Options

UPDATE: 2022 NA Shows w/Standard Pricing; Fan-to-Fan & NA Leg 2 News: Denver. End of Tour.

Comments

• Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    I was on the "wait list."  I never got a code.  I was tending to believe there was no actual "wait list" and it was just pretend.  But I read on here that some people on the "wait list" actually got codes.  Can anyone on here who was on this supposed "wait list" "verify" that they got a code, and what show did they request a code for?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,515
    ddeschler said:
    I was on the "wait list."  I never got a code.  I was tending to believe there was no actual "wait list" and it was just pretend.  But I read on here that some people on the "wait list" actually got codes.  Can anyone on here who was on this supposed "wait list" "verify" that they got a code, and what show did they request a code for?
    I got a code initially and it ended up unlocking tickets for any show that I looked at. 
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    I should've requested Fresno.  Would've got a code.  I'll know to do that to outsmart TM next time.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,515
    ddeschler said:
    I should've requested Fresno.  Would've got a code.  I'll know to do that to outsmart TM next time.
    I am not sure if it opened up all of the shows at first or if it was after a few hours. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    When was the last Houston arena show?   That city has like three downtowns.  I never know when I’m actually downtown.   Skyscrapers over on this side and then a bunch of skyscrapers in the distance.  

NOLA has been Voodoo Fest and Jazz Fest.  They played to about 45,000 people last time.  Pretty sure they can sell out arenas there too if they wanted.   It’s always cool to see them play in the daytime tho.  

Atlanta -  same 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    When was the last Houston arena show?   That city has like three downtowns.  I never know when I’m actually downtown.   Skyscrapers over on this side and then a bunch of skyscrapers in the distance.  

NOLA has been Voodoo Fest and Jazz Fest.  They played to about 45,000 people last time.  Pretty sure they can sell out arenas there too if they wanted.   It’s always cool to see them play in the daytime tho.  

Atlanta -  same 
      Guy Kite
    @AcISpeculation Pearl Jam,
    The National, NIN, LL Cool J,
    Spoon, Interpol, Willie Nelson
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,956
    04/09 update:
    • Those OKC 100's & 200's sold well, and more could pop up.
    • Vegas "Premium" has dropped considerably in the past 2 weeks. Hold fast!
    • Fresno & SAC still have the best availability for the new shows. California as a whole is a great value, if you can make a show. I still think Oakland should close off the behind stage seats, and have ushers comp upgrade people when the doors open.
    • The Los Angeles Forum quietly went through a name change (the O.G.. Great Western Forum), and is now known as the Kia Forum. Ignore it, lol. Still a better name than the "crypto dot com arena"... :#
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Go Animal said:
    04/09 update:

• The Los Angeles Forum quietly went through a name change (the O.G.. Great Western Forum), and is now known as the Kia Forum. Ignore it, lol. Still a better name than the "crypto dot com arena"... :#
    I don’t think crypto arena is a good name at all but I don’t know why people miss the building being named after an office supplies store.   
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    04/09 update:

I don’t think crypto arena is a good name at all but I don’t know why people miss the building being named after an office supplies store.   
    I think it's just familiarity. Like they hear Staples Center, and then think Kobe or Lebron. I never liked that name either, I'm just glad we get to see PJ in another classic building like the Forum.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:
    04/09 update:

I think it's just familiarity. Like they hear Staples Center, and then think Kobe or Lebron. I never liked that name either, I'm just glad we get to see PJ in another classic building like the Forum.
    Yeah the Forum and MSG are all that’s left from those days man.  
  • Options
    Jim TresselJim Tressel Posts: 130
    Sacramento looks like a misstep. Although you can practically have a whole upper section for yourself. 
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,188

Atlanta -  same 
    Lubbock ‘00 and Dallas ‘13 is the entire list of arena shows they have played in TX this century. The only other proper arena show was Dallas ‘98. Sheds have been the norm, although there is really nothing normal about them playing here since ‘03. With multiple markets in TX that have no problem selling, it doesn’t make much sense. Especially for Houston.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,586
    I thought all the EV shows here in ‘12 was a sign of things to come but nope. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    demetrios said:
    WHOA!!! :o

I'm in Sec 107. Got my 10C back in 2020
    I'm in 108, also 10c tix from 2020. Right now there are 5 seats in row 1 for $1439 CAD each. Before I saw the premium tix, I was thinking I might try to upgrade either Toronto or Hamilton on Fan2Fan since we have pretty much exactly the same seats for both shows. Yeah, no, that's not gonna happen at these prices...
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,911
    BLACK35 said:
    demetrios said:
    WHOA!!! :o

