03. Deep
04. Untitled
05. MFC
06. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
07. Low Light
08. Do The Evolution
09. Retrograde
10. Dance Of The Clairvoyants
11. Even Flow (mosh pits and crowd surfing.  Ed admonishes them to be careful. Mike runs around down in the barricade section)
12.  Quick Escape
13. Superblood Wolfmoon
(Some talk about people seeing 50 shows and couples with lasting relationships, members of the audience and the members of the band.)
14.  Amongst The Waves
15. Corduroy
16. Not For You/Modern Girl-(Sleater Kinney)-1:26 music and lyrics
17. Nothing Man (During the song Ed admonishes a person who is still crowd surfing.  He points out that it has been going on all night and this isn’t really the song for it and that there are women and young children in the front and people are getting beat up.)
18. I Believe In Miracles-(Ramone, Ray) (Talks about the owner of the Ramones museum)

{Ed talks about how it looked like shows might not ever happen again and how in the US egomaniacal politicians were trying to divide our country.  He mentions a man named Roland who bought tickets for the show when they were first available, before the delay from Covid.  Roland ended up facing some challenges but Ed wanted him to see how beautiful the venue is from the stage and invites Roland down. Roland is in a wheel chair but he and his family make it down the steep ramp and get to stage. Take photos with the guys and then enjoy…}
19. Porch

Encore Break

20. Footsteps
21. Street Fighting Man-(Jagger/Richards)
22. Yellow Ledbetter (Only played about half then switched to..)
23. Alive

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 368
    I don’t want to rate this show. Roland was on stage and it looks like he has a great time. 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,428
    It was my first ever show and I absolutely loved it! Great atmosphere and you could see that the band had so much fun. On to the next in Zürich 😎
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,345
    On my way back to the hotel now. Feeling pretty beat up, the crowd was intense up front!

Show was intense, band sounded great but we've been spoiled with the marathon shows because this felt short!

Still, it was a blast and a great way to get started proper with the tour!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    It will take me a while to not feel disappointed by these new set lists honestly. I just can’t help it. 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 873
    nicknyr15 said:
    It will take me a while to not feel disappointed by these new set lists honestly. I just can’t help it. 
    look at the bright side, you only need to buy one bootleg! haha
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    What a fucking show. A 2 hour blast. Even Mrs Milan loved it.  Loved the short? sharp intensity of a two hour show. Though they could drop Street Fighting Man FFS.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,922
    Quick Escape was insanely good, Jeff brought the dirty bass sound and I was like wait, what the… loved it!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 261
    If they're gonna give us barely 2 hour shows, then at least cut the covers.
  • runbirdukrunbirduk Brooklyn Posts: 21
    Venue truly amazing. Some good pit action viewed from the bleachers!
    For an outdoor venue the sound was pretty good. A few classics and loved hearing the new songs. 
    Always going to be ones you wish they’d played.
    A lot of people stayed even as the set was cleared away, looked to be some in disbelief it was over at 10pm. 
    Only con is we thought we’d get second hand lung cancer ha ha.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • maximumlawmanmaximumlawman Regensburg, Germany Posts: 212

