Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited April 2023
    Doug87 said:
    could we get a blues brothers clip for Chicago?  =)=)=)
    That's too easy... he'll make us work a bit for it..lol
    Wilco reference, here we come lol (he didn’t post anything, just saying if we had to work for it a little more lol)
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,629
    Santos, any Perry Como links?
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    edited April 2023
    CO278952 said:
    Any east coast shows?
    Not looking promising.

Mansfield previously mentioned as possible, not looking likely though at this stage given the distance required vs other stops and timing.

Philly skyline in clip which has led to people believing Made in America festival given that they played Philly last year.

East Coast more likely for 2024 imo.
    Post edited by Doug87 on
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    Doug87 said:
    Alright summary of where we think we are shows and dates 

Minnesota - maybe in Duluth (Amsoil arena there has a capacity of 9k and so that could mean two shows IF the location and venue). Maybe Sep 1?

Either 2 in Minnesota or Made in America in Philly with 1 in Minnesota or both if start in very late August (August 28 - 30 ish)

Chicago - United Center (Sep 5 and Sep 7)

Noblesville - Ruoff Amphitheater - Sep 10

Dallas/Forth Worth - Dickies Arena

Austin - Moody Center

Las Vegas (possible reference to Vegas stadium in PJ clip and post by Mr T Shirt with dice).

Sacramento?  (I’ve been everywhere possible clue with Winnemucca road reference, possible that Fresno reference (tower) in PJ clip referenced a show north of LA in California).

Ohana Festival (last weekend in September, possible that San Diego reference in PJ clip referenced Ohana)

also mentioned as possible: Boston (Mansfield) and Detroit

Tour almost all, if not entirely all, in September.

Assuming that no Detroit or Boston: 

With that timing, there would be enough time for 2 in Dallas and 2 in Austin if they want to leading up to Ohana (even if 3 days between moving cities and 1 day between shows if 2 nights in 1 city).
    Wasn’t there a hold in Pittsburgh?  No way I’m going back to find that info in this thread, but I’m pretty sure that was mentioned.  That could be somewhere between Indy and Philly. 
  • Options
    Using Minneapolis to say no.... cool
    Oh, haha, I missed that connection. Well done, @Santos L. Halper
    Damn, talk about points for style!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Minnesota - maybe in Duluth (Amsoil arena there has a capacity of 9k and so that could mean two shows IF the location and venue). Maybe Sep 1?

Either 2 in Minnesota or Made in America in Philly with 1 in Minnesota or both if start in very late August (August 28 - 30 ish)

Austin - Moody Center

Las Vegas (possible reference to Vegas stadium in PJ clip and post by Mr T Shirt with dice).

Sacramento?  (I’ve been everywhere possible clue with Winnemucca road reference, possible that Fresno reference (tower) in PJ clip referenced a show north of LA in California).

Ohana Festival (last weekend in September, possible that San Diego reference in PJ clip referenced Ohana)

With that timing, there would be enough time for 2 in Dallas and 2 in Austin if they want to leading up to Ohana (even if 3 days between moving cities and 1 day between shows if 2 nights in 1 city).
    Wasn’t there a hold in Pittsburgh?  No way I’m going back to find that info in this thread, but I’m pretty sure that was mentioned.  That could be somewhere between Indy and Philly. 
    There was a bunch of dialogue on PPG but I don’t remember anything about a hold (certainly could have missed it though).

I do remember seeing picture and date from 2013 with 2013 pricing several times. Can’t remember context of the picture.

Certainly possible that they could do Detroit and/or Pittsburgh post Noblesville if they only do 1 show each in Dallas and/or Austin.

but the previous mention of multiple cities getting two nights makes me wonder about Texas getting multiple nights.

right now, we only know “for sure” of one city getting two with that being Chicago.

Post edited by Doug87 on
  • Options
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

I used search (page 123), you are correct about the hold

There's apparently a single night hold for PJ at PPG Arena in Pittsburgh. Date unknown.
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 380
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

Any chance noblesville could be on the 9th. Saturday night. Is that a festival that weekend ore just a pj show.
  • Options
    Smashing pumpkins are playing Ruoff on sept 9.
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

Any chance noblesville could be on the 9th. Saturday night. Is that a festival that weekend ore just a pj show.
    Venue is taken on the 9th by Smashing Pumpkins 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Smashing pumpkins are playing Ruoff on sept 9.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    1 week since our first teaser. Hopefully we get another one today. 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

There was a bunch of dialogue on PPG but I don’t remember anything about a hold (certainly could have missed it though).

