Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Scot ConantScot Conant Michigan Posts: 74
    Been 9 years since Detroit.
    13 for Cleveland and Columbus.
    10/16/14 - Detroit * 04/29/16 - TENadelphia * 10/20/16 - Chicago * 10/22/16 - Chicago * 10/18/18 - Chicago * 10/20/18 - Chicago * 09/16/22 - Nashville * 09/17/22 - Louisville * 09/07/23 - Chicago * 09/10/23 - Noblesville (Postponed)
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    edited April 2023
    wsimon74 said:
    Kevinman said:
    COnfused. 

So looks like GA only not an option. Looks like GA and reserved seating one option  and option 2 is just seating. 

Why would anyone select just seating? Those who just dont want to stand? 

My wife is short............GA sucks for her.
    My wife is short, but after doing GA she prefers that now
    Just watch out for the drunkees that show up 10 minutes into the show and think they can muscle their way through to the front barreling through people that showed up two hours early just to secure their spot
    OKC last year.
    Seattle 2018. it was brutal.  I mean c'mon, I'm in my 40's now man, not really interested in a mosh pit. 
    Post edited by wsimon74 on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    Put in for the Ft. Worth Friday show. May add an Austin show at a later date if I can swing it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,552
    I would much rather have assigned seating in the pit, versus a GA situation.  I dont mind a GA pit on some occasions....but being able to have my "spot" and also sit when needed is great.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 936
    question, plan was both my wife and I, separate accounts, would both put in for GA in Dallas night 2. If we both got picked for GA we would sell one F2F. Now with no GA only, should we both enter the lottery hoping for one of us to get GA? Logic is since I have better seniority number than her, and if I miss GA with my pick then no way she would get GA then with a higher number? Just want to avoid getting two sets of reserved as we wouldn't go at all at that point.
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    DEGBTI said:
    Just seems surprising that they would go on tour these days for 9 shows. 

Home/Away was seven shows.
    seven stadium shows. Average 60K people per show. Nine arenas average what, 12K a night. HUGE difference between the two tours. 
    Definitely a difference, but United Center is over 20,000
    Yeah. Xcel is ~15k in the configuration they're showing for this show. 
    they're going to sell the behind the stage seats I'm sure in the ticketmaster sale. But it's not a large arena, right? 
    Have you, or others, been there for concerts before? How is it? 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    Kimmo44Kimmo44 Philadelphia Posts: 1
    Quick question from a newbie. Looking to get 3 tickets to bring my parents to St.Paul Shows. Would it be best to shoot for 2 in 10C lotto and then pick up third in F2F (of course tough to get a seat close to the other two seats), or just hold for F2F and try to grab 3 together? 
  • Options
    Hagrid7575Hagrid7575 Posts: 183
    mace1229 said:
    COnfused. 

So looks like GA only not an option. Looks like GA and reserved seating one option  and option 2 is just seating. 

Why would anyone select just seating? Those who just dont want to stand? 

Its not about not wanting to stand. Its about wanting your own space and not fight the crowd. I've done GA and loved it. But with a good seat it was much more relaxing for me. No one pushing up agains you for 2.5 hours so they can be 6 inches closer to the stage. No one pretending they just took a bathroom break and returning to their spot up front. GA can be kind of a mess sometimes. 
    This makes sense. Thanks ... 
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 622
    DEGBTI said:
    question, plan was both my wife and I, separate accounts, would both put in for GA in Dallas night 2. If we both got picked for GA we would sell one F2F. Now with no GA only, should we both enter the lottery hoping for one of us to get GA? Logic is since I have better seniority number than her, and if I miss GA with my pick then no way she would get GA then with a higher number? Just want to avoid getting two sets of reserved as we wouldn't go at all at that point.
    I don't think seniority has any impact on getting GA only where you sit if you get reserved.
  • Options
    machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • Options
    BP38570BP38570 Posts: 3
    estarr31 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Just seems surprising that they would go on tour these days for 9 shows. 

Home/Away was seven shows.
    seven stadium shows. Average 60K people per show. Nine arenas average what, 12K a night. HUGE difference between the two tours. 
    Definitely a difference, but United Center is over 20,000
    Yeah. Xcel is ~15k in the configuration they're showing for this show. 
    they're going to sell the behind the stage seats I'm sure in the ticketmaster sale. But it's not a large arena, right? 
    Have you, or others, been there for concerts before? How is it? 
    18k seats for hockey, plus the floor, not sure about how many lost behind stage if those arent sold
    Xcel has very good accoustics in arena of this size

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    The worst spots in GA are still better than 80-90% of the arena. Get some drinks before and stroll in leisurely. Lining up hours in advance and potentially defending your turf is for the birds.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    Just to confirm, if I get selected for Chicago tickets through the fan club (no Fan to Fan), I can still sell them and/or transfer to one of you nice people? The 10C tickets are fully transferable? 
  • Options
    As a relatively new member, am I better off just waiting to see what's available on Verified and F2F than trying for a reserved seat? I just don't want to get caught holding the bag for a bad seat if I'm unable to attend. I've attended a handful of PJ shows over the years but new to this process, thanks in advance. 
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 805
    edited April 2023
    I can't help but smile thinking of all the tucked tails over on FB :D