Waldbühne is always a great venue. The weather was perfect, the crowd enthusiastic and the band was loving it. A nicely balanced setlist, a cascade of fast openers, the new songs fitting in, highly emotional moments. (Elderly Woman into Low Light, Footsteps). Can it get any better? But the set felt 2 or 3 songs short: when they went of the stage after Alive, the show did not feel finished for me,  Being spoiled by their long shows it will take me some time to adjust. Next week in Frankfurt I will keep trying. 
  • vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,434
    JPPJ84 said:
    It was my first ever show and I absolutely loved it! Great atmosphere and you could see that the band had so much fun. On to the next in Zürich 😎
    I'm so happy you finally got to see them and from the pictures per usual Berlin looked like it was another perfect night. Btw ignore all the spoiled knuckleheads who keep pining for the past(myself included sometimes) as long as it was perfect for you that's all that matters!!😎
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    edited June 2022
    Ok... first show of the tour for me, 25th show total... mixed feelings... spectacular setlist, unpredictable start, mindblowing crowd as usually in Berlin ... but ... I know the shorter set would happen (based on the US shows) but still it felt like it was cut off in the middle... The YLB -> Alive transition didn't help - amazing to hear but the joke would have only worked (for me) if there would have been some songs following it. Maybe it's just adjustment that is needed, but I think if they stay below ~25 songs, I'll cut it down to 1 show a tour from 5 - 7 I do now. I understand that it has to happen, they can't keep playing 3.5h shows forever but it feels strange and a bit sad. Finishing with the positives: They sound incredible good (especially Quick Escape!), look fresh and it still feels like home singing along to the classics, covers and rarer traits! Highlight for me: Untitled/MFC, Nothingman and (an amazing version of) Corduroy + the Roland moment 
    Post edited by one_stone on
  • fl247556fl247556 Posts: 264
    SEA you forget Quick escape between even flow and superblood wolfmoon. 
    freddie vedder
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,428
    vito said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    I'm so happy you finally got to see them and from the pictures per usual Berlin looked like it was another perfect night. Btw ignore all the spoiled knuckleheads who keep pining for the past(myself included sometimes) as long as it was perfect for you that's all that matters!!😎
    Hehe, thank you 😊 
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    Was this a festival?
  • AJ237112AJ237112 Posts: 5
    Its really dissappointing for me that they start playing only 2 hour shows. Why the change???These long shows really differentiated PJ from all the other bands. They appreciated fans many of them travelling from long distances with looong sets. Miss them very much:) 
  • foriginalsinforiginalsin Posts: 693
    Agreed the short shows are weird when you are there bc it feels like theres another 30 minutes left at least. The show itself is great for 2 hours, the new songs sound fantastic as does the band in general. 

Hope they are just building up stamina and yes i know i am/we are spoiled. 
  • I wasn’t there so I can’t complain. The set lengths are clearly what they are gonna be at this point. It is what it is. However, if I was there and Ledbetter got cut halfway through to go into alive I would have been pissed. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    Untiltled-->MFC is probably my white whale at this point.

Sounds like a strange end to the show.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • TheMooksterTheMookster Posts: 90
    edited June 2022
    The impression I got was that they were getting ready to do Alive but there was a delay with Stone getting his guitar ready and Ed was clearly anxious they were running out of time (I'm sure I heard him say at one point that they'd been told to finish by the time it got dark) so he asked Mike to start Ledbetter, then it seemed Ed wanted to make sure they got Alive in, so he prompted the band to wind up Ledbetter and start Alive. That bit definitely felt rushed but I guess the combination of having a support act and early finish time imposed on them had an effect. I thought they dealt with it pretty well under the circumstances and they didn't shortchange us on a great jam in Porch.
    Thought they were really great tonight though - Ed's voice was great and Mike's solos amazing and fantastic to have Matt back. Retrograde was brilliant - glad we got the Gigaton stuff, hope they do more.

Edit: setlist photo on Instagram seems to confirm the original.plan was Alive then Ledbetter so I think Ed was just buying time for Stone to get his guitar ready. They scratched Better Man before Alive and they didn't take that long an encore break so they were obviously just up against it curfew-wise
    Post edited by TheMookster on
    Finsbury Park '92 | Brixton 1 '93 | Wembley 2 '96 | Wembley 1&2 '00 | Reading, Paris '06 | Munich, Wembley '07 | Shepherds Bush, Berlin, Manchester, London '09 | Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park '10 | Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1, Copenhagen, Atlanta '12 | Brooklyn 2, Philly 1&2, LA 1&2 '13 | Amsterdam 1&2, Vienna, Berlin '14 | Central Park, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City '15 | Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Wrigley 1&2 '16 | London 1, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, London 2, Fenway 2 '18 | Oakland 1&2, Berlin, Zurich, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam '22 | St. Paul 1&2, Chicago 1&2 '23 |
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,631
    edited June 2022
    Post edited by Sea on
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 873
    edited June 2022

