North American vs European Tour

browngwbrowngw Posts: 116
My wife and I are traveling to Europe for the Vienna and Prague shows this summer.  Was just curious if anyone felt there were major differences between European shows vs North American shows.  Are they more greatest hits heavy in Europe?  Are GA and merch lines as crazy as they are here in North America.  I am looking forward to seeing one of my favorite bands in a few of my favorite European cities.  That being said my wife and I will probably want to spend more time exploring than standing in line for Pearl Jam.  Was just curious what other people have experienced traveling overseas for shows.  I don't care if I'm at the very back of GA, I'm just excited to see Pearl Jam live again and live it up with new fans!

Comments

• drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    Set lists are as varied here as they are in the US. In the U.K. at least just check out the set lists for the last 4 shows (Leeds, Milton Keynes 14 a d London 1/2 18). Tend to find they play hits at the festivals where it’s a general crowd, but the usual combination of rarities, fan favourites and hits at sole PJ shows. 

Merch wise I think it depends on the country. Some places like here in U.K. are as crazy on Merch as the US and PJ produce loads of it. Though I understand from friends that some of the European countries are less crazy and less is produced. Eg if you look at the 2018 posters it appeared there were loads of the London posters produced but very few of the Prague/Kraków.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    We are coming over from the US for both Hyde Park shows. We won't be spending all day at the festival. There is too much to see in London. We will probably arrive an hour or two before PJ is supposed to go on. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,890
    Crowd energy is normally higher in Europe.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023