*** SACRAMENTO, CA 2022 SETLIST THREAD SHOW CANCELED ***

124»

Comments

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Marcust99 said:
    It's costing all of us in a variety of ways. I decided last week to use all my airline points (united and SW) to fly up... they're very valuable and equal to money. GONE for no benefit now. 
    The worst is not being to get any merch for our disappointment. I'm encouraging all the frustrated fans to write on 10C support/ contact us page and let's see what happens. 
    I know the feeling. It is just unfortunate. The band tried their best but as Ed said we live in tough times. I had a ticket for Ed's show in Long Beach and that too didn't happen that day because someone got infected.  
    Ed’s right. We do live in tough times. But most of us don’t have money to waste for nothing like I did yesterday. 6 dollars a gallon gas and the full tank it took round trip not to mention 7 hours on the most fucked up highway in America. The ca99. You want to see the price of corruption in California drive this highway. To cancel a show at 1:30 in the afternoon day of show is bullshit. If this is the times we are in then my money will no longer support live music and the avalanche of merch peddled to us. Just my choice after the fucking I got yesterday. Yes, I’m a pessimist. 
    Perhaps it was such a late cancelation because maybe Jeff tested positive earlier in the morning then they went and did a PCR test, which takes much longer, to confirm one way or the other?
    That may be true but when people are spending thousands to millions of dollars combined just to get to the show and lodging and food that can’t be refunded (in 30 days, fuck you Ticketmaster🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽) and your testing where it’s 130 In the afternoon day of show before you know if the show will happen is a shitty business practice. If this wasn’t Pearl Jam and we heard it was a kid rock concert I bet most of you wouldn’t be so sympathetic at the fucking they gave each of us yesterday. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • aweisman10aweisman10 Posts: 161
    Sad :/ hope everyone is well, and sucks for everyone that traveled. 
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus Posts: 828
    I don’t have extra money to throw at nothing and covid is never going away so all that means for me is that my days of following the band or any destination concert now are now over. I feel bad for Jeff and Matt but my feelings are not going to replace the time, money and vacation hours I will never get back. No refund on those from Ticketmaster. 

I have fan club Dave matthews band tickets at shoreline in September that I now will be selling off. today has completely soured me on any concerts in the future and also will be reconsidering why to even stay in the ten club or Dave Matthews fan club. 

Bless all of you that take todays cancellation and can find positives but today has given me lemons and turned them into hot piss. 

Unless the band plays Fresno again, Monday was most likely my final PJ show. 
    Sorry to hear Bro, that sucks.  But I hear you and agree with you.  I hope I have at least one show left in me (I'm at #19), but yeah...it is time to cancel my 20+ year Ten Club membership (208XXX).  Luckily I live in San Diego, so I saw 3 shows last year and 3 shows this year, but unless PJ comes out and confirms that they are not testing for viruses (whatever virus may be out there next time around), I won't even travel 2 hours North to LA.  San Diego, Dana Point, or nothing for me from here on out.  But yeah, as nice as it is being able to get GA or floor seats, I will not renew and just take my chances with Ticketmaster.  Hell...I always wanted a seat behind the stage for a change of pace anyways.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,347
    Nice that they didn’t have to cancel shows that were postponed for two years. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    Boy, I guess that $20 the Ten Club charges is really putting you guys out. lol
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
    Here’s an idea for future tours. Hire studio musicians to be on stand by for if someone catches the virus. Fly them out when needed. Yes this will add to cost of the tour and only the big ones can do it but it’s better than canceling shows. Just an idea. 
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    I get to go inside Golden One Center tomorrow, .....For my Kids Graduation from Sac State.. with honors.. Missing a concert no big, missing kids graduation NO WAY. 
    I don’t have extra money to throw at nothing and covid is never going away so all that means for me is that my days of following the band or any destination concert now are now over. I feel bad for Jeff and Matt but my feelings are not going to replace the time, money and vacation hours I will never get back. No refund on those from Ticketmaster. 

I have fan club Dave matthews band tickets at shoreline in September that I now will be selling off. today has completely soured me on any concerts in the future and also will be reconsidering why to even stay in the ten club or Dave Matthews fan club. 

Bless all of you that take todays cancellation and can find positives but today has given me lemons and turned them into hot piss. 

Sorry to hear Bro, that sucks.  But I hear you and agree with you.  I hope I have at least one show left in me (I'm at #19), but yeah...it is time to cancel my 20+ year Ten Club membership (208XXX).  Luckily I live in San Diego, so I saw 3 shows last year and 3 shows this year, but unless PJ comes out and confirms that they are not testing for viruses (whatever virus may be out there next time around), I won't even travel 2 hours North to LA.  San Diego, Dana Point, or nothing for me from here on out.  But yeah, as nice as it is being able to get GA or floor seats, I will not renew and just take my chances with Ticketmaster.  Hell...I always wanted a seat behind the stage for a change of pace anyways.
    Agreed. Lots of money wasted for a lot of people because PJ has to test everyone daily regardless of how they feel. Why not do what all professional sports do now (only test if actually sick)…You don’t see many players being out cause Covid lately, and, if they are, they’re not out long at all….games aren’t canceled ever these days…Covid not going away, so something has to give to avoid all the heartache for fans that spent money to travel.
  • mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 106
    Marcust99 said:
    It's costing all of us in a variety of ways. I decided last week to use all my airline points (united and SW) to fly up... they're very valuable and equal to money. GONE for no benefit now. 
    The worst is not being to get any merch for our disappointment. I'm encouraging all the frustrated fans to write on 10C support/ contact us page and let's see what happens. 
    I know the feeling. It is just unfortunate. The band tried their best but as Ed said we live in tough times. I had a ticket for Ed's show in Long Beach and that too didn't happen that day because someone got infected.  
    Ed’s right. We do live in tough times. But most of us don’t have money to waste for nothing like I did yesterday. 6 dollars a gallon gas and the full tank it took round trip not to mention 7 hours on the most fucked up highway in America. The ca99. You want to see the price of corruption in California drive this highway. To cancel a show at 1:30 in the afternoon day of show is bullshit. If this is the times we are in then my money will no longer support live music and the avalanche of merch peddled to us. Just my choice after the fucking I got yesterday. Yes, I’m a pessimist. 
    Perhaps it was such a late cancelation because maybe Jeff tested positive earlier in the morning then they went and did a PCR test, which takes much longer, to confirm one way or the other?
    That may be true but when people are spending thousands to millions of dollars combined just to get to the show and lodging and food that can’t be refunded (in 30 days, fuck you Ticketmaster🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽) and your testing where it’s 130 In the afternoon day of show before you know if the show will happen is a shitty business practice. If this wasn’t Pearl Jam and we heard it was a kid rock concert I bet most of you wouldn’t be so sympathetic at the fucking they gave each of us yesterday. 
    insane to blame the band for this. I think it's pure disappointment and anger talking if you think the band sat on the decision for 5 minutes longer than they had too. Nobody is saying this isn't shitty for the fans but there's nothing the band can do about it. They're human and if you haven't noticed we are living in unprecedented times. 
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    mshnayder said:
    Marcust99 said:
    insane to blame the band for this. I think it's pure disappointment and anger talking if you think the band sat on the decision for 5 minutes longer than they had too. Nobody is saying this isn't shitty for the fans but there's nothing the band can do about it. They're human and if you haven't noticed we are living in unprecedented times. 
    Im sure the fans found out the minute all options were discussed and exhausted, the insurance carrier was involved and they had to decide if it was canceled or postponed. Im sure the postponement options were in play, do they put off for 10 days like with the EV shows. Do they tack on after Denver. Could be other shows that are booked but not scheduled in the fall that could have impacted the decision. Either way its not test positive, cancel show 5 min later..... its a process that takes time to think through. 
  • utpaldesaiutpaldesai Posts: 28
    I think the most surprising element is the fact that the shows were not rescheduled. The band didn't provide any explanation. I am guessing rescheduling is a big headache but just mentioning the fact that they tried but didn't work out would have helped. Now I have to wait another 5 years for the band to tour again and none of us are getting any younger. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,718
    Here’s an idea for future tours. Hire studio musicians to be on stand by for if someone catches the virus. Fly them out when needed. Yes this will add to cost of the tour and only the big ones can do it but it’s better than canceling shows. Just an idea. 
    Just bring Black Circle on the road with them. From the videos and live feeds I have watched of them, they know the songs backwards and forwards. They are pretty amazing.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,650
    Just bring Black Circle on the road with them. From the videos and live feeds I have watched of them, they know the songs backwards and forwards. They are pretty amazing.
    I love Black Circle!!!!
    Bring someone who can play the songs. 80% of the people going can’t name one other member than Ed and the show can go on. Just tour as ….Maybe Pearl Jam to prevent lawsuits. 
    Or Pearl Jam and Friends. 

Now they can just be called Canceled…the Pearl Jam Experience. 

Or wear mask like Slipknot so when someone goes down, no one knows. 