Post edited by Sea on
  • stmccartstmccart Posts: 14
    edited June 2022
    I was flying solo for this show and I met some amazing people that hooked me up with a spot to sit / stand with their group of 3 as it was GA throughout.  My new friends, some German and some Austrian (ten club members) said it was a bummer to them to have traveled that far for a "short" show.  I was in heaven but agreed it did seem short.  How could it not after the crazy 35+ song shows of the past?  But I live in San Francisco and have seen them lots and lots over the last 25 years so I can understand the disappointment. The crowd was somewhat perplexed as a whole, I must say, at the length of the show.  Disbelief was pervasive for a few minutes.  Call the complainants  spoiled  - but that was the common conclusion from those that knew their PJ history.   A new day dawns, is all I can say.  My smile could not be wiped off my face no matter the disappointment of change being expressed around me; just a crowd wanting more.  Regardless, what a venue and what a crowd!  That you could hang out for a bit after the show and get a beer and food at the venue after the show was unlike anything I have ever experienced in the US.  Wow wow wow.  Such a different and better experience post show.  Time to talk to new friends and have them assist on how to get back to the hotel on the train.  Delayed 50th birthday trip, 2020...glad to finally meet you!  I had tears of joy and amazement running down my face under my sunglasses for the first half of the show.  I can't explain.  Just overwhelmed with good feelings - PJ got me again.  I needed that.  On to Zurich!
    Post edited by stmccart on
  • stmccart said:
    I was flying solo for this show and I met some amazing people that hooked me up with a spot to sit with their group of 3 as it was GA throughout.  My new friends, some German and some Austrian (ten club members) said it was a bummer to them to have traveled that far for a "short" show.  I was in heaven, but I live in SF and have seen them lots and lots over the last 25 years.  The crowd was somewhat perplexed as a whole, I must say, at the length of the show.  Disbelief was pervasive for a few minutes.  Call them primadonnas - but that was the common conclusion from those that knew their history.   A new day dawns, is all I can say.  My smile could not be wiped off my face no matter how hard anyone tried, and they did not.  What a venue and what a crowd!  That you could hang out after the show and get a beer and food at the venue after the show was unlike anything I have every experienced in the US.  Wow wow wow.  Such a different and better experience post show.  Time to talk to new friends and figure out have them assist on how to get back to the hotel on the train.  50th birthday trip, 2020...you are doing just fine.  I had tears running down my face under my sunglasses for the first half of the show.  I can't explain. On to Zurich!
    this is great, and I know how you feel, just seeing them play, especially after the last couple of years, and with the whole band well and enjoying it, will never be lost on me, no matter how long they play for. cloud nine the moment Why go kicked in! 
    Finsbury Park '92 | Brixton 1 '93 | Wembley 2 '96 | Wembley 1&2 '00 | Reading, Paris '06 | Munich, Wembley '07 | Shepherds Bush, Berlin, Manchester, London '09 | Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park '10 | Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1, Copenhagen, Atlanta '12 | Brooklyn 2, Philly 1&2, LA 1&2 '13 | Amsterdam 1&2, Vienna, Berlin '14 | Central Park, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City '15 | Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Wrigley 1&2 '16 | London 1, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, London 2, Fenway 2 '18 | Oakland 1&2, Berlin, Zurich, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam '22 | St. Paul 1&2, Chicago 1&2 '23 |
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    Stop fucking complaining about 2 hour set lists. Enjoy what you have. 
    Stop constantly complaining about other people complaining 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,419
    Only 2 hours. Yes we are spoiled.  The bar is high.  We prop them up to be so much more.  But yet they deliver. Every time.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    JimmyV said:
    Untiltled-->MFC is probably my white whale at this point.

Me too.