The disappearance of singles from the live set

2»

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,934
    The Fixer is fun and catchy… I don’t need it every show but it should be played more often.  If I caught it once every tour it would be great.  The retiring of a good chunk of songs has contributed to the encores feeling a little stale lately.  

Got Some, on the other hand, is a really great song and I would support it making more regular appearances. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    dcp3y said:
    Nothing as it seems…
    You are…

(more Binaural and Riot Act please)
    Paging McGruff...
    ha ha!  There's definitely some brilliant songs on both of those albums but man are there some clunkers.  I must say that binaural has really grown on me over the past few years.  I used to despise of the girl and now think it is a gem.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,364
    JimmyV said:
    Was Lightning Bolt a single? That song was meh at it's Wrigley debut in 2013 but has become fantastic live since. Hope it sticks around. 
    It's great live.  I am never disappointed when they play that.  MYM can go away.  It just doesn't have any groove.  

One thing I have noticed is that Stone LOVES Unthought Known.  Watch him when he plays that song, he always has a huge grin.  I think it's the song from Backspacer that has aged the best. 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,400
    WWS makes it comeback spring leg! 

Would live fixer and got some to get cycled in at some point. Underrated imo. Way better then some of the adult contemporary/easy listening songs.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    edited April 2022
    WWS was of its time. Now it sounds like a dated George W. Bush era song. Sirens has always been a snoozefest for me. Ed's added "aaah ha" section at the end was unnecessary.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    WWS makes it comeback spring leg! 

Would live fixer and got some to get cycled in at some point. Underrated imo. Way better then some of the adult contemporary/easy listening songs.
    I would take WWS and the fixer at Nashville, St Louis or Oklahoma City with no complaints whatsoever. 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    Some of the older singles probably just don't give them the same reaction as before, or for that matter wear them out (and Ed's voice) during a long set. As much as I love WWS, it's been replaced by newer songs with similar themes... Seven O'Clock comes to mind.