Options

psst...5/10/2022

Comments

• Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    static111 said:
    Cropduster-80 said:
    static111 said:
    ugh Vault Vinyl or DMB tix for tomorrows austin show...?
    I always choose live vinyl over a concert regardless of the band if it comes to that. 

that way you can have a concert over and over again.

plus no drunk idiot is spilling beer on my shirt listening to a vault 
    Good advice lol. I want to gamble that the preorder is going to be open for at least a week.  If I don't find a decent sub $100 seat for the show tomorrow I will order the vinyl.
    I’ve got DMB Friday. 

Either way it’s a tough call 
  • Options
    Last vault I was able to post it to a friend in Northern Ireland which was a MASSIVE savings on postage. Postage to Republic of Ireland is €38 (not including Brexit VAT) - postage to Northern Ireland is just €6. An astronomical difference for 100miles away. 
    However this time it's not allowing me to post to a different 'country'.
    Anyone having this problem or anyone else know a way around it??
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,251
    edited May 2022
    I have mentioned this before, but I really cannot understand how the TenClub cannot figure out a better shipping solution for EU customers for these. Paying 38 euros for shipping to the Republic of Ireland is just not feasible for me, its incredibly disappointing. I order vinyl regularly from Europe at very low costs (5-10 euros) and I find it really disheartening that I cannot afford any of these Vault releases due to rubbish shipping rates.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 408
    When is the presale until?
  • Options
    Flavafraz said:
    Until they sell out I suppose.

4-7 months out  from shipping the order may already be in as far as numbers
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 404
    edited May 2022
    Edved82 said:
    I have mentioned this before, but I really cannot understand how the TenClub cannot figure out a better shipping solution for EU customers for these. Paying 38 euros for shipping to the Republic of Ireland is just not feasible for me, its incredibly disappointing. I order vinyl regularly from Europe at very low costs (5-10 euros) and I find it really disheartening that I cannot afford any of these Vault releases due to rubbish shipping rates.
    It could be actually cheaper to order from the US. I would pay 110 USD including taxes from the US to Germany. From the UK it costs 100 EUR plus you might have to pay import fees. 

Show you, what a joke the UK store is for Europeans. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Collection complete!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    AO253126 said:
    I'm not waiting around on this one. Definitely learned my lesson last time. I do wonder though if the preorders for this one will sell out as well?
    If the trade off for more limited availability is two vaults per year, I’m good with it. 

A lot of people were mad V1 sold out in 5 days.  If those pressing numbers allowed both V1 and V2 this year I don’t see an issue 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    DN36753DN36753 Posts: 128
    +1 thank you Santos
  • Options
    anakin_pdxanakin_pdx Posts: 388
    Flavafraz said:
    Until they sell out I suppose.

4-7 months out  from shipping the order may already be in as far as numbers
    Yeah.  Looks to be like Vault #1 with such a quick turn around from sale to shipping.  Hopefully they ordered more this time though, but I definitely wouldn't wait on it expecting it to be available in a few days or a week. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    axeljohan said:
    Edved82 said:
    It could be actually cheaper to order from the US. I would pay 110 USD including taxes from the US to Germany. From the UK it costs 100 EUR plus you might have to pay import fees. 

Show you, what a joke the UK store is for Europeans. 

Unfortunately its no cheaper, by the time they add their shipping fees plus an extra amount to cover import tax. It's an absolute joke, honestly. There's 27 countries in the EU, yet, anyone living there is forced to pay ridiculous shipping rates because TenClub can't get their act together on this.

I honestly don't mean to rant but as someone that would love to add these Vault releases to their collection, it's incredibly disheartening. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
  • Options
    Edved82 said:
    Yep. It's so disappointing.
    Another reason as to why I'm throwing money down the drain having a TenClub account if I can't even get the Vault vinyl. 
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    in b4 "wen vault 11 vinylz"
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Edved82 said:
    Another reason as to why I'm throwing money down the drain having a TenClub account if I can't even get the Vault vinyl. 

I won't be continuing with my membership next year, I don't think. As I said above, there is 27 countries in the EU, and surely there's a LOT more PJ fans across 27 countries than there is in the UK? From a business sense, and a logical point of view, they really are shooting themselves in the foot with this.