I am surprised turned out to be exactly though what was known in here for weeks.  Odd tour.  I likely will not be travelling, but love, and will follow along with, the excitement!  
    Post edited by LaFleur on
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    The worst spots in GA are still better than 80-90% of the arena. Get some drinks before and stroll in leisurely. Lining up hours in advance and potentially defending your turf is for the birds.
    Maybe it is an LA thing, but we strolled in after a bathroom break and stood 5 feet from Stone. Not sure why I needed to get there 8 hours ahead of time to be closer to the middle. I think the early birds got to hear the sound check and chat, maybe?
  • Options
    bchambers05bchambers05 Omaha, Nebraska Posts: 163
    pjl44 said:
    Only show I can make is st paul. If I dont get tickets through 10c will there be alot available for General public on ticketmaster?
    I would not say a lot but you can roll up your sleeves and try for the verified fan sale
    Thanks, where do you enter for verified fan? Is thst different than the 10c email ticket request? Sorry total noobie here.
    TicketMaster "verified fan" signup (it'll prompt you to pick a first choice show and a backup): https://verifiedfan.ticketmaster.com/pearljam/signup 

FWIW I missed out on Denver tickets in the lottery last year, failed at getting tickets at verified fan on-sale because TicketMaster is garbage, but then had a choice of plentiful seats at essentially face value from Ticketmaster resale (not fan-2-fan). Snagged two in the third row of the 2nd level a few feet forward of the front corner of the stage. Turned out to be one of the best sight lines I've had for a show in years. 
    Awesome, thanks so much for this and all the information! It'll be my first concert in many years and first PJ ever.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    kaw753 said:
    Just to confirm, if I get selected for Chicago tickets through the fan club (no Fan to Fan), I can still sell them and/or transfer to one of you nice people? The 10C tickets are fully transferable? 
    Only on F2F I believe
  • Options
    Can only go to Chicago on 9/7 or Indy (Noblesville)? Seen them in both venues before, so that's not a factor. Really struggling with the choice. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    DEGBTI said:
    2 entries will increase your chances of GA but, yeah, you may wind up with 2 pairs of seats
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 469
    kaw753 said:
    "For fans that cannot use tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange at a later date. ... As a reminder, it is against Ten Club policy for members to sell Ten Club presale tickets above face value and can result in ticket cancellation and loss of membership."
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    As a relatively new member, am I better off just waiting to see what's available on Verified and F2F than trying for a reserved seat? I just don't want to get caught holding the bag for a bad seat if I'm unable to attend. I've attended a handful of PJ shows over the years but new to this process, thanks in advance. 
    Hard to say. Some of the stadium shows had terrible seats. If that's a big priority to you, you might be better waiting. But if you don't want to risk being shut out and your priority is just being in the building, then put in for 10c.
  • Options
    machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Can only go to Chicago on 9/7 or Indy (Noblesville)? Seen them in both venues before, so that's not a factor. Really struggling with the choice. Any thoughts?
    Probably better odds of getting tix to Indy if you choose lawn as backup........I thought I read almost the whole lawn would be reserved for 10C tix.  It's a great place to see a show also.........been to both too.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    logan5ive said:
    kaw753 said:
    "For fans that cannot use tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange at a later date. ... As a reminder, it is against Ten Club policy for members to sell Ten Club presale tickets above face value and can result in ticket cancellation and loss of membership."
    I was asking about this. I can sell them at face value to a club member, I presume?

Tickets on this tour will continue to be non-transferable in all states except Illinois where it is prohibited by law. We apologize in advance to Illinois fans who may be subject to increased ticket prices on the secondary market. 
  • Options
    kaw753 said:
    logan5ive said:
    kaw753 said:
    I was asking about this. I can sell them at face value to a club member, I presume?

Tickets on this tour will continue to be non-transferable in all states except Illinois where it is prohibited by law. We apologize in advance to Illinois fans who may be subject to increased ticket prices on the secondary market. 
    Last time it had to go through Ticketmaster f2f
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,323
    Anyone have any idea if they’re going to post a ticket odds tool this time around? I didn’t see any mention of it in the instructions. 
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    Did everyone see the announcement at the bottom of the announcement? 

To kick off the announcement, a commemorative 2023 U.S. Tour poster is available exclusively to Ten Club members here now through Sunday, April 23 at 5 pm PT.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    kaw753 said:
    logan5ive said:
    kaw753 said:

There is probably an Illinois politician getting kickbacks from one of the secondary market sellers.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 433
    edited April 2023
    For those requesting Chicago,  are you checking off the box with rear/side view or just going with reserved/GA or requesting both