Yup, probably Complains about sports going “woke” as well
    Post edited by apirk72 on
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,498
    StevieG73 said:
    I'll never understand the need for a post like this, social media has convinced everyone that they're the star of the show.  Absolutely no one cares if you no longer listen/support the band.  If you've got tickets to sell...you're on the wrong board.
    Very true. Good post
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,630
    These types of threads are always funny
  • TinaETinaE Posts: 1,484
    KM73780 said:
    At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. 
    Haha. Great post 
    Agree
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    smile6680 said:
    Honest question. Do you like it when Eddie goes on political/social rants during a concert even if you agree with what is being said? 

If it’s coherent? Yes. He made some good speeches in Europe 
    smile6680 said:

Yes.

to me it’s engrained within the music. Whatever he says is part of those same feelings expressed musically.

the only difference is it’s more obvious to people not paying attention and you can’t pretend it’s not there 

it’s one and the same 
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 665
    Can I please have your STL GA tickets if I guess correctly? -> Recent FBI raid was your tipping point!
    JPPJ84 said:
    smile6680 said:

If it’s coherent? Yes. He made some good speeches in Europe 
    Reasonable response. Thank you.
  • PJlivePJlive Posts: 469
    EH58750 said:

If you can't put politics aside then the issue is with yourself! I may not agree with everything going on in the world and the stances the band makes on certain things, but i never let that cloud my view of all us fans.
    9/1-9/2/2000 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    4/28/2003 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    5/3/2003 - Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
    7/5-7/6/2003 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    7/13/2003 - Hershey Park, Hershey, PA
    10/1/2004 - Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge, George, WA
    10/03/2005 - Wachovia Center, Phila, PA
    5/27-5/28/2006 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/16/2008 - Columbia, SC
    6/19-6/20/2008 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/24-6/25 - Madison Square Garden
    10/28-10/31/2008 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    9/22/2012 - MidTown, Atlanta, GA
    10/21-10/22 - Wells Fargo Center, Phila, PA
    10/30/2013 - Charlotte, NC
    04/21/2016 - Columbia, SC
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,525
    smile6680 said:

I was annoyed in St Paul when he talked for literally 20 minutes about EB during the show. I understood it; the doc was from the local hospital, etc, but it was EXCESSIVE. I should never have to skip a song on a boot because of 20 minutes of talking. 

but for the most part, Ed keeps it short and sweet and I'm fine with that, whether I agree or not (and I usually do). 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• StevieG73StevieG73 Posts: 452
    smile6680 said:

Depends on where it is.  Found it a bit strange that he brought up the topic of US gun violence in London, not really a UK issue imo.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,525
    StevieG73 said:
    smile6680 said:

Depends on where it is.  Found it a bit strange that he brought up the topic of US gun violence in London, not really a UK issue imo.
    he often does that. he talks during Canadian shows about how "we do things right on this side of the border", with regards to whatever issue he's talking about that day. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited August 2022
    StevieG73 said:
    smile6680 said:

he often does that. he talks during Canadian shows about how "we do things right on this side of the border", with regards to whatever issue he's talking about that day. 
    I’ve been to several london shows.  He’s talked guns at all of them I’ve been to I think.

my take besides the fact he is anti gun is he somehow feels obligated to say something as an American because those crowds can’t fathom American gun culture and it’s more a “we aren’t all like this” kind of thing. 

Living there for many years the number one thing by far a british person would ask me when they found out I was American, was guns.  
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • StevieG73StevieG73 Posts: 452
    StevieG73 said:
    smile6680 said:

Bringing it up in Canada makes sense, it's becoming an issue there.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • jstu39jstu39 Posts: 145
    I think a fan for a long time can feel a disconnect. I don’t necessarily agree with the OPs point, but while they champion environmental causes they leave a pretty big carbon footprint. They are rich, which is not their fault, but does create separation from many. Even their cancellations the last few years, again not entirely their choice, have left many who traveled in a tough spot and maybe could have been done differently. I for one don’t like too many political speeches at concerts, unless it’s a vote for change type event. And while I agree with many of their stances, I disagree with some too. Doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the art. A well crafted song that tells a story can be a thing of beauty. And can’t blame the band for getting older, happens to all of us. Hopefully we all grow and evolve a bit and find some peace. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,756
    This is my favorite ”look at me” thread on quite some time. OP just needs a hug and a bottle. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,380
    The band had nothing to do with the search warrant. Get a grip, dude!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,306
    EH58750 said:
    Pearl Jam are not anywhere near the political narcissists that RATM are. PJ touch on many human levels (love, hate, religion, human emotions, flat out love of rock and roll and all of its history). Pretty sure their base ticket isn’t as much as RATM. A little secret for you…I’m not going to see RATM. 
    Your loss. Zero speeches and one of the best shows you’ll see. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    It's 2022. PJ and RATM have been in our lives since the early 90's. Thoughts and prayers for anyone just now realizing these bands are political. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    It's 2022. PJ and RATM have been in our lives since the early 90's. Thoughts and prayers for anyone just now realizing these bands are political. 

kid rock or Ted Nugent are probably touring if someone wants a different point of view.  People always call artists stuff like political narcissists when they disagree with them. It’s just music when they agree though. 

not my fault the good bands lean left 
This discussion has been closed.