The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    edited June 2023
    wrong thread. apologies
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,611
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    One of the most popular threads on this site is "America's Gun Violence". Hunter has a history with breaking gun laws and being a stupid gun owner. He broke the law yet he is skating by with no penalty. This is one of the biggest issues with guns in America. We have laws and often times they don't get enforced. We will never fix our gun issues if we don't start throwing the book at gun laws being broken. This is another fine example of how Democrats and Pearl Jam Message Board Members wants to bitch about guns yet they applaud when one of their own gets away with doing no time.

YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!
    Do you realize it was a Trump appointed attorney who investigated him for 5 years? Lol. And here you are...blaming a Pearl Jam message board somehow?

maga!
    It doesn't matter who investigated him. Hunter should be getting harsher charges when it comes to the gun laws at a minimum. You can't argue with what I said so you have to throw Trump and maga into the conversation to deflect. 

Why have gun laws if they don't get fully enforced? This is a huge part of the issue with America and guns but you'd rather discuss Trump and maga. Good job!
    Maybe you should have cared more about this issue prior to Hunter Biden breaking the law and the Brandon DOJ going easy on him, eh? Maybe have been as vociferous in your outrage as you are now?

But according to newly revealed Justice Department records, the odds of being charged for lying on this form are virtually nonexistent. In the 2019 fiscal year, when Hunter Biden purchased his gun, federal prosecutors received 478 referrals for lying on Form 4473 — and filed just 298 cases, according to data extracted from the U.S. attorneys’ case management system. That’s out of approximately 27 million background checks undertaken in a 12-month period.

The numbers were roughly similar for fiscal 2018 (444 referrals and 271 cases) and fiscal 2020 (433 referrals and 243 cases). The data does not indicate the success rate of the prosecutions.

At issue is when Biden answered“no” on the sixth question on the form when purchasing a gun Oct. 12, 2018: “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?”

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    By the way, who the hell is applauding Hunter Biden not doing any time? Pretty sure everyone here would have been fine if he went to prison. Nobody should be above the law, even the president's kid. Joe did the right thing for not interfering in this investigation. I have zero confidence Trump would have had the same restraint had this been about one of his idiot children. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    By the way, who the hell is applauding Hunter Biden not doing any time? Pretty sure everyone here would have been fine if he went to prison. Nobody should be above the law, even the president's kid. Joe did the right thing for not interfering in this investigation. I have zero confidence Trump would have had the same restraint had this been about one of his idiot children. 
    I was rooting for him to do time just to give people one less thing to bitch about, but who are we kidding.... whatever time he got still wouldn't have been enough, people were going to bitch and moan regardless. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    JB16057 said:
    One of the most popular threads on this site is "America's Gun Violence". Hunter has a history with breaking gun laws and being a stupid gun owner. He broke the law yet he is skating by with no penalty. This is one of the biggest issues with guns in America. We have laws and often times they don't get enforced. We will never fix our gun issues if we don't start throwing the book at gun laws being broken. This is another fine example of how Democrats and Pearl Jam Message Board Members wants to bitch about guns yet they applaud when one of their own gets away with doing no time.

Who applauded and who considers Hunter "one of their own"? I'm not seeing that here. Might be some trolls on Twitter, but I'd argue the exact opposite of the made up nonsense you're spewing. We applaud when the affiliation of the charged individual does not impact the case being investigated and prosecuted.

And if the common citizen is unfamiliar with the very normal practice of plea deals, then they're just being selectively ignorant and only wanting to bring it up when it suits their interest; case in point.

Now, if you want to argue about the class disparity of plea deals within the justice system overall, by all means, I agree. If you're a citizen who has the means, you can most likely work out a plea that will get you a significantly reduced sanction. But be honest and recognize this happens everyday, and will continue to happen, outside the bubble of Hunter Biden.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Do you realize it was a Trump appointed attorney who investigated him for 5 years? Lol. And here you are...blaming a Pearl Jam message board somehow?

maga!
    It doesn't matter who investigated him. Hunter should be getting harsher charges when it comes to the gun laws at a minimum. You can't argue with what I said so you have to throw Trump and maga into the conversation to deflect. 

Why have gun laws if they don't get fully enforced? This is a huge part of the issue with America and guns but you'd rather discuss Trump and maga. Good job!
    show me ONE POST that where anyone here applauded hunter getting no jail time. 

you're blaming democrats and pearl jam message board members for a ruling by a republican DA? and you whine about deflecting?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

maga!

show me ONE POST that where anyone here applauded hunter getting no jail time. 

you're blaming democrats and pearl jam message board members for a ruling by a republican DA? and you whine about deflecting?
    Your making it look too easy! Just like Durham looked like an idiot today.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

maga!

The problem isn't a guy having a gun that has a drug issue...the problem is people buying AR-15s and shooting up schools.
    ARs make up something like 1% of gun deaths though. I’m going off memory, so that may not be exact, but it’s very, very small. So can’t blame ARs for our gun problem.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    mace1229 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

maga!

The problem isn't a guy having a gun that has a drug issue...the problem is people buying AR-15s and shooting up schools.
    ARs make up something like 1% of gun deaths though. I’m going off memory, so that may not be exact, but it’s very, very small. So can’t blame ARs for our gun problem.
    It's the preferred gun of choice to shoot up a school. Well documented.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,162
    shouldn't magats be coming to his defense over 2A?
    Nope. The libbies are the side who support meth heads. This presidents POS son is the lefts hero. Smartest guy slow Joe crow biden knows. 
    wrong answer.

every one of us on here said if hunter did something wrong, charge and arrest him and punish him.

because we are not in a cult.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Yeah my reaction would be the same if they sentenced him to five years. Seems reasonable to avoid a trial and accept his plea. 

