A Strongly Worded Letter to Pearl Jam

KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,112
Life is short. Time is urgent. WE NEED the next album to be a total effing barn burner. None of this weird shit, I mean just light the bitch (the album) on fire. High and hard, burn it to the ground. With urgency!

Please and thank you. 

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    I love that this was not at all what I expected it to be. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    Recent events really makes you appreciate the moments to see this band again.  Life is short.  Embrace it
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,500
    My first thought  was late night  drinking?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    Wait..what???
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,527
    JimmyV said:
    Haha me too
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    Weird shit? I quite like the new stuff
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    JimmyV said:
    Ha, yup.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    In my dream world Stone would write the monster hooky riffs, Mike would solo like he does in concert and Ed would write the lyrics. 
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    Well, this is a poorly structured letter.  Where is the greeting?  No closing?  No signature?  Who is this letter addressed to?   

Other than that, A+
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    edited March 2022
    I want this album to be the reappearance of Stone Gossard.  

Ed - You got all the songs on Earthlings which was great.  Time to let Stone contribute.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,012
    My first thought  was late night  drinking?
    lol
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    In my dream world Stone would write the monster hooky riffs, Mike would solo like he does in concert and Ed would write the lyrics. 
    If Jeff worthless to you??!
    Jeff and Matt.  Thats  all
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Dear Pearl Jam,

Write how you will, play when you can. I’ll be listening when it’s time. 

Love,
    C
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Jason7192Jason7192 Posts: 312
    Dear Pearl Jam,

Love,
    C
    Yup. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Dear Pearl Jam,

Love,
    C

Love from  rob too.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Posts: 6,152
    edited March 2022
    Don’t make it another WordSaladton.  We don’t need to see how many god damn words we can fit into each song. As a matter of fact, maybe let Stone etc. write the lyrics and music and you can go catch a swell or two in Hawaii. When you get done, meet em in the studio and you can sing on em.  I happen to like Pearl Jam, and not so much Eddie Vedder as he’s steered this love boat straight into the word iceberg.  The guy loves to hear himself. The lyric book should be as thin as possible, using as few trees and resources as is lyrically possible. I still haven’t listened to anything after the first two tracks of Ed’s Earthling, and have no intention to.
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • wiscojamwiscojam Posts: 343
    +1
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,527
    Don’t make it another WordSaladton.  We don’t need to see how many god damn words we can fit into each song. As a matter of fact, maybe let Stone etc. write the lyrics and music and you can go catch a swell or two in Hawaii. When you get done, meet em in the studio and you can sing on em.  I happen to like Pearl Jam, and not so much Eddie Vedder as he’s steered this love boat straight into the word iceberg.  The guy loves to hear himself. The lyric book should be as thin as possible, using as few trees and resources as is lyrically possible. I still haven’t listened to anything after the first two tracks of Ed’s Earthling, and have no intention to.
    Feel free to start a band. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    This is a band known for making the music they want to make. Don't see that changing. You don't have to enjoy it, but you also don't get to demand they make music to your taste. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    I'm here for the weird shit too. 
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    KM73780 said:
    Life is short. Time is urgent. WE NEED the next album to be a total effing barn burner. None of this weird shit, I mean just light the bitch (the album) on fire. High and hard, burn it to the ground. With urgency!

Please and thank you. 
    Well put and I agree.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,118
    Mirrorball #2 or else!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    wiscojam said:
    +1
    +2
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Jakpot12Jakpot12 Posts: 6
    Maybe let Stone write your posts.  Yours was a bit wordy..
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,935
    Lol
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    Jakpot12 said:
    Maybe let Stone write your posts.  Yours was a bit wordy..

The lyrics sometimes can be like solving simultaneous equations. Thanks Stone!
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    And here I am thinking that I was the only one who felt this way! Don't get me wrong, I love Gigaton and all but Ed definitely got a little too wordy on some of the songs. Those songs should be interesting to see Eddie sing a couple years from now after a few swigs of wine, lol! 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    I understood the original post to be in response to Stone's recent comments about the band wanting to make their OK Computer (while admitting in the next breath that it could never be as good as OK Computer).
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    The biggest problem with the number of words is that, the more words there are in a song, the less likely it will be that Eddie will remember them all when the song is performed live. I was pretty excited to hear Who Ever Said at Ohana since it sounds so good on the record, but I was holding my breath when they played it, thinking, "C'mon, Ed, you can do this."  (And he did.)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.