I'm in Sec 107. Got my 10C back in 2020
    I’m in section 107 as well. Just got them in the new 10C lottery. See you there!!
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,961
    edited April 2022
    4 lower level Oakland night 1 tickets in section 108 just opened up for face value.  Go get em!!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    JojoRice said:
    4 lower level Oakland night 1 tickets in section 108 just opened up for face value.  Go get em!!
    Still there. 2020 these would of sold out in minutes. 
  • Options
    04/14 update:
    • updated the main post to reflect Oakland (thanks @JojoRice & @PJNB!). I'm glad they're playing there, but the venue should really consider closing off the upper level behind stage, and send ushers to upgrade everyone on the day.
    • Vegas Premiums steadily dropping in price. If you didn't get in before, your time is approaching!
    • lots of long term speculation on the September shows, but Tronno, MSG, Nashville & St. Louis seem like sell outs. F2F coming soon, hopefully...

• Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Go Animal said:
    cmalisze said:
    Go Animal said:
    cmalisze said:
    My man! Good to "see" you again. 
    Likewise! You get in on any of these shows?
    I think I'm doing Oakland. 
    Should be a solid 2-nighter. Folks coming in from San Fran, Tahoe & Reno, along with everyone else doing the Cali run. I think they'll put in the effort to make it spicy to set it apart from the 2 nights in L.A.!
    Eddie & the boys love playing the Bay Area and have said that whenever they play the Bay Area it feels like home. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    could the cities they chose be part of the carbon offset efforts?  i know theyve always made the effort, but do I remember seeing something about an expanded effort or something?  or am i making that up? 
    Does it really reduce footprint.  While it reduces fuel consumption for the band/crew, in increases fuel consumption for all the fans travelling to go.. as fans don't have shows closer to them to attend?

Maybe it's a functional thing?  They choose a basecamp in california, and go to each city from the base camp so they have the same bed every night for the few weeks they're out there.

I was watching that show with Brian Johnson and they were talking about how challenging it is to tour, and how'd they do that in europe.  Set up a base camp in Paris or something, have their families stay there, then fly back after every show so they could sleep in the same bed and see their families kind of thing.

Musicians rarely talk about it, but it the travel aspect never seems easy for them.
    Challenging to tour?? Maybe back in the day when they were first starting out and were constantly on the road doing 70 to 100+ shows a year. Now that’s a grind for sure. 

But at this stage in their career when they’re doing shorter, regionalized tours and have an entire tour crew & handlers who take care of all their itinerary, realistically all they have to do is show up. 

They’re not dealing with airport security, waiting in lines or dealing with the check-in process at the hotels, all the things that make travel a grind. 

And I say this as someone who travels for business close to 50% of the time and has to deal with all of the above and I don’t even consider that to be all that challenging. 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,873
    Zod said:
    could the cities they chose be part of the carbon offset efforts?  i know theyve always made the effort, but do I remember seeing something about an expanded effort or something?  or am i making that up? 
    Does it really reduce footprint.  While it reduces fuel consumption for the band/crew, in increases fuel consumption for all the fans travelling to go.. as fans don't have shows closer to them to attend?

Maybe it's a functional thing?  They choose a basecamp in california, and go to each city from the base camp so they have the same bed every night for the few weeks they're out there.

I was watching that show with Brian Johnson and they were talking about how challenging it is to tour, and how'd they do that in europe.  Set up a base camp in Paris or something, have their families stay there, then fly back after every show so they could sleep in the same bed and see their families kind of thing.

Musicians rarely talk about it, but it the travel aspect never seems easy for them.
    Challenging to tour?? Maybe back in the day when they were first starting out and were constantly on the road doing 70 to 100+ shows a year. Now that’s a grind for sure. 

But at this stage in their career when they’re doing shorter, regionalized tours and have an entire tour crew & handlers who take care of all their itinerary, realistically all they have to do is show up. 

They’re not dealing with airport security, waiting in lines or dealing with the check-in process at the hotels, all the things that make travel a grind. 

And I say this as someone who travels for business close to 50% of the time and has to deal with all of the above and I don’t even consider that to be all that challenging. 
    They clearly have a lower tolerance for it than you do. For some people, just being away from home for more than a couple of weeks can feel like a grind. Others relish it.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,803
    PJNB said:
    JojoRice said:
    Still there. 2020 these would of sold out in minutes. 
    Two tickets are still there as of 5:10 EST 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    California has 2 new shows that look like are going to have full sections of tickets available for "buy one, get one" on Groupon in a few weeks.  Fresno I get, its hard to get there, but with Sacramento being so close to the Bay Area, that one should be selling much, much better, IMO.