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I was rooting for him to do time just to give people one less thing to bitch about, but who are we kidding.... whatever time he got still wouldn't have been enough, people were going to bitch and moan regardless. 
    yeah maga wants him hanging by the neck until dead.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

maga!

and a church. and a country music show in vegas, etc, etc.

• Options
    Yeah my reaction would be the same if they sentenced him to five years. Seems reasonable to avoid a trial and accept his plea. 
    & if he got 5 years people would have been upset he didn’t get 10

the goalposts never stop getting moved. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

maga!

That may be true. Doesn’t change the fact ARs are used in just a small fraction of gun crimes. 
    Some said not enforcing gun laws is the problem. You said ARs are the problem. They are the smallest piece to the puzzle.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

maga!

That may be true. Doesn’t change the fact ARs are used in just a small fraction of gun crimes. 
    Some said not enforcing gun laws is the problem. You said ARs are the problem. They are the smallest piece to the puzzle.
    So why drag this on then? He specifically mentioned schools in the first post of his that you replied to and now you say you agree with him. What are we doing here?

Thankfully all those other people who killed people with handguns didn't use AR 15's or else we'd likely have thousands and thousands more dead people due to guns in this country. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

maga!

So why drag this on then? He specifically mentioned schools in the first post of his that you replied to and now you say you agree with him. What are we doing here?

Thankfully all those other people who killed people with handguns didn't use AR 15's or else we'd likely have thousands and thousands more dead people due to guns in this country. 
    Because this thread of conversation started with blaming our gun problem on the lack of enforcement of gun laws and used Hunter as the example. The response to that was saying the problem is ARs and schools. I’m not allowed to bring it back to the original point and say this issue is much bigger than ARs? I mean, if you’re going to get one someone for talking about something else other than what was specifically mentioned in the previous quote, then ask why he brought up schools.
    But the point is even though ARs and schools get 99% of the attention, they are closer to about 1% of the problem.
    Why don’t we crack down hard on people like Hunter if we want to be strict on guns? And I don’t think he got off light on the gun charge because he’s a Biden, I just think we are lenient on the laws we do have, then ask why don’t we make more and expect that to solve anything.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

maga!

While I don’t have issues with structure regulations on assault rifles, I don’t think that last point is true. Most of the shootings with hand guns had a fewer number of targets. They mostly aren’t people wanting a mass shooting. ARs aren’t that difficult to get, if having one is what’s preventing them from being a mass shooting then they’d just get one. Or drive through car through a parade or something.
    Focusing on assault rifles won’t make a noticeable difference when just looking at the stats.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    That's a lot of words and multiple posts but....the guy you responded to was specifically talking about school shootings though.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

maga!

Yeah I'm not going to dive into all gun offenses. Likely a lot relate to gun on gun where both shooters are willing participants.

Christ if you can't see that people being able to buy assault weapons is the problem then start a different thread. And yes....an AR15 is a fucking assault weapon.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Yeah that's the perfect point. I'm still not completely up on the circumstances but the whole idea that he is being charged for not "paying" tax seems odd. It isn't a charge for tax evasion but maybe it could have been? Everything I read seemed to indicate that it related to him not paying the tax. Like he had a large outstanding liability. That generally doesn't warrant a federal charge.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Yeah that's the perfect point. I'm still not completely up on the circumstances but the whole idea that he is being charged for not "paying" tax seems odd. It isn't a charge for tax evasion but maybe it could have been? Everything I read seemed to indicate that it related to him not paying the tax. Like he had a large outstanding liability. That generally doesn't warrant a federal charge.
    It's *almost* as if it really was a witch hunt to catch the bIdEn CrImE fAmIlY red handed, but this is the most they could come up with after all the years of investigating. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    It's *almost* as if it really was a witch hunt to catch the bIdEn CrImE fAmIlY red handed, but this is the most they could come up with after all the years of investigating. 
    Yeah and if that is the case it's beyond fucked up. All this talk of Hunter getting money from China ended up with zilch.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    Yeah and if that is the case it's beyond fucked up. All this talk of Hunter getting money from China ended up with zilch.

And, again, these hypocrites on the maga right keep talking about the "weaponization of the government..." yet it was a Trump appointed attorney who lead this investigation into Biden's son. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    mickeyrat said:

Wait, I thought he was paid by a shell company that was from China.  Was that proven false now?  I have zero desire to read up on everything that transpired and looking for the cliffs notes.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Wait, I thought he was paid by a shell company that was from China.  Was that proven false now?  I have zero desire to read up on everything that transpired and looking for the cliffs notes.
    Whatever it was, it wasn't illegal. Certainly not worth all the bitching and complaining from the maga right for the last 5 years....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

My understanding is that the shell company invested funds with the company that Hunter was an advisor for. It's like being a Schwab employee and people blaming you for people putting their money in Schwab funds.

• Options
    That's a lot of words and multiple posts but....the guy you responded to was specifically talking about school shootings though.

Yes, and the post he specifically responded to was talking about lack of gun law enforcement. Failing to see your point. Why should I only discuss school shootings when the original topic was lack of enforcement?
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    mickeyrat said:

Whatever it was, it wasn't illegal. Certainly not worth all the bitching and complaining from the maga right for the last 5 years....
    mickeyrat said:

My understanding is that the shell company invested funds with the company that Hunter was an advisor for. It's like being a Schwab employee and people blaming you for people putting their money in Schwab funds.
    Thank you both!