Las Vegas roll call

1246718

Comments

  • aweisman10aweisman10 Posts: 139
    I got A reasonably priced room at the new Resorts World resort.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 11,358
    JBob87 said:
    PJNB said:
    I said it in the other thread but if your emails came around 3:40 eastern time its likely GA. 
    Not to be a debbie downer...got my email at 3:20 and only put in for reserved
    Eastern? 
    PJ
    2013 Worcester 1 & 2
    2016 Quebec, Toronto 2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 2
    2018 Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Seattle 2, Wrigley 2, Fenway 1&2 
    2021 Encore 1&2
    2022 Fresno, Sacramento, Vegas, Vienna, Prague, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, New York City

    EV
    2017 Firenze, Taormina 1 & 2
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 303
    PJNB said:
    JBob87 said:
    PJNB said:
    I said it in the other thread but if your emails came around 3:40 eastern time its likely GA. 
    Not to be a debbie downer...got my email at 3:20 and only put in for reserved
    Eastern? 
    D'oh. Central. So 4:20 Eastern. My bad.
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, GeorgiaPosts: 1,566
    Ended up doing Mandalay Bay..not too bad but those flights out of ATL...ouch
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Salt_life23Salt_life23 Posts: 39
    3:25pm central time email .. Won Vegas, put in for GA and Reserve find out later. Wonder if it’s time stamp or done by alphabetical. Curious other peoples email times lol

    Regardless I’m in the building ! Vegas baby, might have an extra 
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    gerald605 said:
    No Blot911 said:
    Confirmed for Vegas!!! Booked on Southwest last week just in case ;) Flying in Thurs night leaving Sun morning.  Cannot wait!!! But man the flights and hotels are brutal. Way higher than I exepcted.
    Yeah making Vegas plans were not the easiest.

    If you are flying into Vegas on Spirit or Frontier the day of, BEWARE and have a backup plan. Spirit and Frontier merged and a lot of their flights are being cancelled/changed. If you have points on Southwest book a backup flight just in case the others cancel/change. You can always cancel the Southwest flight and get all your points back if you dont use it.

    As far as rooms, MGM Grand is going to be high now that Pearl Jam has been announced (plus its Preakness Stakes weekend). Try Luxor, New York-New York, Park MGM, and Excalibur (last choice). Off the strip there are some places on Tropicana Blvd not too far from MGM Grand that will be cheaper and a quick lyft ride away.
    I echo your comments about the risk of flying the day of show on either Spirit or Southwest. Booked a last minute flight for the EV LA show last month that was supposed to get me into LA at 3pm only to wake up to a notification that my flight was’t going to be departing until 6pm!! So I frantically searched for another flight and was able to book myself on a SW flight that would get me into LA around the same time only for it to get delayed by several hours. In the end I got to the show in enough time and witnessed an incredible show and hung out with some great people, so all ended well. 
  • curleybarneycurleybarney USAPosts: 99
    Let's fucking gooooo. See ya there. 
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 | Los Angeles, CA 11-23-2013 | Oakland, CA 11-26-2013 | St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014 | Bridge School 10-25-2014 | Ft. Lauderdale, FL 04-08-2016 | Miami, FL 04-09-2016 | TOTD San Francisco, CA 11/11/2016 | TOTD San Francisco, CA 11/12/2016 | Seattle, WA 08-08-2018 | Seattle, WA 08-10-2018 | EV & The Earthlings Ohana 09-24-2021 | EV & The Earthlings Ohana 09-25-2021 | Ohana 09-26-2021 | Los Angeles, CA 05-06-2022 | Los Angeles, CA 05-07-2022 | Oakland, CA 05-12-2022 | Oakland, CA 05-13-2022 | Next: Las Vegas 05-20-2022
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 1,692
    edited March 22
    Airbnb still has some excellent deals. I just booked a very nice Airbnb for 90 bucks all in. It's a short car ride away from the MGM. I'm in Vegas often so I'm just coming in Friday for the show and heading home on Saturday, so this is ideal for me.

    EDIT: Ideal under the circumstances, that is. Ideal ideal would be a normal rate at the Tropicana across the street from the MGM, but I want nothing to do with the EDC crowd at that or any hotel.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
  • blairs1blairs1 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 56
    BF25394 said:
    Airbnb still has some excellent deals. I just booked a very nice Airbnb for 90 bucks all in. It's a short car ride away from the MGM. I'm in Vegas often so I'm just coming in Friday for the show and heading home on Saturday, so this is ideal for me.

    EDIT: Ideal under the circumstances, that is. Ideal ideal would be a normal rate at the Tropicana across the street from the MGM, but I want nothing to do with the EDC crowd at that or any hotel.
    that is the hotel I've booked at. I got a decent price. While it's not ideal during EDC weekend, I'm sure the concert will be a great short in/out trip.
  • blairs1blairs1 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 56
    gerald605 said:
    No Blot911 said:
    Confirmed for Vegas!!! Booked on Southwest last week just in case ;) Flying in Thurs night leaving Sun morning.  Cannot wait!!! But man the flights and hotels are brutal. Way higher than I exepcted.
    Yeah making Vegas plans were not the easiest.

