Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Ah, the life of a PJ fan.  I'd rather they just tour the next couple years than try to make another album at this point.  Looks like that won't happen though and we'll get a few shows probably somewhere this year after another year off. 
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,622
    Ah, the life of a PJ fan.  I'd rather they just tour the next couple years than try to make another album at this point.  
    I agree with this, even though I think Gigaton was there best effort since Avocado. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,768
    yosi said:
    Ah, the life of a PJ fan.  I'd rather they just tour the next couple years than try to make another album at this point.  
    I agree with this, even though I think Gigaton was there best effort since Avocado. 
    Touring Gigaton some more would be great, and I'd rather pour my $$$ into tickets vs albums.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,920
    I didn't get to hear enough Gigaton in 2022. Hopefully we get more of it in 2023. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Hard to compare anyone to DMB.  Their touring schedule is insanity.  Good for their fans.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Ah, the life of a PJ fan.  I'd rather they just tour the next couple years than try to make another album at this point.  Looks like that won't happen though and we'll get a few shows probably somewhere this year after another year off. 
    Maybe I’m in the minority, but I don’t think I ever need another PJ album at this point.  Give me as many shows as possible for the next 10 years, though. 
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,919
    JimmyV said:
    I get jealous every year. 5 New England dates and 14 total between New England, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. 

https://www.jambase.com/article/dave-matthews-band-new-album-walk-around-the-moon-tour-dates-single

All in summer. 

Yeah, if that was PJ I could easily hit 4 shows at minimum and probably more (depending on ticket prices of course).  Insanely jealous of the hardcore DMB fans
  • Options
    Maybe I’m in the minority, but I don’t think I ever need another PJ album at this point.  Give me as many shows as possible for the next 10 years, though. 
    Agreed, shows are where the memories are.  I know people around here like Gigaton but it does nothing for me unless it means more touring.  
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Agreed, shows are where the memories are.  I know people around here like Gigaton but it does nothing for me unless it means more touring.  
     Which is exactly what a new record does.  More dates.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    Hard to compare anyone to DMB.  Their touring schedule is insanity.  Good for their fans.

50+ shows shouldn't be mind altering but these days in this forum, it is.

As big a deal as the fifty shows are, other huge comparables:

Almost all shows are in their home country, the good ole USA

For some strange reason, DMB with all those shows, decided to skip many major markets such as Quebec, Ottawa, Fresno and Louisville  
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    They have hundreds of songs, most that are hardly played anymore.  The excuse they need a new record to tour is laughable when they tour little even with a new one. 
  • Options
    Plus they toured a number of years on Lightning Bolt and played shows with 30+ songs every night. Now we're down to 22.
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 144
     Plus, it be nice to hit a couple shows in June and then a couple more in September I also agree they have so many good songs that are never played. I would be happy if they did. 20 songs a night from riot act through gigaton
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    They have hundreds of songs, most that are hardly played anymore.  The excuse they need a new record to tour is laughable when they tour little even with a new one. 

Never said that. But new music means dates. They get excited to go out on the the road and play new songs. They have been slowing down the touring for 10+ years.  No surprises there.  And I think the shorter sets are a direct response to Taylor Hawkins passing.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,074
    I always wonder if it’s just Jeff who doesn’t like touring or if it’s Stone, Mike etc as well. I know it wouldn’t be the same but if it was just one member who wanted a touring break I probably wouldn’t mind them doing what the Killers do and get a temporary touring stand in. I know if wouldn’t be anywhere as good as having the full band, but given everyone isn’t getting any younger, I would take say 4/5ths of the band + more shows, over a 2-3 year touring break.
  • Options
    drfox said:
    I always wonder if it’s just Jeff who doesn’t like touring or if it’s Stone, Mike etc as well. I know it wouldn’t be the same but if it was just one member who wanted a touring break I probably wouldn’t mind them doing what the Killers do and get a temporary touring stand in. I know if wouldn’t be anywhere as good as having the full band, but given everyone isn’t getting any younger, I would take say 4/5ths of the band + more shows, over a 2-3 year touring break.

That is not the way they do it. Quality over quantity. I would not pay a nickel to see the band without its founding members.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    drfox said:

That is not the way they do it. Quality over quantity. I would not pay a nickel to see the band without its founding members.
    Eddie Vedder backed by a Jam band?  Yeah, I wouldn’t spend a ton on that either 

But Pearl Jam minus ONE of Jeff, stone, Matt or Mike?  At this point, sign me up if it means more shows
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,435
    Gigaton will always remind me of March of 2020. Ugh... let's move on with live shows and a new album. Don't need to be reminded of the pandemic anymore. 
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    A new album would be great if it generates a tour, but between another new album and Gigaton, and shorter sets, there would be less and less enjoyment for people who want to hear the pre-Gigaton stuff.

I’d take a new album tour over no tour, but would strongly prefer a tour, or at least a few shows, without a new album to sit through.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    A new album would be great if it generates a tour, but between another new album and Gigaton, and shorter sets, there would be less and less enjoyment for people who want to hear the pre-Gigaton stuff.

I’d take a new album tour over no tour, but would strongly prefer a tour, or at least a few shows, without a new album to sit through.  

I will take any shows, even a festival or ballpark, both of which I happen to love.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,496
    Been a Dave Matthews Band fan since 1994-ish.  Can't wait to see them this summer.  If it's a bucket list thing for you, just go.  Lawn seats are like $50-$60 most places.

If Kelly isn't the tour manager anymore for Pearl Jam, who is then?
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885

For some strange reason, DMB with all those shows, decided to skip many major markets such as Quebec, Ottawa, Fresno and Louisville  
    St. Louis...
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    Man this thread has derailed big time. 
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Man this thread has derailed big time. 
    give us a 2023 rumor then?!
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    drfox said:

But Pearl Jam minus ONE of Jeff, stone, Matt or Mike?  At this point, sign me up if it means more shows
    so if the earthlings were a jam band and toured, you'd mostly skip it?
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    drfox said:

I’d go if it was under $100 and local, but no traveling
  • Options

Nashville's only a couple of hours away.  They skipped over Canada for Mexico this time.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    drfox said:

I already did once and had no issue with it. If they keep charging $225 a ticket, I'll gladly do it again. 
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    drfox said:

I already did once and had no issue with it. If they keep charging $225 a ticket, I'll gladly do it again. 
    Curious, are you a Bruce fan?  What's the ceiling you'd spend to see him if you like his music?
  • Options
    I am but I've never seen him live. And I wouldn't spend $250 to see him either.  At this point, I'd have a hard time spending $250/ticket to see Pearl Jam. I've never spent more than $150 and I think that would be my cap for any band at this point.