So happy I scored GA!

After being so disappointed with my First GA fiasco in Baltimore, I scored GA for Camden and I am super happy! I can’t wait!!

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,986
    Get me a stone pick! Have fun
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    Enjoy!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Thank you guys! This is my first GA pit ever after 14 years of concerts lol 
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    kmallardi said:
    Thank you guys! This is my first GA pit ever after 14 years of concerts lol 
    OUTSTANDING!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    kmallardi said:
    That's awesome!!! Enjoy!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  •  That’s great. Enjoy! 
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,551
    kmallardi said:

There might be some line gatekeepers who will try to do asinine stuff like try to write a number on your hand. These people are not representatives of the Ten Club and you absolutely do not have to do anything they tell you to.
  • Hit me up if you need a +1! 🤪
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    kmallardi said:

There might be some line gatekeepers who will try to do asinine stuff like try to write a number on your hand. These people are not representatives of the Ten Club and you absolutely do not have to do anything they tell you to.
    That group is mostly Euro based though right?
    www.cluthelee.com
    kmallardi said:

I really don't know. It happened at the Oakland 2013 show and I watched as people willingly let other people write a number on their hand. They didn't question it and I wondered how many of those people thought it was official Ten Club policy to do so. I remember it happened enough on that tour that the fan club had to make a post and say that these people were not representatives of the Ten Club.
  • darthvedder said: I’m not quite sure I understand what you guys are saying? Neither if I’m replying to the right person lol sorry I’m new to the forum 
    kmallardi said:

I really don't know. It happened at the Oakland 2013 show and I watched as people willingly let other people write a number on their hand. They didn't question it and I wondered how many of those people thought it was official Ten Club policy to do so. I remember it happened enough on that tour that the fan club had to make a post and say that these people were not representatives of the Ten Club.

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,500
    Yeah  euro  based..Italian 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I’m not quite sure I understand what you guys are saying? Neither if I’m replying to the right person lol sorry I’m new to the forum 

It's ok...I should be the one apologizing because I'm assuming something will happen in the future based on something that happened in the past. These people wanted some way to mark their position in the GA line so that they could leave the line if they chose to do so and come back later and not lose their position. There was no official Ten Club policy on the matter, so they took it upon themselves to mark their position by writing numbers on their hands. Where they crossed the line is they started writing numbers on everybody's hands who lined up early and making it look like it was official policy to do so.

I have no idea how widespread this was. Like I said, it happened at the one show I went to on the 2013 tour. I have no idea what the line policy will be for the upcoming shows or if there will even be a line policy. I assume you'll find out more in the coming weeks.

Again, I apologize if I confused you. Congratulations on getting GA and have a blast!
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    We will be GA for the first time in Nashville. With us being a little older and my wife being on the shorter side, we will probably gravitate towards the back. 
  • I’m not quite sure I understand what you guys are saying? Neither if I’m replying to the right person lol sorry I’m new to the forum 

It's ok...I should be the one apologizing because I'm assuming something will happen in the future based on something that happened in the past. These people wanted some way to mark their position in the GA line so that they could leave the line if they chose to do so and come back later and not lose their position. There was no official Ten Club policy on the matter, so they took it upon themselves to mark their position by writing numbers on their hands. Where they crossed the line is they started writing numbers on everybody's hands who lined up early and making it look like it was official policy to do so.

I have no idea how widespread this was. Like I said, it happened at the one show I went to on the 2013 tour. I have no idea what the line policy will be for the upcoming shows or if there will even be a line policy. I assume you'll find out more in the coming weeks.

Again, I apologize if I confused you. Congratulations on getting GA and have a blast!
    It’s no trouble at all!! I was just super confused as I’ve never heard of that, but thanks for the heads up as I will keep my eyes open ☺️. Ps:. I love your nickname lol
  • We will be GA for the first time in Nashville. With us being a little older and my wife being on the shorter side, we will probably gravitate towards the back. 
    I am just happy to be there!! Of course I scored the pit, but the rail is going to be too much to ask for 😂
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    We will be GA for the first time in Nashville. With us being a little older and my wife being on the shorter side, we will probably gravitate towards the back. 
    I am just happy to be there!! Of course I scored the pit, but the rail is going to be too much to ask for 😂
    If properly motivated and time isn’t a big deal, you could pull it off. Would be a long ass day for you though! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • We will be GA for the first time in Nashville. With us being a little older and my wife being on the shorter side, we will probably gravitate towards the back. 
    If properly motivated and time isn’t a big deal, you could pull it off. Would be a long ass day for you though! 
    I wish it wasn’t on a Wednesday lol. I would love some info on that. Do people get there and line up super early? Like what time? I’m just so used to go and sit down 🪑😂
  • Loujoe said:
    Loujoe said:
    Ha! I wish! From what I’m seeing, I might be the lady in the very back of the pit 😂
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2022
    I wish it wasn’t on a Wednesday lol. I would love some info on that. Do people get there and line up super early? Like what time? I’m just so used to go and sit down 🪑😂
    Wednesday?  Get there Monday night and you’ll be good 
    Wednesday?  Get there Monday night and you’ll be good 
    Back of the pit for me if that’s the case. I don’t think anyone wants to be camping in Camden lol
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Is Camden GA as crowded as I’ve heard?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    100 Pacer said:
    I’ve heard the same. Have been in it before for phish, but knew the guy working as event staff and was let in without a Pit ticket.  This was the norm years ago (2006?) and it would get quite crowded.  It’s been years though, so maybe they tightened up security a bit.  Not sure. 

That being said, I’m still looking to join that overcrowded pit.  If anyone looking to get out and have some 5th row stone side seats, hit me up. Lol
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,520
    kmallardi said:

we saw that at Vancouver 2013.  Except it felt like 75% of the people who gave themselves #'s weren't actually waiting in line.   It was really wierd.

We ended up going to a pub and came back for doors opening around 6, and we stull got an amazing position.  We had maybe 6 layers of people in front of us at centre stage.    I know the Vancouver pit was smaller than other shows, but showing up at 6 and getting that close seems decent to me.

It was a lot different than the Stadium shows where there's a lot of GA tix.   We'd show up at 4ish for the Seattle '18 and Wrigley '16 shows and get maybe 15th row centre(ish).
  • 100 Pacer said:
    It’s just so small… maybe that’s why it seems so crowded