Just fly out Dave Abbruzzese to Sacramento

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,117
edited May 2022 in The Porch
VS, Vitalogy and late 90s Guns n Roses focused show.

This is the time. This is the place.

Just do it Jeff and Ed. Pick up the phone. Skype up Dave.
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,643
    One can dream right????

Last Exit
    Go
    Animal
    Leash
    Rearviewmirror
    Dissident
    Spin the Black Circle
    Satan’s Bed
    Corduroy
    Tremor Christ
    WMA
    Not For You
    Daughter
    Immortality
    Betterman
    Whipping
    Rats
    Blood
    Elderly Woman
    Indifference
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,117
    edited May 2022
    But wait, they are friendly with Jack Irons so what if he shows up(?)... and with him Neil Young...

MIRROR
    BALL
    REUNION
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    You read my mind.  As I was driving home from Fresno, I thought, "Would it be too much to ask to get Dave A. to Sacramento to play Vs. front-to-back?"

(Answer: yes... but it's fun to dream, especially when your cruising down the 99 in the middle of the night with the nearly full moon overhead the whole way-- making me think of the "lyrics" to "I'm Open").
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Posts: 2,209
    No thanks. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,046

It's been almost 30 years.

Just get over it. 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    Irons yes.  Dave no.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,934
    Let it go. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,614
    The zombie horse just politely asked if y'all would stop beating it, thanks.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    I understand why people want this but do think it would be more trouble than it's worth. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    Hasn't Dave A criticized the band quite a bit over the years? Maybe he needs to let it go.  Why should they reward someone who has talked shit about them for the past 30 years?
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    Go Animal said:
    It's not even recognizable as a horse anymore.

Hasn't Dave A criticized the band quite a bit over the years? Maybe he needs to let it go.  Why should they reward someone who has talked shit about them for the past 30 years?
    Seriously. Whatever happened, there's still bad blood there. It's not going to happen.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,311
    No. Please no. Let it go. 
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    mpedone said:
    Go Animal said:

Seriously. Whatever happened, there's still bad blood there. It's not going to happen.
    Now I could be way off but I’ve always interpreted it as a lot more than the TM rift 

I’ve always interpreted Glorified G as a song specifically slamming Dave.  Then they made him play it.  I think the bad blood is mutual 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,258
    mpedone said:
    Go Animal said:

Now I could be way off but I’ve always interpreted it as a lot more than the TM rift 

I’ve always interpreted Glorified G as a song specifically slamming Dave.  Then they made him play it.  I think the bad blood is mutual 
    I heard on PJ radio Jeff say Glorified G was kind of making fun of Jeff’s dad. Or at least the line “always keep it loaded” was a quote from his dad.

Either way, if Lindsey Buckingham can write “go your own way” about Stevie sleeping around and make her sing backup on it, and they reunite a few times. Anything is possible I guess.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited May 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mpedone said:
    Go Animal said:

I heard on PJ radio Jeff say Glorified G was kind of making fun of Jeff’s dad. Or at least the line “always keep it loaded” was a quote from his dad.

Either way, if Lindsey Buckingham can write “go your own way” about Stevie sleeping around and make her sing backup on it, and they reunite a few times. Anything is possible I guess.
    Apparently Dave came into the studio one day and announced he bought “a couple of guns” then the song happened. That’s what I’ve always heard 

Either way, Dave clearly wasn’t aligned with the rest of the band in a lot of stuff.  Which long term wouldn’t have been sustainable anyway
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,985
    I’m not sure why people are responding so strongly to this suggestion? 

Is it likely to happen? No. Was it likely that Dave K. would play with them again? Not really. Would this still be cool? Of course. 

Lots of drummers on this totally crazy tour, why not let some people dream? 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

edited May 2022
    yosi said:

Is it likely to happen? No. Was it likely that Dave K. would play with them again? Not really. Would this still be cool? Of course. 

To me Dave K, and Jack left under different circumstances.  It’s way more possible (and happened with Dave K) than it is with Dave A.

I just think the circumstances are totally different which makes the odds astronomically lower.  I think the band like the other drummers minus Dave A 

doesnt mean I don’t think Dave A is one hell of a drummer 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    mpedone said:
    Go Animal said:

From stuff I've read, Ed and Dave didn't get along. Take that for what it's worth, but yes, I think the bad blood is mutual, which is why I don't think the band is ringing him up.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,985
    yosi said:

To me Dave K, and Jack left under different circumstances.  It’s way more possible (and happened with Dave K) than it is with Dave A.

I just think the circumstances are totally different which makes the odds astronomically lower.  I think the band like the other drummers minus Dave A 

doesnt mean I don’t think Dave A is one hell of a drummer 
    I totally agree with you. It is way less likely that Dave A will play with them. 

I just don’t get people saying, “get over it” when the drumming rotation this tour is literally unprecedented for the band. Let people dream. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    If it didn’t happen for the Hall of Fame, it’s not ever happening. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,046
    PJammin' said:
    This. 

A person has every right to dream. 

With that being said, whining ad nauseum about the same thing in a public forum invites the "get over it" comments; there really isn't a lot to get there.
    edited May 2022
    PJammin' said:
    In this situation of guest drummers, a good hypothetical is what happens if Dave A is literally the only drummer available?

Cancel show or call him would be the only two choices.  I tend to think the former 
  • This would be an incredibly classy move by EV & Stone. Vs in its entirety! Yes Please🙏
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    mace1229 said:
    mpedone said:
    Go Animal said:

Apparently Dave came into the studio one day and announced he bought “a couple of guns” then the song happened. That’s what I’ve always heard 

Either way, Dave clearly wasn’t aligned with the rest of the band in a lot of stuff.  Which long term wouldn’t have been sustainable anyway
    I believe it went:

Dave A:  I bought a gun
    Guys in the band:  You bought a gun?
    Dave A: In fact I bought two

Ed said he wrote the song while listening to his bandmates talk about different things and that conversation came up. Needless to say, I don't think Ed liked Dave A's politics, personality, or much of anything. It's probably softened over the years, but not to a point where they are ready to spend a day and share a stage with him for two hours. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Only if you call up your ex first and go on a date with her.
    PJammin' said:
    In this situation of guest drummers, a good hypothetical is what happens if Dave A is literally the only drummer available?

Cancel show or call him would be the only two choices.  I tend to think the former 
    Obviously those are not the only two choices. They have other drummers please.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    mace1229 said:
    mpedone said:
    Go Animal said:

I believe it went:

Dave A:  I bought a gun
    Guys in the band:  You bought a gun?
    Dave A: In fact I bought two

Ed said he wrote the song while listening to his bandmates talk about different things and that conversation came up. Needless to say, I don't think Ed liked Dave A's politics, personality, or much of anything. It's probably softened over the years, but not to a point where they are ready to spend a day and share a stage with him for two hours. 
    What do we/you know about Dave A’s ”politics”?

He comes off as very left leaning? So shouldn’t be an issue(?). 

But yeah. It’s clear (from Dave A even) that Eddie din’t gel with him. 
    PJammin' said:

Did you even read Cropduster-80’s post before posting?

If you had to choose - live your life only listening to Creed or live your life only listening to Nickelback?
    - Obviously those are not the only two choices. 
    There are other artists please.

PJammin' said:

Did you even read Cropduster-80’s post before posting?

If you had to choose - live your life only listening to Creed or live your life only listening to Nickelback?
    - Obviously those are not the only two choices. 
    There are other artists please.

Creed and I would hate my life 😂