Thoughts on setlist

2»

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Another amazing set imo. Shorter more focused sets it seems is here to stay and the variety so far has been great in the first 3 nights of the tour
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,520
    We've started to get used to non-album tours.. lol.

It looks like what I'd expect from an album tour.  PJ's never been afraid to bust out their new songs when they've got some to play.   I guess the difference between this and the lightening bolt tour, is those sets were 3 hours+ long, so lots of other time to be able to play other stuff.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I'm excited to hear the Gigaton songs and glad they are being featured, but I won't be upset if River Cross gets scratched like it did last night. 
    I’m hoping River Cross and Buckle up don’t show up at my shows, especially now With such a limited amount of set list spots. 32-35 songs , fine. But low 20s? Please do not play those haha. They both have to be crowd / momentum killers anyway. 
    "River Cross" was pretty powerful in San Diego.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • jacquelyncajacquelynca Posts: 372
    LA last night looked ❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥. Wish I was there! 4 more days til i see them in Oakland!!!
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 247
    edited May 2022
    So after three shows, 46 different originals over three nights...10 of 12 from the new (or should I say "new" ; ) album, nine of 11 from Ten, five or six from the 93, 94 and 98 albums, just one or two from the 96, 00, 09 and 13 albums, and zero from the 02 and 06 albums. A couple b-sides and a few lost dogs.

Only songs played all three nights: EF, Alive, Porch, Small Town and Quick Escape. Odd to see them go from nine Gigaton songs the first night (which seems like a bit too many) to three last night (which seems like too few), hopefully they'll settle in to doing around six, which seems like the right amount for true fans but obviously they're momentum killers so you don't want to do too many. Surprisingly no Go, Animal, RVM yet, I'm sure they'll be in there soon.

I'll be seeing both Oakland shows, can't wait, taking my son to his first PJ show Thursday so I'm actually hoping for Ledbetter which is usually such a buzzkill ; ) Would also love to see Rats, Bugs, Smile, Get Right (no chance ; ) or The End for the first time, as unlikely as that might be.
    Post edited by WMAmorican on
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Sadly I likely won’t get Of The Earth this year.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    Odd to see them go from nine Gigaton songs the first night (which seems like a bit too many) to three last night (which seems like too few), 
    It was eight Gigaton songs in San Diego, six the first night in L.A., and three the second night.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • fl247556fl247556 Posts: 287
    "Get it back" for this tour?
    freddie vedder
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    100 Pacer said:
    Sadly I likely won’t get Of The Earth this year.
    I really don’t see that showing up, ever.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Posts: 810
    I could do with a lower percentage, even as someone who loved the album, but considering this tour is their first full run since its recording it doesn't faze me that we're getting this much of it.

Also, the live highs of Gigaton are pretty damn high. Freakin' Quick Escape. Who Ever Said continues to impress. I was a Buckle Up hater until a later listen and I've been a diehard ever since. Take the Long Way was super tight last night...

Let's let them enjoy what they've created. It can only do positives towards motivating them to make more!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    Contributor & Patron - liveon4legs.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10 | 2024: Vegas 5/16-&-18, Indy? Wrigley 2?

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,282
    PJWGIII said:
    I could do with a lower percentage, even as someone who loved the album, but considering this tour is their first full run since its recording it doesn't faze me that we're getting this much of it.

Also, the live highs of Gigaton are pretty damn high. Freakin' Quick Escape. Who Ever Said continues to impress. I was a Buckle Up hater until a later listen and I've been a diehard ever since. Take the Long Way was super tight last night...

Let's let them enjoy what they've created. It can only do positives towards motivating them to make more!
    Quick Escape jams hard!  The Mike solo jam at the end especially, in person that groove locked in with Jeff and Matt with Mike shredding on top of it sounded reminiscient of like, the Alive outros from the 90s in terms of heaviness and groove!