Just fly out Dave Abbruzzese to Sacramento

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Oh god.

Let...it...go!
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    edited May 2022
    I never understood the Dave A love. He seems like he was an ass to the other band members during his time in the group and has done nothing but trash them since he was asked to leave. From a musical standpoint, I also think the drums are way too loud in the early 90s shows...as if he's clearly trying to make the drums the center of attention. Fitting for him...IMO, he can get lost.

(No this is not Ed's burner account  :D ).
    Post edited by droptheleash9 on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Doubt it, but you never know! Having Jack back would be fucking fun though! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • FlyBono24FlyBono24 Posts: 144
    I read somewhere it wasn't just the political differences, and him buying guns...  I think he was into the partying, the limelight, women, cars, drugs, etc... and the guys just weren't into the whole "rockstar lifestyle" as he was.

Seems like he was more of a fit in Guns N Roses or one of those bands.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,117
    Thought it read ”having Jack Black would be fucking fun though”
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Thought it read ”having Jack Black would be fucking fun though”
    Might as well call him too! Would love to see the guys cover 'Tribute'! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    Maybe Ringo sits for a song or 2 🤣
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    But what if what if what if haha he’s never coming back
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 897
    Dude is the Don Felder of PJ. Even when Frey died who seemed like he had the biggest problem with Felder they've not had him join or even guest. Chamberlain would be more likely.

Dream is they do a Ten NC Yield Gigaton set with Dave K, Jack and then Josh and Richard handling the songs the other two didn't play on.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
    JT167846 said:
    Dude is the Don Felder of PJ. Even when Frey died who seemed like he had the biggest problem with Felder they've not had him join or even guest. Chamberlain would be more likely.

Dream is they do a Ten NC Yield Gigaton set with Dave K, Jack and then Josh and Richard handling the songs the other two didn't play on.
    Man, poor Don Felder. That was rough to watch on that doco. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,346
    Am in favor of a Dave A contribution. Likely or not and whatever the history and drama it would be absolutely amazing and would be more exciting for many than Krusen, as great as even that was 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    Of course, it isn't likely to happen.  I don't think anyone seriously thinks it would.  Having said that, 30 years is a long time.  Sharper hatchets have been buried.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    BF25394 said:
     Sharper hatchets have been buried.
    https://youtu.be/mMqwTU83Pc8
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    LaFleur said:
    Maybe Ringo sits for a song or 2 🤣
    “Thanks Ringo, you’re the best!”
    ”No YOU’RE the best, I’m the greatest.”
    🤣
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    BF25394 said:
    Of course, it isn't likely to happen.  I don't think anyone seriously thinks it would.  Having said that, 30 years is a long time.  Sharper hatchets have been buried.
    I LOVE Dave on the drums but his attitude seems the same as 30 years ago. He’s not ready to bury.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • I am unsure why there is so much disdain for Dave A. While I will agree that his drumming style is more "up-front" than most drummers and he did seem to have an unnatural affinity for his splash cymbals I maintain that Pearl jam would not be where they are today without him. I firmly believe that Vs. is far and away the hardest rocking album the band has put out to date. It is an absolute powerhouse set of songs and near perfect and could not have been what it is without Dave A. Frankly..I think Matt would have wrecked those songs. The second point about Vs. is that it helped ensure that Pearl Jam did not have the pervasive Sophomore Letdown that so many artists have. Instead it cemented them as a band that will persevere and ultimately led to the band we have today. 

I don't know what happened between Dave A. & the band and really it's none of my business. I hope that whatever it was that eventually they can be friends at some level as they do all inhabit a shared history that everyone here shares in and loves.

As for me...if Dave A. showed up & played in Nashville...I'd be thrilled...

Peace.
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,526
    don't get the "let it go" comments. they have a drummer problem right now, they had Dave K sit in. Why not another former drummer? These things are just fun to speculate/dream about. harmless fun. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    I am unsure why there is so much disdain for Dave A. While I will agree that his drumming style is more "up-front" than most drummers and he did seem to have an unnatural affinity for his splash cymbals I maintain that Pearl jam would not be where they are today without him. I firmly believe that Vs. is far and away the hardest rocking album the band has put out to date. It is an absolute powerhouse set of songs and near perfect and could not have been what it is without Dave A. Frankly..I think Matt would have wrecked those songs. The second point about Vs. is that it helped ensure that Pearl Jam did not have the pervasive Sophomore Letdown that so many artists have. Instead it cemented them as a band that will persevere and ultimately led to the band we have today. 

