Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,513
    JD87070 said:
    I feel like concert tickets are a lot easier to get after the pandemic, even for PJ, MSG excluded.
    Yes and no. If you have an unlimited budget, sure. And in ‘21 it was because everyone was still hesitant. At this point it’s getting worse again for the most part. Taylor Swift was a colossal mess (luckily i wasn’t personally trying for those), but then i was pleasantly surprised at my Metallica ticket purchasing experience just a week later. I imagine the demand will be quite high for this tour, from both fans and scalpers, so initial tickets will go fast i’m sure. But if no one buys the tickets from scalpers, prices should come down in the days leading up to the shows. Problem with that is you have to wait until very close to the show to assure you’re gonna get tickets. And the price drops don’t always happen. I got very lucky with Springsteen last week, tickets for the Detroit show did not get very cheap at all. I got 4th row directly behind the stage for $85 at 2:30pm day of the show, but that was the only good deal i saw in the days leading up and even after i bought the tickets up until showtime. There were still upper level behind the stage listed for $90 and higher 30 minutes before the show.
    I get that it varies.  But for PJ last year anywhere but NYC and Camden, you could get very good face value tickets fairly easily at any time.  

Our band here is very popular with all of us who have good taste, but the masses are more into Taylor Swift, and more power to them.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 189
    nesper said:
    blairs1 said:
    Detroit station has an announcement for RIFF-fest on Monday at noon. I doubt it's Pearl Jam - but great timing to make people wonder.
    They wont be coming to detroit its going to be the cities from the playlist and ohana. I don't think they do a Monday night show at LCA or backtrack
    I also had my doubts about Detroit - just posted here as I know a few people mentioned it a few pages back. Either way, I'd hope it is somewhere closer - not sure if my schedule can handle much travelling this year.
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 870
    edited April 2023
    JD87070 said:
    I feel like concert tickets are a lot easier to get after the pandemic, even for PJ, MSG excluded.
    Yes and no. If you have an unlimited budget, sure. And in ‘21 it was because everyone was still hesitant. At this point it’s getting worse again for the most part. Taylor Swift was a colossal mess (luckily i wasn’t personally trying for those), but then i was pleasantly surprised at my Metallica ticket purchasing experience just a week later. I imagine the demand will be quite high for this tour, from both fans and scalpers, so initial tickets will go fast i’m sure. But if no one buys the tickets from scalpers, prices should come down in the days leading up to the shows. Problem with that is you have to wait until very close to the show to assure you’re gonna get tickets. And the price drops don’t always happen. I got very lucky with Springsteen last week, tickets for the Detroit show did not get very cheap at all. I got 4th row directly behind the stage for $85 at 2:30pm day of the show, but that was the only good deal i saw in the days leading up and even after i bought the tickets up until showtime. There were still upper level behind the stage listed for $90 and higher 30 minutes before the show.
    I get that it varies.  But for PJ last year anywhere but NYC and Camden, you could get very good face value tickets fairly easily at any time.  

Our band here is very popular with all of us who have good taste, but the masses are more into Taylor Swift, and more power to them.  
    I think if they are actually playing the rumored cities, you’ll be surprised how well they sell.  I predict a lot more sellouts. Chicago is a given, probably same people do Indy, and it’s on a weekend.  Dallas always sells well and those people will also do Austin, which will also be a destination show.  Last year, they played some very random cities in California, some small cities in Canada, OKC on a Tues, and other lesser known areas.  
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 165
    blairs1 said:
    nesper said:
    blairs1 said:
    Detroit station has an announcement for RIFF-fest on Monday at noon. I doubt it's Pearl Jam - but great timing to make people wonder.
    They wont be coming to detroit its going to be the cities from the playlist and ohana. I don't think they do a Monday night show at LCA or backtrack
    I also had my doubts about Detroit - just posted here as I know a few people mentioned it a few pages back. Either way, I'd hope it is somewhere closer - not sure if my schedule can handle much travelling this year.
    Same here, I’m hopeful but not expecting a Detroit show. Definitely not WRIF Fest-that’s usually two nights with different headliners (past years has been Disturbed, Megadeth, Rob Zombie, Shinedown and those kinds of bands) at Pine Knob, don’t see PJ fitting into that. Planning to try for Indy most likely. 
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 189
    vedpunk said:
    JD87070 said:

I think if they are actually playing the rumored cities, you’ll be surprised how well they sell.  I predict a lot more sellouts. Chicago is a given, probably same people do Indy, and it’s on a weekend.  Dallas always sells well and those people will also do Austin, which will also be a destination show.  Last year, they played some very random cities in California, some small cities in Canada, OKC on a Tues, and other lesser known areas.  
    what were the rumoured dates (or estimation) for Dallas?
  • Options
    blairs1 said:
    vedpunk said:
    JD87070 said:

what were the rumoured dates (or estimation) for Dallas?
    Not sure….it really depends on if the Austin dates are ACL or not. 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    edited April 2023
    Do scalpers have much motivation to try to snag PJ tickets though, assuming they won’t be able to sell them above original sale price?

Scalpers are gonna be fuct this tour.

Digital tickets only with no transfer ability? They had this, but...they're also paying attention to what The Cure did. Only a fool would say otherwise.

The scalpers next/newest game of selling TM passwords is about to be steamrolled.

Taylor Swift really needs to sit down with Eddie.

Good luck with those Chicago tickets, everyone. It seems like New England and New York are 100% out, right? Chicago's two airports and Midwest location plus accessibility to/from Canada? I fear it could be an absolute shitshow. Thank gawd for the lotto system. We should all be very happy the days of 2010 and PJ20 are yesterday's news. Put those requests in and remember that the early bird doesn't get any bonus. We'll all get a few days to request tickets. Days being key.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,512
    Pearl Jam Country Playlist:

25 Minutes to Go (live)
    Driftin' (either version)
    Thin Air
    I Believe In Miracles (live)
    Just Breathe
    Off He Goes
    Comes Then Goes
    Low Light
    Dead Man
    Fortunate Son (live)
    No Way
    The End
    Around The Bend
    Life Wasted (Reprise)
    Future Days
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 382
    Do scalpers have much motivation to try to snag PJ tickets though, assuming they won’t be able to sell them above original sale price?

Digital tickets only with no transfer ability? They had this, but...they're also paying attention to what The Cure did. Only a fool would say otherwise.

The scalpers next/newest game of selling TM passwords is about to be steamrolled.

Good luck with those Chicago tickets, everyone. It seems like New England and New York are 100% out, right? Chicago's two airports and Midwest location plus accessibility to/from Canada? I fear it could be an absolute shitshow. Thank gawd for the lotto system. We should all be very happy the days of 2010 and PJ20 are yesterday's news. Put those requests in and remember that the early bird doesn't get any bonus. We'll all get a few days to request tickets. Days being key.
    Is noblesville likely to be as popular as Chicago?
  • Options
    Porch could probably be re-imagined as a kind of barn stomping closer.
  • Options

If the rumored dates are true, Chicago is Tuesday/Thursday and Indy is Saturday, so yes, i’m sure in that scenario a lot of people will try for all three.
  • Options
    JD87070 said:

If the rumored dates are true, Chicago is Tuesday/Thursday and Indy is Saturday, so yes, i’m sure in that scenario a lot of people will try for all three.
    Me included. Not sure what my priority would be though.
  • Options
    I believe those rumored dates for chicago & Indy are tues. Thurs. & Sun.
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    JD87070 said:

I’ve been surprised before but I still predict what I predict. Let there be an announcement and the theories can be tested!

Does anyone know if Texas has the same law as Illinois and NY where they are not allowed to prevent open resale? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    edited April 2023

I'm reminded of the 2010 tour. It was super easy for me to get tickets for Columbus. I had heard stuff about needing to be on early, logged in, etc etc. I got the confirmation email only a few minutes after the on-sale date.

I didn't know what the big deal was...and then New York happened.

(Keep in mind it was my second show and my first was via the 2003 postcard system.)

It was a Thursday in Columbus, Friday in Noblesville and Sunday in Cleveland. That run of shows might have been a bit trickier had NY not happened.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Yes, you’re right, Smashing Pumpkins is in Indy Saturday. So that gap and being a Sunday night might help Indy be not as in demand, but probably not much.
  • Options
    JD87070 said:
    Yes, you’re right, Smashing Pumpkins is in Indy Saturday. So that gap and being a Sunday night might help Indy be not as in demand, but probably not much.
    Smashing Pumpkins were at SHN the night after PJ in 2021 and the best part of their show (no disrespect intended) was Billy Idol who appeared just before them.  

• Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    JD87070 said:
    One thing to consider is that Noblesville pavilion only seats 7K. Lawn there is fine but if looking for pavilion, not sure odds are much better than Reserved for United Center.
  • Options

I think Chicago being week nights could help so we’ll see on that front.

Not sure as could see Dallas and Austin being popular too.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    edited April 2023
    Noblesville is likely to be the closest non-festival show to many in the northeast. I think it will be a tough ticket. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    JimmyV said:
    Noblesville is likely to be the closest non-festival show to many in the northeast. I think it will be a tough ticket. 
    It's going to sell out quick. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,408
    JimmyV said:
    I don't know. We were just talking about what it would take to get us to go to Indiana to see PJ. I love the band, but I don't think anything short of backstage passes could get me to go back to Indiana. The drive from Chicago to Indy is pretty bleak.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Doug87 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Doug87 said:
    Alright summary of where we think we are shows and dates 

Minnesota - maybe in Duluth (Amsoil arena there has a capacity of 9k and so that could mean two shows IF the location and venue). Maybe Sep 1?

Either 2 in Minnesota or Made in America in Philly with 1 in Minnesota or both if start in very late August (August 28 - 30 ish)

Chicago - United Center (Sep 5 and Sep 7)

Noblesville - Ruoff Amphitheater - Sep 10

Dallas/Forth Worth - Dickies Arena

Austin - Moody Center

Las Vegas (possible reference to Vegas stadium in PJ clip and post by Mr T Shirt with dice).

Sacramento?  (I’ve been everywhere possible clue with Winnemucca road reference, possible that Fresno reference (tower) in PJ clip referenced a show north of LA in California).

Ohana Festival (last weekend in September, possible that San Diego reference in PJ clip referenced Ohana)

also mentioned as possible: Boston (Mansfield) and Detroit

Tour almost all, if not entirely all, in September.

Assuming that no Detroit or Boston: 

With that timing, there would be enough time for 2 in Dallas and 2 in Austin if they want to leading up to Ohana (even if 3 days between moving cities and 1 day between shows if 2 nights in 1 city).
    Wasn’t there a hold in Pittsburgh?  No way I’m going back to find that info in this thread, but I’m pretty sure that was mentioned.  That could be somewhere between Indy and Philly. 
    There was a bunch of dialogue on PPG but I don’t remember anything about a hold (certainly could have missed it though).

I do remember seeing picture and date from 2013 with 2013 pricing several times. Can’t remember context of the picture.

Certainly possible that they could do Detroit and/or Pittsburgh post Noblesville if they only do 1 show each in Dallas and/or Austin.

but the previous mention of multiple cities getting two nights makes me wonder about Texas getting multiple nights.

right now, we only know “for sure” of one city getting two with that being Chicago.

Are those chicago dates likely to be very popular. Is there a good chance of tickets both nights
    I am hoping to make at least one of them, hopefully both. One thing about the tickets though, since Illinois doesn’t allow non transferable tickets, there won’t be a F2F option for the shows. Many will be bought up and thrown back on TM or Stub Hub right away for high prices. It may require waiting out the scalpers until a few days before the show to have prices drop down. Or buying them from people on here who for some reason can’t make it to the show.
    I'm more thinking of the 10c lottery. If you put these 2 shows as your priority.
    Usually, 10c will only allow you to win one night of a two night run in a city. So, I'd pick the night you want most and put it in 1st priority.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,155
    JimmyV said:
    I don't know. We were just talking about what it would take to get us to go to Indiana to see PJ. I love the band, but I don't think anything short of backstage passes could get me to go back to Indiana. The drive from Chicago to Indy is pretty bleak.
    imagine being a canadian band in a van in winter. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited April 2023
    JimmyV said:
    The venue is stellar but if you’re not from or living in Illinois, Kentucky, Missouri, Indiana, Michigan, or Ohio, I’d have to agree, a lot of squeeze for the juice as the expression goes.

The drive on I-65 is pretty bleak and that’s coming from someone who grew up in Northwest Indiana.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Jeez, I wish I could complain about a bleak 3 hr drive from Chicago to Noblesville to see the best live band on earth. 😝 

The drive from Austin to Dallas is over 3 hrs and not any better.
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,310
    I would think the first Chicago show would be harder cuz it's right after Labor Day Monday.
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    Jeez, I wish I could complain about a bleak 3 hr drive from Chicago to Noblesville to see the best live band on earth. 😝 

The drive from Austin to Dallas is over 3 hrs and not any better.
    I thought this. I've already looked into it. Would be my first American road trip.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    Now I'm debating St Paul vs Chicago.... just hoping 2 shows in MN
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    One show at msg and possibly two shows in st. paul.  Got to love pj's touring manager lol.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......