Options

We made it, by bike, for Given To Live:)

IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138

Truthfully I’m not sure how we made it to Amsterdam. 

The heat, at times as if we were cycling in a sauna, bike problems, injuries, exhaustion, miles, miles and more miles. So called cycle paths that were absolutely unfit for purpose.
But we made it. I very much doubt I’d have made it without Ewa who only came to support me knowing how much I want Given To Live to succeed in continuing to be able to take people their show. 

It’s appropriate to be at Pearl Jam tomorrow - their music helped me through some of my darkest times and one of many reasons GTL works the way it does is to honour those who struggle. I believe the band is authentic, that @eddievedder speaks his truth. At Given To Live we write the stories with truth believing maybe one person will learn more about the issue our guest has. 

Whether it’s Pearl Jam, A7X, Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Sabaton, Stereophonics, Foo Fighters or whoever it was they wanted to see it wouldn’t have happened without my love of Pearl Jam and the deep realisation that going to a gig isn’t easy for everyone for more reasons than many of us realise. 

A carer who’s given up everything to take care of a partner, a child. Physical or learning difficulties that means getting to a show is a lot more than simply getting the ticket; tickets that are sometimes far out of the financial reach of a parent. The person who has lost all confidence and belief in their worth because of depression or being in an abusive relationship - we will honour you for who they are, the poster our artists have created for them tell aspects of their story only they know - you are still worthy and beautiful. 

But now, to borrow a sporting analogy, GTL is down by 2, two outs in the bottom of the ninth and no one on base. But a seeing eye single and a big fly would take GTL to extra innings…calling David Ortiz:) 

The link to donate and also please share (to donate merch/memorabilia to auction email contact@giventolive.com ) -

https://chuffed.org/project/gifting-live-music-therapy-461km-pearl-jam-amsterdam

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,848
    Well done  guys.  I used to go to gigs freely . Things change fast and  i fully understand  the  need for sanctuary  and a few hours  off or away from distress and pain

Hats off guys.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    ktmusarktmusar Posts: 39
    Small donation made.  I'm in Amsterdam for the shows, and my niece is demanding I get on a bike. I think supporting you guys will be my way of doing so!  If I run into you at the shows, water is on me! 
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 576
    Absolutely brilliant 👏.   Well done 
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

• Options
    ktmusar said:
    Small donation made.  I'm in Amsterdam for the shows, and my niece is demanding I get on a bike. I think supporting you guys will be my way of doing so!  If I run into you at the shows, water is on me! 
    We’ve two bikes you can borrow while we are here, not in a rush to get on them just now:) 

And thank you 🙏🏻 
    Given To Live -

• Options

A collage of GTL shows & posters:) 
    Given To Live -

• Options
    Many thanks:)))
    Given To Live -

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    As always....amazing Tom.
    So well done.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 687
    Well done - great work your organization does.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,691
    I’m gutted for these guys that after a big push to do this ride and raise their profile by tying it to these shows to find the first one cancelled. 

Hopefully we can raise a healthy sum for them to make it still worthwhile 

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Well done and so glad you both arrived safely. Sorry to hear about the Night 1 cancellation but hope you make your fundraising goal regardless  <3