EDIT: Also, there is NO WAY that an item shipping from the UK to Ireland costs 38 euros. I buy stuff regularly from Amazon UK, that's shipped from UK warehouses, and it rarely comes to more than a fiver shipping. I've no idea what the TenClub are playing at here, but its a joke.
    Post edited by Edved82 on
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    Last vault I was able to post it to a friend in Northern Ireland which was a MASSIVE savings on postage. Postage to Republic of Ireland is €38 (not including Brexit VAT) - postage to Northern Ireland is just €6. An astronomical difference for 100miles away. 
    Make sure your country is UK before you add it to your basket and keep checking that it remains like that through to the checkout. Had a similar issue last time. Eventually it went through
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    mcgruff10 said:
    Collection complete!
    Atlanta 94 vault would be the icing on the cake. Would love this show on vinyl so much!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    Make sure your country is UK before you add it to your basket and keep checking that it remains like that through to the checkout. Had a similar issue last time. Eventually it went through
    Appreciate that. Has that worked for you on this vinyl?
    I've tried but anytime I change 'delivery', it makes my billing address UK and when I change that to Ireland it changes the delivery address to Ireland. Infuriating. 
    It worked for me last time to but not so far this time
  • Options
    carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    man shipping costs have increased.....calls on UPS
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    tino_11 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Collection complete!
    Atlanta 94 vault would be the icing on the cake. Would love this show on vinyl so much!
    Totally forgot about that one. Good call and agree.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Collection complete!
    Odds are that’s next 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    Kearn5y said:
    Appreciate that. Has that worked for you on this vinyl?
    I've tried but anytime I change 'delivery', it makes my billing address UK and when I change that to Ireland it changes the delivery address to Ireland. Infuriating. 
    It worked for me last time to but not so far this time
    It was like that for me the last time, eventually it worked. Actually remember now, kept my billing address as the UK address and it worked. Just made the purchase 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,541
    man these things just keep getting more expensive.  oof.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    Man, i thought i got off the rollercoaster by coming back from the 1st three shows, then Santos pulls me back in :) 

1st day back to work after a week plus in California......feeling shitty trying to push thru work today...This helps
  • Options
    YamriderYamrider Posts: 50
    I'm UK and had similar problem a while ago with a purchase that for some reason would not progress when it should have, with a country error message. I messaged via the help link and got a swift response that problem had been fixed and to try again. All went thro ok.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,165
    What a disaster I've just had ordering this LOL. Ordered from UK site earlier as usual but in my rush I entered the wrong email address...yes twice. Phone was auto completing and I just didn't notice. Emailed them to get the email address changed on order but unfortunately they couldn't so I asked to cancel. Going to let me know in a couple of days if it's possible to cancel. Anyway in my panic that it sells out before then and mine gets cancelled I got my wife to order one. Now she has an idea how much I spend on vinyl :(

Still think it's funny how there is nothing to stop anyone just ordering from the UK store, no need to be a member.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,076
    Edved82 said:
    Edved82 said:

I won't be continuing with my membership next year, I don't think. As I said above, there is 27 countries in the EU, and surely there's a LOT more PJ fans across 27 countries than there is in the UK? From a business sense, and a logical point of view, they really are shooting themselves in the foot with this.

EDIT: Also, there is NO WAY that an item shipping from the UK to Ireland costs 38 euros. I buy stuff regularly from Amazon UK, that's shipped from UK warehouses, and it rarely comes to more than a fiver shipping. I've no idea what the TenClub are playing at here, but its a joke.
    I’m in the U.K. - I think we have the second highest number of PJ fans worldwide. Though agree almost certainly more fans in total across the EU than in the U.K. 

All the main Merch companies in Europe (like Probity Merch which I think is the biggest) are based in England so that’s why the Merch stores are based here. Eg same with QOTSA and Foo Fighters Merch which are also based in England. 

They should really open up a third store somewhere in the EU though to help you guys with shipping and customs (in addition to keeping the U.K. store)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848

PJ Vault 2 - Live at the Vic Theater, Chicago August 2, 2007 - 3 Vinyl Book Sleeve
    Sold by Pearl Jam EU (Probity) This product will be released on Nov 01 Shipped from United Kingdom

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    FR181798 said:
    What a disaster I've just had ordering this LOL. Ordered from UK site earlier as usual but in my rush I entered the wrong email address...yes twice. Phone was auto completing and I just didn't notice. Emailed them to get the email address changed on order but unfortunately they couldn't so I asked to cancel. Going to let me know in a couple of days if it's possible to cancel. Anyway in my panic that it sells out before then and mine gets cancelled I got my wife to order one. Now she has an idea how much I spend on vinyl :(

Still think it's funny how there is nothing to stop anyone just ordering from the UK store, no need to be a member.
    The 10c has great customer service when it comes to canceling orders. I’ve had to cancel several times over the years for various reasons, never had an issue. Latest one was I didn’t know the deluxe cd and vinyl for warbling was going to be months later, but I didn’t want to order the regular cd or download if I paid for the other 2. Canceled no problem and ordered the regular cd.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    tino_11 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Collection complete!
    Odds are that’s next 
    Or, here's an idea! Something that hasn't already been released that I haven't owned on CD for 30 years already. 95 shows are under represented. 
    Post edited by emptycupinthemiddleofthesea on
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521
    What a fun show.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore