Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 404
    does anyone think there’s a chance for Australian dates this year?
    Apparently not.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 495
    Sure why not 

Right now the possibilities are endless
  • Options
    surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 347
    My guess is Ohana for sure.  They are late in getting the lineup out, at least compared to other festivals happening around the same time.
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 870
    surforia said:
    My guess is Ohana for sure.  They are late in getting the lineup out, at least compared to other festivals happening around the same time.
    This Forum will burn to the ground if they only announce Ohana tomorrow. LOL
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 657
    They’ve already done Ohana. Don’t know why they would do it again so soon. Has there ever been any repeated headliners so far? (Obviously apart from Ed).
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,760
    Choska said:
    Here's quick hypothetical for everyone while we await the hopefully big news...

If PJ set up a residency in your hometown for a summer, 10 miles from where you live... lets say 8 weeks @ 4 shows a week, how many of the 32 shows would you go to?

To answer your question, as many as I could get away with and remain married. 
    That’s my answer as well. Probably max out 3, given the current prices, but even that would be thrilling. If money was no object, probably 10+. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    matt84 said:
    They’ve already done Ohana. Don’t know why they would do it again so soon. Has there ever been any repeated headliners so far? (Obviously apart from Ed).
    I think because of the relationship it's on the table every year until we see the lineup
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    Everyone thinks tomorrow.

Mike's birthday is Wednesday.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    does anyone think there’s a chance for Australian dates this year?

August/September USA.

Is Big Day Out still a thing down under? That'd be February, which is obviously your summer.

I'd say that sounds fun to discuss.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    matt84 said:
    Because seeing PJ and Ed at Ohana is the greatest..they love it, we love it...a real locals festival
  • Options
    flanosmasseurflanosmasseur Posts: 217
    edited April 2023
    I'm hoping someone can refresh my memory. I remember submitting for Nashville & St Louis back in 2020, through 10C, and Ticketstoday gave you a percentage of your chances depending on your request (Pit/Reserved and you could request both). I ended up with reserved for Nashville and was all set. I never paid attention to the whole F2F thing.
    However, this time around (if it comes to fruition and they still use the same system), am I ineligible to purchase F2F tickets if I'm already confirmed for seats through 10C/Ticketstoday? I saw a lot of posts during the 2022 tour reschedule about ticket "upgrades" via F2F but never asked if those individuals had done so w/confirmed 10C tickets already in hand. Maybe those posts only had to do w/Denver and MSG but can't remember.
    I hope my question makes sense. Thanks in advance!
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,869
    Hopefully MN isn't the first stop. 
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    amylee1705amylee1705 Australia Posts: 2
    edited April 2023
    Is Big Day Out still a thing down under? That'd be February, which is obviously your summer.
    No Big Day Out since 2014. 

I’d be hoping for a proper tour over festivals though, but I’ll take whatever I can get😉 Ed said we may be the first after COVID, so hopefully they haven’t forgotten about us completely. 
    Post edited by amylee1705 on
  • Options
    I am so unbelievably excited!!!  I love the April fools tease... think its hilarious and so exciting to give us a bit of time to ponder the what/ifs

Just yesterday, i was telling my 10 year old son that i was going to take him to his first show the next time they went out on tour.... and here we are.. hopefully getting an announcement tomorrow.  He has become a huge music fan, listening to my vinyls/tapes in his room and he is pumped to go!  Thank you PJ and 10c!!!!
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,047
    I don’t think Ed/Ohana are going to go back to the PJ well after only two years.  The draw in 2021 was it was first shows back (w/SHN).  Shorter set, expensive place to travel to, isn’t going to move a ton of tickets like it did in 2021 when there are full PJ show options within the same time frame.

I think EV, Foo Fighters and Kings of Leon, or something like that is what Ohana will look like.  And the PJ tour will run for about three weeks, ending a week before Ohana, identical to last year.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Not sure about OG Ohana, but Encore died last year due to no PJ and a poor lineup. PJ going back this year to boost sales isn't the craziest idea. Either way, we know Ed will be there and any PJ tour schedule will revolve around that. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,295
    edited April 2023
    I'm hoping someone can refresh my memory. I remember submitting for Nashville & St Louis back in 2020, through 10C, and Ticketstoday gave you a percentage of your chances depending on your request (Pit/Reserved and you could request both). I ended up with reserved for Nashville and was all set. I never paid attention to the whole F2F thing.
    However, this time around (if it comes to fruition and they still use the same system), am I ineligible to purchase F2F tickets if I'm already confirmed for seats through 10C/Ticketstoday? I saw a lot of posts during the 2022 tour reschedule about ticket "upgrades" via F2F but never asked if those individuals had done so w/confirmed 10C tickets already in hand. Maybe those posts only had to do w/Denver and MSG but can't remember.
    No, it doesn't preclude you from using F2F. However, you can only have 4 total tickets in your account for any given show. So, if you already got 4 thru the 10C lottery, you'd have to sell some of those on F2F before you could attempt to purchase any more.

However, the rules could be completely different this year. I guess we'll see.
    Post edited by aisleseats on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    Not sure if it has been mentioned but if you go to stubhub and search Pearl Jam it brings you to ACL tickets.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I am so unbelievably excited!!!  I love the April fools tease... think its hilarious and so exciting to give us a bit of time to ponder the what/ifs

Just yesterday, i was telling my 10 year old son that i was going to take him to his first show the next time they went out on tour.... and here we are.. hopefully getting an announcement tomorrow.  He has become a huge music fan, listening to my vinyls/tapes in his room and he is pumped to go!  Thank you PJ and 10c!!!!

Argh! Pet peeve!

The material that records are made out of is vinyl. There are no "vinyls." It'd be akin to referring to CDs as plastics.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Not sure if it has been mentioned but if you go to stubhub and search Pearl Jam it brings you to ACL tickets.  

I think this has been reported before and it's not much.
  • Options
    kirb0110kirb0110 Posts: 38
    mcgruff10 said:
    It has. Also in that video from Saturday there is the acl flag at the very end of it. Interesting at the very least 
  • Options
    No, it doesn't preclude you from using F2F. However, you can only have 4 total tickets in your account for any given show. So, if you already got 4 thru the 10C lottery, you'd have to sell some of those on F2F before you could attempt to purchase any more.

However, the rules could be completely different this year. I guess we'll see.

Thanks so much! I only had a pair so I guess I could've went for an upgrade if I'd wanted (wasn't aware of the 4 ticket max). But you're right...we'll see what transpires. Much appreciated.
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,937
    mcgruff10 said:
    And in other breaking news, @mcgruff10 loathes the fan favorite 'You Are'.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    mcgruff10 said:
    And in other breaking news, @mcgruff10 loathes the fan favorite 'You Are'.
    And he’s requesting DOTC as the opener for every show. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    I hope “big things” means a tour and a new album!
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598

My birthday is tomorrow, an announcement would be a great present. Make it happen PJ!!
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671

My birthday is tomorrow, an announcement would be a great present. Make it happen PJ!!
    Santos’ post leads me to believe tomorrow’s the day. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,806
    Man, you'd think the AI robots would be able to give us some help... 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598

🎂🎉
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671

🎂🎉
    & happy birthday!