Meanwhile MSG is selling Platinum seats in the thousands and Camden sold out immediately.

Pearl Jam has been an east coast band for awhile now.  These results shouldn't shock anyone.  And I dont say that it anyway as an insult to the people who live on the west coast/Seattle/Cali - but the demand is honestly probably exponentially higher on the east coast than the west, anyone looking at it objectively can admit to that.
    Full disclosure, I’m a born & raised East Coaster who now has lived on the West Coast for the better part of 30 years. 

I do have to disagree with your statement though. The band made a major misstep adding the Sac & Fresno shows, I’ll admit, but that doesn’t mean the demand isn’t here. Adding Sac & Fresno gave those who may have held onto tickets from 2020 for the OAK shows an opportunity to give those up for one of the new shows if it was closer option for them to attend. Then you need to factor in those who chose to refund their tickets because they’d rather attend the newly added Vegas or Camden shows, and now you have a cluster fuck. 

Pearl Jam traditionally has always sold out their shows here on the West Coast and I guarantee you if they hadn’t added those two shows & Vegas to this leg, the OAK shows would be sold out for sure. Hell, they were pretty much sold out before the pandemic hit. So I think what we’re seeing right now is a more a result of the pandemic and adding more options on top of the rescheduled shows then a demand issue.
    Post edited by Red Mosqito on
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,873
    California has 2 new shows that look like are going to have full sections of tickets available for "buy one, get one" on Groupon in a few weeks.  Fresno I get, its hard to get there, but with Sacramento being so close to the Bay Area, that one should be selling much, much better, IMO.

Meanwhile MSG is selling Platinum seats in the thousands and Camden sold out immediately.

Pearl Jam has been an east coast band for awhile now.  These results shouldn't shock anyone.  And I dont say that it anyway as an insult to the people who live on the west coast/Seattle/Cali - but the demand is honestly probably exponentially higher on the east coast than the west, anyone looking at it objectively can admit to that.
    Full disclosure, I’m a born & raised East Coaster who now has lived on the West Coast for the better part of 30 years. 

I do have to disagree with your statement though. The band made a major misstep adding the Sac & Fresno shows, I’ll admit, but that doesn’t mean the demand isn’t here. Adding Sac & Fresno gave those who may have held onto tickets from 2020 for the OAK shows an opportunity to give those up for one of the new shows if it was closer option for them to attend. Then you need to factor in those who chose to refund their tickets because they’d rather attend the newly added Vegas or Camden shows, and now you have a cluster fuck. 

Pearl Jam traditionally has always sold out their shows here on the West Coast and I guarantee you if they hadn’t added those two shows & Vegas to this leg, the OAK shows would be sold out for sure. Hell, they were pretty much sold out before the pandemic hit. So I think what we’re seeing right now is a more a result of the pandemic and adding more options on top of the rescheduled shows then a demand issue.
    The East Coast corollary to this would be if they'd had rescheduled shows in Boston, Hartford, NYC x2, and Philly x2, and then added shows in Albany and Baltimore. It's not a perfect comparison because it has NY shows and their transferable tickets, but I'm curious to hear what people think the demand for Albany and Baltimore would be.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,961

I agree that adding Sac & Fresno was probably a bad call.  They'd been better off adding a second Vegas show and/or a couple other Western cities not in Cali such as Salt Lake City or Albuquerque. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,237
    JojoRice said:

I agree that adding Sac & Fresno was probably a bad call.  They'd been better off adding a second Vegas show and/or a couple other Western cities not in Cali such as Salt Lake City or Albuquerque. 
    Promoters for shows in various cities offer an amount to the band to be there.  If the offer is attractive the band accepts and they make their money.  If tickets don’t sell somewhere that’s the promoter’s risk.  Doesn’t make it a bad call by the band.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    mpedone said:

The East Coast corollary to this would be if they'd had rescheduled shows in Boston, Hartford, NYC x2, and Philly x2, and then added shows in Albany and Baltimore. It's not a perfect comparison because it has NY shows and their transferable tickets, but I'm curious to hear what people think the demand for Albany and Baltimore would be.
    Albany is a 2.5 hour drive from Boston and there are no bridges or tunnels to slow you down. And there's only one Boston show in this example? I'd be there. So would many others. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    Also, Baltimore would still be one of the smaller venues in the tour. It would do fine. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,586
    JojoRice said:

I think they added the shows where they could actually find arena availability on short notice. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,152
    On the other hand, these could be killer shows! Wasn’t Katowice 2000 undersold? Look how that set list turned out.