    If you are flying into Vegas on Spirit or Frontier the day of, BEWARE and have a backup plan. Spirit and Frontier merged and a lot of their flights are being cancelled/changed. If you have points on Southwest book a backup flight just in case the others cancel/change. You can always cancel the Southwest flight and get all your points back if you dont use it.

    As far as rooms, MGM Grand is going to be high now that Pearl Jam has been announced (plus its Preakness Stakes weekend). Try Luxor, New York-New York, Park MGM, and Excalibur (last choice). Off the strip there are some places on Tropicana Blvd not too far from MGM Grand that will be cheaper and a quick lyft ride away.
    I echo your comments about the risk of flying the day of show on either Spirit or Southwest. Booked a last minute flight for the EV LA show last month that was supposed to get me into LA at 3pm only to wake up to a notification that my flight was’t going to be departing until 6pm!! So I frantically searched for another flight and was able to book myself on a SW flight that would get me into LA around the same time only for it to get delayed by several hours. In the end I got to the show in enough time and witnessed an incredible show and hung out with some great people, so all ended well. 
    not what I'd like to hear! haha.. were you flying from a major city where Spirit/Southwest do many trips to Vegas? or were the flights once per day?
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    blairs1 said:
    gerald605 said:
    No Blot911 said:
    Confirmed for Vegas!!! Booked on Southwest last week just in case ;) Flying in Thurs night leaving Sun morning.  Cannot wait!!! But man the flights and hotels are brutal. Way higher than I exepcted.
    Yeah making Vegas plans were not the easiest.

    If you are flying into Vegas on Spirit or Frontier the day of, BEWARE and have a backup plan. Spirit and Frontier merged and a lot of their flights are being cancelled/changed. If you have points on Southwest book a backup flight just in case the others cancel/change. You can always cancel the Southwest flight and get all your points back if you dont use it.

    As far as rooms, MGM Grand is going to be high now that Pearl Jam has been announced (plus its Preakness Stakes weekend). Try Luxor, New York-New York, Park MGM, and Excalibur (last choice). Off the strip there are some places on Tropicana Blvd not too far from MGM Grand that will be cheaper and a quick lyft ride away.
    I echo your comments about the risk of flying the day of show on either Spirit or Southwest. Booked a last minute flight for the EV LA show last month that was supposed to get me into LA at 3pm only to wake up to a notification that my flight was’t going to be departing until 6pm!! So I frantically searched for another flight and was able to book myself on a SW flight that would get me into LA around the same time only for it to get delayed by several hours. In the end I got to the show in enough time and witnessed an incredible show and hung out with some great people, so all ended well. 
    not what I'd like to hear! haha.. were you flying from a major city where Spirit/Southwest do many trips to Vegas? or were the flights once per day?
    Yea I was flying out of a major city (Oakland) with a ton of flights always going to Vegas. I don't want to be all doom & gloom though. For the Ohana Encore weekend, I did the same thing where I made a last minute decision to go and booked a cheap Spirit Airlines flight on the day of the show and it was smooth sailing all the way there. 

    I think if you have to fly the day of the show, it's smart to fly out first thing in the morning as those flights rarely encounter delays. It's the mid-morning/early afternoon flights that usually end up having delays. 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 21,994
    The wife and I really wanted to go to this show as well as our Toronto and Hamilton. But she just started a new job and thought it would be ask to ask for some holidays in a month from now. So we gonna skip, jealous of you all. Enjoy the show all!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
  • jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CAPosts: 96
    I’m in! Looked at flights from LA but think I’m just going to drive in that day. 
  • Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline ILPosts: 1,033
    Put in for reserve.  From Moline. Wife and I got tix. Thankful her best friend lives in Vegas. 
    This is Not For You
  • dinicondinicon Posts: 25
    Hmmmm. CC charged full amount yesterday, but still no email confirmation. I haven’t seen anyone else mention that predicament yet. 
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, GeorgiaPosts: 1,566
    dinicon said:
    Hmmmm. CC charged full amount yesterday, but still no email confirmation. I haven’t seen anyone else mention that predicament yet. 
    probably not the case, but did it go to spam/junk/promotions folder?
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • dinicondinicon Posts: 25
    Noload said:
    dinicon said:
    Hmmmm. CC charged full amount yesterday, but still no email confirmation. I haven’t seen anyone else mention that predicament yet. 
    probably not the case, but did it go to spam/junk/promotions folder?


    No, but always looking out. I’ll just keep the faith or switch to verified tix when available. I’ve been so lucky over the years with around 40 shows in so many venues. Looks like this one will be a big Vegas college reunion. Last time this happened for us was Detroit; the band stayed at the same hotel and we were all stunned to share an elevator ride with Stone.

