The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• 15 years and counting for DC
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Kwieneke said:
    JimmyV said:
    Longest stretch of time without a Massachusetts show in the band's history. Previous long was between the Orpheum in April of 94 to Great Woods in 1998. 
    Noblesville is in a 13 year drought. What other places have had a desperately long wait?
    HOUSTON
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 961
    Atlanta has a huge drought. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    It really sucks being a PJ fan sometimes. 
  • YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,107
    edited March 2023
    verceman said:
    JimmyV said:
    Stone's playing with Painted Shield, Matt is recording with 3rd Secret, Ed is likely involved with Ohana after playing solo...I don't know, I'm not optimistic that they are speeding along on a new album. 
    I am staying optimistic that the reason they have been able to offer posters signed by all the members of the band, is because all the members of the band have been in the same place at the same time. Thus, recording new music.

Yes, obviously they can sign one at a time via courier services or whatever but I am going with what I am going with.
    I figured they were all at Jeff's house for his birthday party. Party hats, cup cakes, ice cream, Pin the Tail on Stone, a real hum dinger!
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    15 years and counting for DC

I wonder if they count DC and Baltimore as one area. If so, that would hurt even more.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    mfc2006 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    JimmyV said:
    Longest stretch of time without a Massachusetts show in the band's history. Previous long was between the Orpheum in April of 94 to Great Woods in 1998. 
    Noblesville is in a 13 year drought. What other places have had a desperately long wait?
    HOUSTON
    It's beyond laughable.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • How can they not play Boston? It doesn’t make sense. Seattle too.
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    13 or 15 year drought? That's nothing. Welcome to Finland - last show in 1993.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    How can they not play Boston? It doesn’t make sense. Seattle too.
    Love Boston and going to Boston shows.  But they have been hit arguably better than any city in the country the last 10 years.   
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II

I wonder if they count DC and Baltimore as one area. If so, that would hurt even more.
    Nothing back to back nights at Merriweather can’t fix 
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 961

I might have to do that one for nostalgia sake...if only
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    edited March 2023
    Love Boston and going to Boston shows.  But they have been hit arguably better than any city in the country the last 10 years.   

If you said this 10 years ago, I would agree, but we're 20 years removed from the Boston experiment...  They've played Massachusetts all of 6 times in almost 13 years and counting. We have nothing to complain about up here, but it isn't like it used to be either. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    This speaks to the lack of Pearl Jam touring more than anything else. They haven't played Boston (or anywhere else in New England) in almost five years...yet somehow there aren't many other markets that have been played more in the last ten. SoCal and possibly Chicago are really the only contenders. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440

If you said this 10 years ago, I would agree, but we're 20 years removed from the Boston experiment...  They've played Massachusetts all of 6 times in almost 13 years and counting. We have nothing to complain about up here, but it isn't like it used to be either. 

I think most fans would be happy with seeing the band every 2 years or so. We are lucky in the northeast.

edited March 2023
    It's SoCal that has seen the most shows since 2013.

SoCal 9 (2 San Diego, 4 LA, 3 Ohana)
    New England 7 (1 Hartford, 2 Worcester, 4 Fenway)
    PNW 6 (3 in Seattle, 1 each in Portland, Vancouver and Spokane)
    Chicago 6 (5 at Wrigley, 1 in Moline)
    New York 6 (3 at MSG, 2 in Brooklyn, 1 in Central Park - more if you count New Jersey)

Of these five regions, only SoCal and New York have had a Pearl Jam show since 2018. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• 15 years and counting for DC

AMEN!
    edited March 2023
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Get_Right said:

I think most fans would be happy with seeing the band every 2 years or so. We are lucky in the northeast.

80% of the US population lives east of okc. The northeast corridor dc to Bos has a comparable population of Canada plus Australia. (Plus, not or). 

The northeast corridor has a population greater than Cali. How many show they play up here the last ten years? How lucky are we or did I miss the /s?  Bottom line, they haven’t done anything close to a full USA tour in ten years. Oh well.
  • Max PowerMax Power Posts: 17
     JimmyV said:

New York 6 (3 at MSG, 2 in Brooklyn, 1 in Central Park - more if you count New Jersey)

Of these five regions, only SoCal and New York have had a Pearl Jam show since 2018. 
    FWIW Milwaukee is half the distance from Chicago as Moline. 

Promoters must be getting a great deal at Northerly Island. No other justification for it being pushed as a premier venue. 
    Max Power said:
     JimmyV said:

Promoters must be getting a great deal at Northerly Island. No other justification for it being pushed as a premier venue. 
    Yeah, some of the distances complicate it. Obviously, there are many ways to look at it. I thought about Camden, NJ, which is only 2.5 hours or so from NYC, but that is not a New York show. I would probably classify Milwaukee the same way. 

This was kinda fun. I may play with it some more when I have some time. 

Max Power said:
     JimmyV said:

30,000 capacity probably helps things financially 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Get_Right said:

80% of the US population lives east of okc. The northeast corridor dc to Bos has a comparable population of Canada plus Australia. (Plus, not or). 

The northeast corridor has a population greater than Cali. How many show they play up here the last ten years? How lucky are we or did I miss the /s?  Bottom line, they haven’t done anything close to a full USA tour in ten years. Oh well.

And some ridiculous large majority of the US population lives within an eight-hour drive of Columbus.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Get_Right said:

And some ridiculous large majority of the US population lives within an eight-hour drive of Columbus.
    Even Toronto and other points in southern Ontario are within that 8 hour radius.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • devonfzdevonfz Posts: 141
    The US in general has been a rough place to be a Pearl Jam fan for about the last 10years. Am I wrong but Europe has gotten shows basically every two years?
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    Lolla lineup annouced Tuesday, March 21st at 10 AM CT...
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    JimmyV said:

Florida got 4 in 2016 (1st 4 shows of the tour)---- Fort Lauderdale - Miami - Tampa - Jacksonville..

crazy...
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    JimmyV said:

The Northeast wins the cake.. between Philly, NY, NE and surrounding areas... etc etc... all very drivable between them..   
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Ontario also had 6 shows since 2013 
    (1 Hamilton, 2 ottawa and 3 Toronto) 
    9-21-96 Toronto
    8-22-98 Barrie
    10-5-00 Toronto
    6-28-03 Toronto
    9-12-05 London, 9-13-05 Hamilton, 9-19-05 Toronto
    5-9-06 Toronto, 5-10-06 Toronto
    6-24-08 MSG, 6-25-08 MSG, 8-12-08 EV, 8-13-08 EV
    8-21-09 Toronto
    5-09-10 Cleveland, 5-10-10 Buffalo
    9-3-11 Pj20, 9-4-11 Pj20, 9-11-11 Toronto, 9-12-11 Toronto, 9-15-11 Hamilton
    7-16-13 London
    10-16-14 Detroit
    5-1-16 MSG, 5-2-16 MSG, 5-10-16 Toronto, 5-11-16 Toronto, 8-5-16 Fenway, 8-7-16 Fenway 
    9-4-18 Fenway 
    9-3-22 Ottawa, 9-6-22 Hamilton, 9-8-22 Toronto