I don't know what happened between Dave A. & the band and really it's none of my business. I hope that whatever it was that eventually they can be friends at some level as they do all inhabit a shared history that everyone here shares in and loves.

Peace.

Cmon, Soundgarden drumming isn’t powerhouse enough?

Vs is a great album, a top 3 for me, but these songs are hopefully strong enough to survive the talents of any drummers who have had the honor to sit behind the core four.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,311
    I am unsure why there is so much disdain for Dave A. While I will agree that his drumming style is more "up-front" than most drummers and he did seem to have an unnatural affinity for his splash cymbals I maintain that Pearl jam would not be where they are today without him. I firmly believe that Vs. is far and away the hardest rocking album the band has put out to date. It is an absolute powerhouse set of songs and near perfect and could not have been what it is without Dave A. Frankly..I think Matt would have wrecked those songs. The second point about Vs. is that it helped ensure that Pearl Jam did not have the pervasive Sophomore Letdown that so many artists have. Instead it cemented them as a band that will persevere and ultimately led to the band we have today. 

Peace.
    Matt would have wrecked those songs? Really? Cmon. Dave A is a mediocre drummer who happened to be in an extraordinary band. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    #DaveATruthers

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,985
    don't get the "let it go" comments. they have a drummer problem right now, they had Dave K sit in. Why not another former drummer? These things are just fun to speculate/dream about. harmless fun. 
    Totally agree. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

edited May 2022
    I am unsure why there is so much disdain for Dave A. 
    People want a watermelon colored splatter limited edition Eddie Vedder Earthling vinyl in their next Mystery Box.
  • nautical_disasternautical_disaster Posts: 277
    edited May 2022
    The differing viewpoints every time Dave A comes up are interesting. On one hand, i'm in the group of fans who fell in love with pearl jam in the Jeremy video era. So my most intense pearl jam fandom was probably 92-95, which was very much Dave A era. I have very fond memories of the Dave A era, even though my favorite drum compositions comes from the Jack Irons records. On the other hand (and i'm sure i'm not the only musician in here), I've been in a band where it wasn't working out with one of the band members, and we parted ways with him. It wasn't a fun experience, and even as small a band as we had, there was a bit of drama behind the scenes that we had no desire in revisiting anytime soon.

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

The differing viewpoints every time Dave A comes up are interesting. On one hand, i'm in the group of fans who fell in love with pearl jam in the Jeremy video era. So my most intense pearl jam fandom was probably 92-95, which was very much Dave A era. I have very fond memories of the Dave A era, even though my favorite drum compositions comes from the Jack Irons records. On the other hand (and i'm sure i'm not the only musician in here), I've been in a band where it wasn't working out with one of the band members, and we parted ways with him. It wasn't a fun experience, and even as small a band as we had, there was a bit of drama behind the scenes that we had no desire in revisiting anytime soon.
    I was going to bring this up too, and as unpleasant as the band dynamic was when it imploded for me (and we were just a stupid basement band trying to record an album, no world tours or magazine covers were imminent lol), eventually things cooled down and we all hang out again in small ways. of course, there was no public mud slinging in the press or online. But meh, who knows. 

www.headstonesband.com

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:

Peace.
    Matt would have wrecked those songs? Really? Cmon. Dave A is a mediocre drummer who happened to be in an extraordinary band. 
    Dude...I mean...C'mon.  Dave A is an amazing drummer VS without Dave A would have been a fizzle fest.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    Stone should just invite Dave to a waffle house and see what happens naturally....

www.headstonesband.com

• To put a positive spin on this: it's incredible to me that my favorite band of all time has such a variety of drum compositions throughout their discography. As a music nerd I feel like I won the lottery when I chose pj as my fav band in 92 :)

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,145
    What about a drummer from that cover band from Europe?  The guy that runs Lets Play All on Youtube has to have a killer drummer that knows their catalogue 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
    Just an idea, 

I'm just putting it out there

No need to raise your voices

it's just a something I thought of

maybe

both

Matt and Dave A can be good drummers. 
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Peace.
    Dude...I mean...C'mon.  Dave A is an amazing drummer VS without Dave A would have been a fizzle fest.
    That is a very fatalistic view of life and events. 

VS with Matt C wouldn't have been the VS of this Marvel Universe. That is all that is known.

But in this multiverse in another parallell universe it would have been something different, that is not the same as "a fizzle fest". Who knows, maybe in that universe it is a top 3 "Rolling stones 500 albums of all times" masterpiece.