    Enjoy the ride!



  • crazybootsiecrazybootsie Posts: 126
    Flying in from Toronto - Giddy Up!!
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
  • blairs1blairs1 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 56
    Flying in from Toronto - Giddy Up!!
    southern ontario here (flying from Detroit). this will be a good concert to ease into the Canadian dates I have later.
  • crazybootsiecrazybootsie Posts: 126
    blairs1 said:
    Flying in from Toronto - Giddy Up!!
    southern ontario here (flying from Detroit). this will be a good concert to ease into the Canadian dates I have later.
    Good stuff!!
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, GeorgiaPosts: 1,566
    edited March 22
    FYI - I will have 1 extra either way (either a primo 10c reserved or a GA). Face and you make a beer run during the show at a time of my choosing.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,664
    jwhjr17 said:
    I put in.  Saw them the last time they were there so why not?
    I'll be there
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC
  • Noload said:
    FYI - I will have 1 extra either way (either a primo 10c reserved or a GA). Face and you make a beer run during the show at a time of my choosing.
    If it's GA, I will make beer runs during Evenflow, Betterman, I Am Mine, and Elderly Woman and I will buy the beer.  
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • ClipOnGirlClipOnGirl Posts: 53
    edited March 22
    I found a pretty good rate at the Wyndham Days Inn about a mile from the venue - I like to walk so it should be a quick trip back and forth.  It was actually cheaper booking through Hotels.com rather than the hotel itself.  Hoping to join in any pre-show get-together.  We had a great one back in 2000. 
    Post edited by ClipOnGirl on
    I'll see you on the other side ...
  • PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 571
    Scored a pair of reserved for Vegas but also have vip tix for Rockville in Daytona the same weekend. Big decision to make. 
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08 West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/29/04 Chicago, 10/27/06 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, ILPosts: 3,137
    PJINFLA said:
    Scored a pair of reserved for Vegas but also have vip tix for Rockville in Daytona the same weekend. Big decision to make. 
    In case you sell, let me know.  Good luck with your decision
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??

    2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI

    RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

    RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

  • mebotsmebots SeattlePosts: 14
    RK50065 said:
    fsu2626 said:
    Looks to be some decent deals for hotels here https://lasvegas.electricdaisycarnival.com/travel/hotels/
    wonder what the venn diagram is of people going to PJ and EDC! 
    Ha yep that would be me! Have tickets for EDC 2022 since last year, already have an RV heading to the Speedway thursday. Gonna grab an uber back to the strip friday for PJ show then uber back out the strip to close out night 1 of EDC/

    Besides all the good techno doesn't happen until 2 AM or later anyways. I'm pumped
  • hvrsqhvrsq Las VegasPosts: 49
    dinicon said:
    Hmmmm. CC charged full amount yesterday, but still no email confirmation. I haven’t seen anyone else mention that predicament yet. 
    Also charged for full amount but no email! Looked in spam and trash and junk. Those of you who scored tix... who was the email from?
    if nothing is everything......
    I'll have it all!
  • mebotsmebots SeattlePosts: 14
    fsu2626 said:
    Looks to be some decent deals for hotels here https://lasvegas.electricdaisycarnival.com/travel/hotels/
    That is crazy. So much cheaper.  Thanks!
    Really is some great value but just a tiny word of caution (and I guess this could apply anywhere) but my understanding is that that the EDC crowd will be intense.  My buddy works for LN (old dude like me in early 40's - ha ha) and has to go to this every year: basically he said the EDC kids come home anywhere from 3-7am and party in their rooms all day … and never go to sleep.  I guess what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!  To each his own of course but I think we are going to keep our reservation at Aria (wasn't terrible with the MGM Grand Rewards discount) as I hear its a bit tamer / quieter over there (and looks super nice.)  I do agree, really solid options / prices with the EDC link.  It's going to be a blast no matter what!!  GL everyone!
    Totally agree. EDC crowd will be intense. After all, EDC is the largest North American music festival with close to 300,000k attendees all 3 nights (Fri, Sat, Sun)... However, we are cut from the same cloth. Music moves us. Just as much as I've never met a bad Pearl Jam fan in all my year of attending concerts, I doubt you will find a nicer group of open-minded people from EDC 

  • mebotsmebots SeattlePosts: 14
    PJNB said:
    Hoping that the Golden Knights make it to the second round and somehow have a playoff home game on the 18th,19th or 21st. I might even hit up that EDC festival if they sell single days on the 21st. I have never been to something as crazy as that and might be fun to check out. 

    Anything else anyone local would suggest aside from the touristy stuff that is widely known or easily searchable?
    EDC releases single day tickets closer to the event. If you are decide to check it out, let me know. It's about a 30 minute taxi/uber ride from the strip all the way out to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I know it's not the type of music most people on this forum like, but it's an incredible experience to at least check out. 
Sign In or Register to comment.