I do remember seeing picture and date from 2013 with 2013 pricing several times. Can’t remember context of the picture.

Certainly possible that they could do Detroit and/or Pittsburgh post Noblesville if they only do 1 show each in Dallas and/or Austin.

but the previous mention of multiple cities getting two nights makes me wonder about Texas getting multiple nights.

right now, we only know “for sure” of one city getting two with that being Chicago.

Are those chicago dates likely to be very popular. Is there a good chance of tickets both nights
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

Are those chicago dates likely to be very popular. Is there a good chance of tickets both nights
    I am hoping to make at least one of them, hopefully both. One thing about the tickets though, since Illinois doesn’t allow non transferable tickets, there won’t be a F2F option for the shows. Many will be bought up and thrown back on TM or Stub Hub right away for high prices. It may require waiting out the scalpers until a few days before the show to have prices drop down. Or buying them from people on here who for some reason can’t make it to the show.
  • Options
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

I am hoping to make at least one of them, hopefully both. One thing about the tickets though, since Illinois doesn’t allow non transferable tickets, there won’t be a F2F option for the shows. Many will be bought up and thrown back on TM or Stub Hub right away for high prices. It may require waiting out the scalpers until a few days before the show to have prices drop down. Or buying them from people on here who for some reason can’t make it to the show.
    I'm more thinking of the 10c lottery. If you put these 2 shows as your priority.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

I'm more thinking of the 10c lottery. If you put these 2 shows as your priority.
    Either show as a second priority will likely be tough. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

Yeah I thought that aswell. Need to wait for the announcement now. I want at least 2 shows to justify the travel.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    JimmyV said:
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

If the tour is as short as rumored, all shows are going to be tough.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

If the tour is as short as rumored, all shows are going to be tough.  
    For sure.

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

Any thoughts on either show as 1st or only priority?
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    Kwieneke said:
    1 week since our first teaser. Hopefully we get another one today. 
    Santos was doing some pretty good teasers yesterday. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,513
    I feel like concert tickets are a lot easier to get after the pandemic, even for PJ, MSG excluded.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Doug87 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:

Austin - Moody Center

Any thoughts on either show as 1st or only priority?
    If there really are no other shows than what has been rumored then all these tickets could be tough. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 189
    Detroit station has an announcement for RIFF-fest on Monday at noon. I doubt it's Pearl Jam - but great timing to make people wonder.
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 165
    I feel like concert tickets are a lot easier to get after the pandemic, even for PJ, MSG excluded.
    Yes and no. If you have an unlimited budget, sure. And in ‘21 it was because everyone was still hesitant. At this point it’s getting worse again for the most part. Taylor Swift was a colossal mess (luckily i wasn’t personally trying for those), but then i was pleasantly surprised at my Metallica ticket purchasing experience just a week later. I imagine the demand will be quite high for this tour, from both fans and scalpers, so initial tickets will go fast i’m sure. But if no one buys the tickets from scalpers, prices should come down in the days leading up to the shows. Problem with that is you have to wait until very close to the show to assure you’re gonna get tickets. And the price drops don’t always happen. I got very lucky with Springsteen last week, tickets for the Detroit show did not get very cheap at all. I got 4th row directly behind the stage for $85 at 2:30pm day of the show, but that was the only good deal i saw in the days leading up and even after i bought the tickets up until showtime. There were still upper level behind the stage listed for $90 and higher 30 minutes before the show.
  • Options
    jlindgren2jlindgren2 Reno Posts: 82
    Do scalpers have much motivation to try to snag PJ tickets though, assuming they won’t be able to sell them above original sale price?
  • Options
    nespernesper Posts: 7
    blairs1 said:
    Detroit station has an announcement for RIFF-fest on Monday at noon. I doubt it's Pearl Jam - but great timing to make people wonder.
    They wont be coming to detroit its going to be the cities from the playlist and ohana. I don't think they do a Monday night show at LCA or backtrack
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,513
    Detroit would be great for me if they did it.  Happy to join the mental energy wishing it into existence!

I was just there for Springsteen and I even know where to park ha ha! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Fan2Fan made PJ tickets seem easier to get because so many shows could only be resold in one place and for face. 

• Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 165
    Do scalpers have much motivation to try to snag PJ tickets though, assuming they won’t be able to sell them above original sale price?
    I’m sure they’ll try, it’s a high demand band. But if everyone stays strong and waits, we can beat them!