Lost Dogs Vinyl $50

2»

Comments

• joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 316
    Was in St. Louis yesterday and stopped at Vintage Vinyl, they had a copy of Lost Dogs (bootleg) for around $50. They also had a some copies of Alice In Chains The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here  which got me super stoked at first as I love that album and want it on vinyl but alas it was a boot as well. Not paying $50 for a boot.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Important thing is to do your research, the coloured pressings are usually a giveaway. The hardest ones to tell are when the original release was just a lightweight black record in single pocket sleeve. If you look close enough you can often see the small print has lost bits or sharpness when it's been scanned. Saying that I've seen some poor quality sleeves on reissues. In Utero springs to mind.
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    And as always if the price seems to good to be true it is.  You aren't going to find a mint copy of Rain Dogs for $25 or any long expensive OOP record.  This isn't the good old days where you can find deals, literally everyone knows exactly how much stuff is worth.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,821
    apirk72 said:
    And as always if the price seems to good to be true it is.  You aren't going to find a mint copy of Rain Dogs for $25 or any long expensive OOP record.  This isn't the good old days where you can find deals, literally everyone knows exactly how much stuff is worth.

And we all know the smartest people at record stores aren't putting that rare OOP copy of a record on their regular rack for $30.

Oh no. It goes behind the glass for $300 or on eBay.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,703
    I walked into a record store one time and saw the AIC self titled record sitting on a shelf. I did a double take and checked it out, only to realize it was a boot. 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited March 2022
    apirk72 said:
    Occasionally I'll find a good deal. Usually online places that have a high turnover in stock and usually deal in books and cds.  Sometimes places that have one last copy of something that has recently sold out but haven't priced it at the going rate. Less than 5 years ago I bought a near mint genuine copy of Lost Dogs just browsing through an online store for less than £100gbp. Think it was about £95 plus postage. Even what I resold it for was probably a good price for someone.