Cancellation Notice For Prague

Comments

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,279
    vito said:
    DL136722 said:
    KM73780 said:
    DL136722 said:
    I guess I'm missing something because I don't understand when people say physical toll when describing a band that tours. They fly into a city via private jet, stay in a luxury hotel, eat well, sleep in if they choose to, go to sound check, work/play music for a couple of hours and repeat, how's is that physically grueling? If you're talking about the roadies then I get it but as for the actual musicians they're working less than the average person is per day, it's not they're working a 8-10 hr shift, I'm definitely missing something 
    Do you sing and/or play an instrument? If not, please sit down and be quiet. 
    What job would you rather have, middle school teacher or be in a world famous rock band making at least 10x more than the middle school teacher? 
    10x you mean 1000x's. EV is worth over 100 Million and he's earned every penny but, please stop with how tough it is to be a rock star😎
    John Lennon begs to differ.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    vant0037 said:
    My own personal rule when traveling for a band is that I’ll never travel to a place for a show where I wouldn’t otherwise visit on its own.  Sucks that the show was cancelled for sure.  I hope you still find time to enjoy Prague and Europe etc!  Stay safe all
    Good rule of thumb.  That paid off for me when the Stones had to cancel a Vegas show I got tickets for in 2016.  I was bummed but still has a great time on vacation.  Life is fragile.  Things happen that are outside our control.  The end of the day it’s first world problems.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 821
    JimmyV said:
    That Seattle residency is looking real good right about now. 
    Yeah, that would actually be great for them, their crew, their families, and really great for Seattle and whatever venue could pull it off (and it would be cool for fans too, despite the expenses to travel).  Even if they played only two shows a month (back to back Friday and Saturday), that would be 24 shows a year and EASY for them to pull off.  Do it indoors and you don't have to worry about smoke, rain, etc.  It would be the biggest tourist draw the city has ever seen.  They could advertise that Saturday nights will be focused on the hits, with the preceding Friday shows being advertised as focusing more on the rarities.  Otherwise, they may have to resort to this...
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    What are people doing tomorrow? I was too tired to make the party tonight.
    Just wandering around the city, sightseeing. Would have liked to see the bones church but that’s almost a day trip. Next time!
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,960
    So sad for you good people. Big love to you all . 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 730
    Thinking of all of those who had their show(s) cancelled. So much anticipation building for two years, and then empty handed. Yes Vienna and Prague are amazing cities, but still can’t be the same. I had London night 2 cancelled in 18, but at least there was a show the day before.

I’ll offer free beers in Qc City and the next four for those of you that went through cancellations on this leg. 

Get back home safe everyone. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    So brutal for all of the fans.  It really is a crazy time to be following this band around the world.  There are no guarantees anymore.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710
    DL136722 said:
    Cosmo said:
    While the vast majority of this community shows empathy towards others, be it for fans, band members or concert goers in general… there are always the minority voices out there that consider their opinions as facts that are universal, rather than singular. 
    That said, we only know what we know. And what we know is that we are living in strange times. We are living at a time when we are affected by a global pandemic as well as being beyond the tipping point that affects the global climate.
    For me… personally, I feel bad for the fans who have anticipated a brief 2 hours to escape this reality.
    In this case, it is the health of persons we love. We don’t personally know any of them, but we understand they are human, just as we are.
    Why can’t we just wish them back to health and say, ‘Take care, dude. I’ll catch you next time around’.
    I know it is tough when so much expense, time and effort went into the planning, but, it could be worse. It could be a world without this.
    My take would be to just spend your time enjoying where you are, here and now. You have friends around you and maybe you are in a foreign land. Take advantage of that. You will probably run across folks that will become lifelong friends that you would have never met if these circumstances did not occur.
    Lastly, for Eddie. Take care dude. You know, we ain’t growing any younger and our old ass bodies ain’t what they used to be. Listen to your doctors. If they tell you that you need to shut the fuck up for a while, then shut the fuck up for a while. We’ll catch you down the road.
    And stop smoking 🚬🚫
    Absolutely no one has the right to tell Ed what to do, if he likes a smoke - that's really his call. I genuinely think anyone who thinks these cancellations are down to smoking really needs a little word with themselves. Hes smoked for what 30 years? more? and suddenly its an issue. Yes his voice might have changed through it over the years but he sounds damn good to me still for a guy in his mid 50's.

On a side note I can't help but think its far from a far gone conclusion that Amsterdam isn't happening. If that was the case and they knew straight up that there was no chance of recovery - those shows would be pulled already. They are travelling to Dam on the basis of playing, we can only hope he can do that. They know full well many folk are flying from all over for the shows, so if there was a huge doubt and only a glimmer of a chance of the shows they would have cancelled already. Keep everything tightly crossed guys ;)
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,010
    So brutal for all of the fans.  It really is a crazy time to be following this band around the world.  There are no guarantees anymore.
    Yeah completely agree. 

I travelled from South Africa for the Hyde Park shows only. I am so grateful that I got to see them without incident. Night 1 was an absolute highlight for me and the experience will live with me forever. Those were my 17th and 18th shows. 

I’m not sure if I will get an opportunity to travel again to see my favorite band but I’m sure as hell gonna try. 

I feel for all the fans with the cancelled shows and hope that the Amsterdam shows go ahead. 

