What’s up with Fresno?

Comments

• CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,809
    PJammin' said:
    Fresno is better than Coalinga. 🤷‍♂️ 
    Speaking as an East coaster, is Coalinga as bad as the new Band of Horses song says it is?
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Fresno is worse than anyone says. If anyone here says it’s not then please share those magical reality changing drugs that you are taking daily to live in this shit box of hell. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    edited May 2022
    Here’s a Fresno story for you. 

Last night the wife and I went to go see Lynyrd Skynrd at Chuckchansi park. During Don Felders opening set our 20 year old daughter calls and tells us she thinks someone is in the house and called 911. (Couple slammed doors and footsteps heard in house) we race out of concert before Skynyrd and get home to six cop cars and a K-9 unit searching our house because the cops saw something that made them think someone was indeed in the house. Luckily, our daughter is safe and no one was found inside. But this is such a common occurrence in this fuck town of shit that we can’t even enjoy a stupid fucking concert without bullshit happening. So 120 dollars in tickets and parking down the drain. While the cops were there a couple of young adults from the drug house down the street come and start talking shit to the cops. We live in a decent neighborhood but this is common to all areas of Fresno. 

Sorry, just still hella angry and upset about last night and how shitty my life has turned out. I’ll quit posting. See you all tomorrow. 

Edited cause I typed while emotional and don’t want to offend or upset anyone. My view is mine and no one else. I apologize if I did so. 
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
  • adamg5adamg5 Posts: 802
    I hope everyone has GREAT time tonight in Fresburg!!
    Let’s ROCK the house in the GA for Eddie and the boys!!
  • That really fuckin' sucks PearlJammr78! But I'm glad your family is okay, and I'm in SLO and my neighbors are selling their home! Come on out this way!
    I see this amazing single available for tomorrow SEC 121 ROW A SEAT10. Front row in a section as close to the stage as it gets! 
    "..to find the comfort in this world."
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429

One way to Fresno!
    @TonyClifton. Thank you😀 SLO might be an option. 

Had anyone successfully contacted the venue and gotten any details about where to line up for ga or any other little things to make tomorrow go smoothly for everyone coming? Would hate to line up for ga and then find out real line is on opposite side of arena. Lol. We have tried to call and email venue for weeks but alas no reply. Wife even drove over there last week but it was closed. Lol. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    My hometown show is tomorrow! Let’s fucking do this FRESNO!!!!

If you’re here from out of town hope you have a good time, it’s not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, enjoy!! 
    Our rental cars got broken into TWICE in 4 days in Oakland. Fresno can’t be as bad as this shithole. 

JFC

My rental literally stands no chance!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore

Last night the wife and I went to go see Lynyrd Skynrd at Chuckchansi park. During Don Felders opening set our 20 year old daughter calls and tells us she thinks someone is in the house and called 911. (Couple slammed doors and footsteps heard in house) we race out of concert before Skynyrd and get home to six cop cars and a K-9 unit searching our house because the cops saw something that made them think someone was indeed in the house. Luckily, our daughter is safe and no one was found inside. But this is such a common occurrence in this fuck town of shit that we can’t even enjoy a stupid fucking concert without bullshit happening. So 120 dollars in tickets and parking down the drain. While the cops were there a couple of young adults from the drug house down the street come and start talking shit to the cops. We live in a decent neighborhood but this is common to all areas of Fresno. 

Sorry, just still hella angry and upset about last night and how shitty my life has turned out. I’ll quit posting. See you all tomorrow. 

Edited cause I typed while emotional and don’t want to offend or upset anyone. My view is mine and no one else. I apologize if I did so. 
    At least she’s safe - that’s the important part
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • kaberetkaberet Posts: 2
    About 30 seconds after purchasing a reserved floor ticket in row e, a GA ticket popped up. Damn. 
    100 Pacer said:

You’re 100% correct. 😀😀
    No more buzzkills!  Let’s be happy and positive that PJ is still ALIVE and playing great!!
  • I just gotta know about the man, myth and legend Matt Cameron before I can make the trek to this shithole! 
    It’s not a shit hole. I live near Fresno, work for at one of the busiest fire stations in the City of Fresno. It’s not perfect.  It’s not a metropolis with no crime, homelessness or drugs.  

But PJ is coming to town and let’s just be happy and GRATEFUL!!
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
    @PearlJammer78: if that happened to me, i'd be red-hot and posting it too! I'm so glad your daughter is safe And brave, doing the right things: calling you & 911, & their responding-yet, i have back pains just imagining what it looked like as you drove back to your place, 
    and saw that response & sorry you lost out on the show you attended.  Tomorrow may that never be!
       Blessings and prosperity to Fresno-residents and visitors alike. All time, travel, temperature, safety and economic mercies to all ! Concert blessings for Pearl Jam/&crew, & all sound engineers @Savemart Center/& staff, and for all attendees,- as we live and breathe -Shalom. 
      See you tomorrow
    100 Pacer said:

You’re 100% correct. 😀😀
    I’ll buy you a beer tomorrow night to make up for it.

• adamg5 said:
    It’s not a shit hole. I live near Fresno, work for at one of the busiest fire stations in the City of Fresno.
    My buddy Nathan (who grew up and still lives in Fresno) told me no one in Fresno would ever defend it! It's absolute garbage and only work keeps him there, and maybe you too? I'm sending him this post! 
    @NEweather thank you so much. I still feel embarrassed when I let my emotions get the best of me. Which is often. 

@100 Pacer I appreciate it. I no longer drink so please have one for me or multiple ones. Lol

there is a great little record store in town called ragin records down in the tower district that rules for any vinyl lovers coming to town. Tower District records and Mad Monk are decent too. 

No weed dispensary’s in town but there is delivery services. 

Can’t wait for tomorrow. Tomorrow will be one day that Fresno doesn’t suck so let’s do this!!!
    edited May 2022
    adamg5 said:
    It’s not a shit hole. I live near Fresno, work for at one of the busiest fire stations in the City of Fresno.
    My buddy Nathan (who grew up and still lives in Fresno) told me no one in Fresno would ever defend it! It's absolute garbage and only work keeps him there, and maybe you too? I'm sending him this post! 
    I’m not defending it.  Parts of Fresno suck.  Just like the rest of the world.

that’s why I live in a city outside Fresno  
    city and in a neighborhood that’s clean and safer.
    Post edited by adamg5 on
    I wouldn’t walk back to my hotel in Inglewood after the Pj show last week, but I would in Fresno!!
    I know one part of Fresno that won’t suck tomorrow. The GA pit at Save Mart Center. 🤘🏽🤘🏽
    I know one part of Fresno that won’t suck tomorrow. The GA pit at Save Mart Center. 🤘🏽🤘🏽
    Whew!  Thank you !!!
    ^^^This.

#MattinFresno

• ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    Maybe they'll play Sirens.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
    ddeschler said:
    I hope so that’s a greats song live.  Mexico City 2015 the crowd sang along with lots of energy 
  • GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362
    gigaton.  start to finish.  
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    Hope everyone has a great time tomorrow night!  Had to cancel my Fresno and Sacramento plans last minute sadly… hope they’re both great
    that sucks @Weston1283, hope all is well.
    Hope everyone has a great time tomorrow night!  Had to cancel my Fresno and Sacramento plans last minute sadly… hope they’re both great
    No! Damn Wes. Just saw this. Sorry about that.

edited May 2022
    ddeschler said:
    We hear enough sirens here daily. I’ll pass. Lol