Merch?

Comments

• DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    JojoRice said:
    I'll take 2 pairs of oven mitts, 3 Boom Pez dispensers, and 1 stickman spatula. 
    I would actually go for a stickman spatula!   Would totally be something my kids would get me as a Father's Day gift, LOL....
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    JojoRice said:
    2 spatulas for me please, plus the limited edition cutting board. Variant if they are still available by the time I get to the front of the line.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,985
    ^^Use it to flip the posters
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,456
    A nice set of pots and pans would be cool
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2022
    D-Rod said:
    CopperTom said:
    thumbs down to cashless
    Slows things down for sure.
    Yea maybe if it was 1980 and we were still capturing cc imprints on carbon copy receipts. 😂

With tap to pay & 5G networks, it’ll be a breeaze. Worked well for me at Ohana & EV solo show in LA. 
    Cashless will speed things up.  People trying on 5 different shirts because they don’t know their size will slow things down. 
    you put 500 people in 2 lines, 1 cash and 1 card, i would bet my life the cash line is completed first.  
    Not if it’s done right. 

Go to any subway that accepts contactless at the turnstile. That’s how a line that is cashless should work

tokens or cash are way slower.

Get the total and tap, you are eliminating counting money and making change. It should be faster 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • D-Rod said:
    CopperTom said:
    thumbs down to cashless
    Yea maybe if it was 1980 and we were still capturing cc imprints on carbon copy receipts. 😂

With tap to pay & 5G networks, it’ll be a breeaze. Worked well for me at Ohana & EV solo show in LA. 
    Cashless will speed things up.  People trying on 5 different shirts because they don’t know their size will slow things down. 
    you put 500 people in 2 lines, 1 cash and 1 card, i would bet my life the cash line is completed first.  
    Not if it’s done right. 

Go to any subway that accepts contactless at the turnstile. That’s how a line that is cashless should work

tokens or cash are way slower  
    the operative word.
    D-Rod said:
    CopperTom said:
    thumbs down to cashless

Not if it’s done right. 

tokens or cash are way slower  
    the operative word.
    I agree.  I’ll never understand why they can’t get it together.  Last time I was in a merch line they had 2 credit card machines and about 20 people waiting to use it 
    Using Apple Pay at Ohana and the EV show was pretty simple. Click twice on the phone, put your code in and hover over the reader. 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    D-Rod said:
    CopperTom said:
    thumbs down to cashless

Not if the cashless line is Apple Pay. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    edited April 2022
    D-Rod said:
    D-Rod said:
    CopperTom said:
    thumbs down to cashless

Not if the cashless line is Apple Pay. 

Not everyone has Apple Pay. Some are paying with old-fashioned swipe/chip cards.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    How does Apple Pay work for merch - hold your phone over the square pay thing? 
    edited April 2022
    SHZA said:
    How does Apple Pay work for merch - hold your phone over the square pay thing? 
    Exactly, it is really simple and easy. You get an email or text receipt right away. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    D-Rod said:
    CopperTom said:
    thumbs down to cashless

LOL, so true! When did this start becoming a thing?? I can’t believe how many people were trying things on at the Ohana & EV merch counters. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688
    D-Rod said:
    CopperTom said:
    thumbs down to cashless

LOL, so true! When did this start becoming a thing?? I can’t believe how many people were trying things on at the Ohana & EV merch counters. 
    Unfortunately, you can't rely on the sizing - especially if you are woman. If I went by my size I would just ask for a medium. However, too many times a medium ends up being way too small. At the SHN show an extra-large women's did not even fit right. I ended up getting a men's small. If the t-shirts were actually sized correctly we wouldn't have to try them on.

• mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    JojoRice said:
    I would actually go for a stickman spatula!   Would totally be something my kids would get me as a Father's Day gift, LOL....
    If it's actually shaped like a stickman and doesn't just have a picture on it, I'd definitely get one.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    have a wearables line and a non-wearables line.  people trying shit on and deciding on size takes fooooorrrrrrrrever.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    mattcoz said:
    JojoRice said:
    If it's actually shaped like a stickman and doesn't just have a picture on it, I'd definitely get one.
    Yeah, that's the way i visualized it in my head,  :D, with Yield sign tongs!
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    ComeToTX said:
    have a wearables line and a non-wearables line.  people trying shit on and deciding on size takes fooooorrrrrrrrever.
    I like this idea.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,229
    edited April 2022
    thumbs down to cashless

Big time! 
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    It’s 2022…what is the issue with using a credit card?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,985
    Paper trail?
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    ComeToTX said:
    I like this idea.
    Make it even simpler by having a poster only line. Or better yet, save the club members the hassle by allowing us to purchase a poster for the shows we’ve secured 10c tickets for. They did this 2009 and not sure why they stopped doing it. 
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    ComeToTX said:
    I like this idea.
    Make it even simpler by having a poster only line. Or better yet, save the club members the hassle by allowing us to purchase a poster for the shows we’ve secured 10c tickets for. They did this 2009 and not sure why they stopped doing it. 
    It's pretty clear why, because if you wait hours in line for a poster you're much more likely to buy a shirt and some stickers to make it feel worth it.

• 100 Pacer said:
    It’s 2022…what is the issue with using a credit card?
    Cash is King Pace
  • jenjen5769jenjen5769 Posts: 108
    ComeToTX said:
    I like this idea.
    This is a brilliant idea

I also think merch should only be available inside the venue for ticketholders only
    edited April 2022
    Loujoe said:
    Paper trail?
    The amount of merch people buy for an entire tour, a cash withdrawal from a bank absolutely leaves a paper trail.  Unless you do it multiple times in small increments 

plus people dealing in cash at a concert are also probably dealing in cash for most other things too so it’s leaving a trail   

Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    Loujoe said:
    Paper trail?
    The amount of merch people buy for an entire tour, a cash withdrawal from a bank absolutely leaves a paper trail.  Unless you do it multiple times in small increments 

At our weekly grocery shop, we take out a bit of cash and stash it away. Easy way to have plenty of cash for merch without withdrawing a large lump sum.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 242
    GlowGirl said:
    D-Rod said:
    CopperTom said:
    thumbs down to cashless

Unfortunately, you can't rely on the sizing - especially if you are woman. If I went by my size I would just ask for a medium. However, too many times a medium ends up being way too small. At the SHN show an extra-large women's did not even fit right. I ended up getting a men's small. If the t-shirts were actually sized correctly we wouldn't have to try them on.

This is exactly true. I'm also normally a women's medium in all clothing but in Pearl Jam t-shirts, I'm anything from a kid's xl to a women's xl to a men's s. They're sizing is unpredictable AF.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688
    GlowGirl said:
    D-Rod said:
    CopperTom said:
    thumbs down to cashless

This is exactly true. I'm also normally a women's medium in all clothing but in Pearl Jam t-shirts, I'm anything from a kid's xl to a women's xl to a men's s. They're sizing is unpredictable AF.
    Yup. And while the men’s small fits they are never really flattering. I just had this issue at the Jack White show. They only had “unisex” which really means men’s. They didn’t even offer a woman’s style. The “unisex” small looked like it would fit me like a sack. So I ended up passing. 

I do have to say that the women’s shirt I bought at Fenway in 2018 fits great and looks great. I wish they would always use that company. It was Tultex if any merch decision makers are reading this. 
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    I get the sizing thing for some what blows my mind is when people wait in line for hours get to the front and haven't decided what they want to buy yet.   I get not knowing size just the way shirts are but not knowing what shirt is just unforgivable.