All the best to the fans and the band. 

rustedsigns
  • Options
    killcropkillcrop Posts: 10
    Aa looks like we spend the day exploring beautiful Prague. 
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    pdalowsky said:

On a side note I can't help but think its far from a far gone conclusion that Amsterdam isn't happening. If that was the case and they knew straight up that there was no chance of recovery - those shows would be pulled already. They are travelling to Dam on the basis of playing, we can only hope he can do that. They know full well many folk are flying from all over for the shows, so if there was a huge doubt and only a glimmer of a chance of the shows they would have cancelled already. Keep everything tightly crossed guys ;)
    I needed to hear this. If there’s any chance of the shows going ahead we’ll be on the plane. We fly at lunchtime tomorrow and as far as I’m concerned no news is good news for now!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,010
    pdalowsky said:
    DL136722 said:
    Cosmo said:
    While the vast majority of this community shows empathy towards others, be it for fans, band members or concert goers in general… there are always the minority voices out there that consider their opinions as facts that are universal, rather than singular. 
    That said, we only know what we know. And what we know is that we are living in strange times. We are living at a time when we are affected by a global pandemic as well as being beyond the tipping point that affects the global climate.
    For me… personally, I feel bad for the fans who have anticipated a brief 2 hours to escape this reality.
    In this case, it is the health of persons we love. We don’t personally know any of them, but we understand they are human, just as we are.
    Why can’t we just wish them back to health and say, ‘Take care, dude. I’ll catch you next time around’.
    I know it is tough when so much expense, time and effort went into the planning, but, it could be worse. It could be a world without this.
    My take would be to just spend your time enjoying where you are, here and now. You have friends around you and maybe you are in a foreign land. Take advantage of that. You will probably run across folks that will become lifelong friends that you would have never met if these circumstances did not occur.
    Lastly, for Eddie. Take care dude. You know, we ain’t growing any younger and our old ass bodies ain’t what they used to be. Listen to your doctors. If they tell you that you need to shut the fuck up for a while, then shut the fuck up for a while. We’ll catch you down the road.
    And stop smoking 🚬🚫
    Absolutely no one has the right to tell Ed what to do, if he likes a smoke - that's really his call. I genuinely think anyone who thinks these cancellations are down to smoking really needs a little word with themselves. Hes smoked for what 30 years? more? and suddenly its an issue. Yes his voice might have changed through it over the years but he sounds damn good to me still for a guy in his mid 50's.

Couldn’t agree with you more Paul! 
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,710
    tino_11 said:
    pdalowsky said:

I needed to hear this. If there’s any chance of the shows going ahead we’ll be on the plane. We fly at lunchtime tomorrow and as far as I’m concerned no news is good news for now!
    ive always been an optimist ;)
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    pdalowsky said:

Fingers crossed! Hope to see you and K again in Amsterdam 🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    JPPJ84 said:
    tino_11 said:
    pdalowsky said:

Yes, we can meet for drinks if nothing else!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    tino_11 said:
    pdalowsky said:

Yes, we can meet for drinks if nothing else!
    Always a good idea 😎
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,883

Lots of people still showing up for Prague merch. 
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Does anyone have a location for a meet up tonight?
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    Does anyone have a location for a meet up tonight?
    From the FB Prague group 

• Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,017
    I saw Ziggo Dome retweeted this article.  Anyone able to translate the summary?  Wasn’t sure if it mentions anything regarding the likelihood of the AMS shows proceeding.
    https://www.nu.nl/muziek/6213679/amsterdamse-shows-pearl-jam-gaan-volgens-concertorganisator-gewoon-door.html
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Awesome. We’re going to go to a bar in the centre around 6pm if anyone is free before 9 o’clock.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 747
    edited July 2022
    Ryan said:
    I saw Ziggo Dome retweeted this article.  Anyone able to translate the summary?  Wasn’t sure if it mentions anything regarding the likelihood of the AMS shows proceeding.
    https://www.nu.nl/muziek/6213679/amsterdamse-shows-pearl-jam-gaan-volgens-concertorganisator-gewoon-door.html
    They say that for now concertorganistor MOJO are still believing that both shows will go on as scheduled.
    Mojo has contacted the PJ agents and managment.
    Post edited by Robbert on
  • Options
    Ryan said:
    Just used Google translate. Summary: Nothing is certain 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    JPPJ84 said:
    Ryan said:
    Sounds about right. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,214
    JPPJ84 said:
    Ryan said:
    Ain’t that the truth! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    They should sign some of those posters. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    edited July 2022
    So anyone hyped for the Gothenburg 2023 show yet?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tomasszotomasszo Posts: 1
    Hello to everyone who is in Prague right now, would you be interested in an evening singing together by the Károly bridge in the city center? We have an acoustic guitar, we need your voice, let's get the most out of the evening! What you think?
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited July 2022
    ComeToTX said:
    They should sign some of those posters. 
    They could scan tickets, so only those that showed up for the gig got to go thru the line, and sign merch.  Maybe do that for 2-3 hours.  If there are too many people that show up, then do random lottery for line up.  That would take the sting out of missing the show, and flippers there to just buy merch don’t get anything signed…
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Wilco87Wilco87 Posts: 33
    edited July 2022
    vito said:
    browngw said:
    matt84 said:
    Did cross my mind that Paris should have been the cancelled show.
    Probably paid too much to cancel that one.
    Just like adding a festival in Louisville which, now makes my St.Louis show the 3rd in 3 days(when was the last time they played 3 shows in 3 days???) Was it for a big festival pay day?🤔 There was absolutely no resson to add Louisville!
    Granted it was not a full band on Fri/Sat 1 of Ohana 2021 and the first night was not a full set, but EV did sing 3 nights in a row. Sounded great during the the entire Sun PJ set.

Post edited by Wilco87 on