Or just toughen the fuck up. What happened to the show must go on? 
    They could have played an acoustic set and offered refunds for those who didn’t want to go and gave a unique experience to those that did. 

Exactly!! Here’s how wild and ridiculous this situation is that cost fans thousands of dollars that are already here in Vegas: 

Eddie was sick the other night, tested negative for Covid, but had the stomach flu (still contagious, still sick that others could catch), BUT since he tested negative for COVID the show went on and it was okay for him to perform 
     without a mask while being sick…BUT Jeff tests positive for COVID, and, most likely has symptoms close to a cold because he’s vaccinated, the Vegas show that is 3 days later gets canceled! But Eddie who was sick played without a mask just cause it wasn’t COVID, yet still sick and could get others sick.

3 years ago these shows would never have been canceled and Jeff would’ve pushed through…unfortunate how some people are handling things these days. I’m here in Vegas for show, and took vacation time, spent money on flights and hotel that I would Not have done if PJ wasn’t playing. I feel Bad for everyone else in the same boat.

Can’t play a concert but can peddle merch (the San Diego poster release today) am I on the Kiss website?
  • maxDaddymaxDaddy Posts: 36
    Can’t play a concert but can peddle merch (the San Diego poster release today) am I on the Kiss website?
    Yes I just saw that.... I kind of expected an email from ten club but as far as I can tell none was sent. I missed the Oakland2 poster in person so hoping to get one of those if any extras a dropped in the shop...
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,360

Exactly!! Here’s how wild and ridiculous this situation is that cost fans thousands of dollars that are already here in Vegas: 

Eddie was sick the other night, tested negative for Covid, but had the stomach flu (still contagious, still sick that others could catch), BUT since he tested negative for COVID the show went on and it was okay for him to perform 
     without a mask while being sick…BUT Jeff tests positive for COVID, and, most likely has symptoms close to a cold because he’s vaccinated, the Vegas show that is 3 days later gets canceled! But Eddie who was sick played without a mask just cause it wasn’t COVID, yet still sick and could get others sick.

3 years ago these shows would never have been canceled and Jeff would’ve pushed through…unfortunate how some people are handling things these days. I’m here in Vegas for show, and took vacation time, spent money on flights and hotel that I would Not have done if PJ wasn’t playing. I feel Bad for everyone else in the same boat.

The "stomach flu" is not contagious like COVID is contagious.  The "stomach flu" is not actually influenza, i.e., not an airborne virus.  The "stomach flu" is either gastroenteritis, which is contagious primarily if you share an eating utensil with someone (or eat food that they've eaten) or if you handle their feces, or it is food poisoning, which is a bacterial infection that is not contagious.  Eddie was almost certainly not putting anyone at risk in Fresno unless the band was planning to have a makeout party, feed each other wedding cake, or fling their poop at one another.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,360

Agreed. Lots of money wasted for a lot of people because PJ has to test everyone daily regardless of how they feel. Why not do what all professional sports do now (only test if actually sick)…You don’t see many players being out cause Covid lately, and, if they are, they’re not out long at all….games aren’t canceled ever these days…Covid not going away, so something has to give to avoid all the heartache for fans that spent money to travel.
    Professional athletes are in their 20s and 30s.  Pearl Jam are in their late 50s.  Jeff is 59 years old, for Pete's sake.  Mike is 56 years old with a chronic inflammatory disease.

And Boom could be 35 or 100.  Honestly, either seems plausible.

EDIT: Boom is 69.  Nice!
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,650
    https://youtu.be/YmFAduWLrLM

Brand new from Graham Parker, timely topic
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    BF25394 said:

The "stomach flu" is not contagious like COVID is contagious.  The "stomach flu" is not actually influenza, i.e., not an airborne virus.  The "stomach flu" is either gastroenteritis, which is contagious primarily if you share an eating utensil with someone (or eat food that they've eaten) or if you handle their feces, or it is food poisoning, which is a bacterial infection that is not contagious.  Eddie was almost certainly not putting anyone at risk in Fresno unless the band was planning to have a makeout party, feed each other wedding cake, or fling their poop at one another.
    +1, finally someone who comes with medical facts
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,236
    Man I can understand the frustration directed at the band but it really is unwarranted! After 2020 cancellation of spring tour I decided no more traveling for shows or even attending big arena shows! It was a choice we all had I chose to stop, but I still renewed my membership it still worth it to me just in case in future I’m talking 3-5 years we get back to some form of Abnormal lol YF reference! If not it was worth the 30 years of paying dues my 30 year anniversary of joining 10C is November 2023! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 106

You guys are literal sociopaths.