Options

screw this solo shit...

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I agree....well not about the calf muscles. Yoga. :)

But I have never seen him solo and would really like to, as well.
    That being said, I am very glad he didn't do any ITW on this tour. My gf was shocked when I said that no, he didn't. It is a PJ show even though Ed is the one singing and talking and whatnot.

Yeah my wife has been trying to get me to do a little yoga-she is a yoga nut-but she balks at my very simple request-nudity ;):p

Ive heard EVs solos stuff, the covers, ITW and Id love to hear it live. Regardless of what PJ does.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Get_Right wrote:
    Yeah my wife has been trying to get me to do a little yoga-she is a yoga nut-but she balks at my very simple request-nudity ;):p

Ive heard EVs solos stuff, the covers, ITW and Id love to hear it live. Regardless of what PJ does.
    Depending on her body type, some things could get in the way of getting into certain poses....it is best to wear minimal clothing. :p
    Unless you are getting all kama sutra with her....but that is not for here.

Anyway..here's to eddie solo!
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    mt_wrxmt_wrx Posts: 33
    you simply cannot compare. You cannot walk into an EV solo show and expect to get PJ, and visa versa.

Part of the amazing experience of the solo shows was (and will hopefully continue to be) is the asthetic and intimacy that you seem to 'share' with Eddie. He interacts with the crowd, his stage setup screams of his personal style (with tributes to the band surrounding him), and puts on a substantial set. You also get to realize how much better he's become on guitar and how much he really 'feels' the lyrics on a lot of the songs he plays. After seeing his shows, I could go back and say that it felt like one of your friends breaking out his guitar over a bonfire, telling stories and playing/singing epic songs.

PJ shows... Completely different. The music, the crowds, the vibe. It just doesn't compare. PJ is always high energy. BUT, after seeing EV solo, I can see how the improvements he's made to his music and how he has grown his songs outside of PJ, it has ultimately made the band seem more musically tight on this tour.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    after seing the full band,,who the hell wants to see eddie alone ??

give me my band

j i know you're not keen on ed's solo stuff but don't pass up on going to one of his shows...yea it's mellow and you have to sit for most of the show but there isn't a lack of intensity....ed puts the same amount of focus and energy into the solo shows as he does with the band :)
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    mt_wrx wrote:
    you simply cannot compare. You cannot walk into an EV solo show and expect to get PJ, and visa versa.

Part of the amazing experience of the solo shows was (and will hopefully continue to be) is the asthetic and intimacy that you seem to 'share' with Eddie. He interacts with the crowd, his stage setup screams of his personal style (with tributes to the band surrounding him), and puts on a substancial set. You also get to realize how much better he's become on guitar and how much he really 'feels' the lyrics on a lot of the songs he plays. After seeing his shows, I could go back and say that it felt like one of your friends breaking out his guitar over a bonfire, telling stories and playing/singing epic songs.

PJ shows... Completely different. The music, the crowds, the vibe. It just doesn't compare. PJ is always high energy. BUT, after seeing EV solo, I can see how the improvements he's made to his music and how he has grown his songs outside of PJ, it has ultimately made the band seem more musically tight on this tour.

This is a great post...you hit the nail on the head when you said "share". Seeing an Ed solo show is like hanging out in his basement, chatting and listening to some great tunes. The intimacy of those shows was just incredible. Obviously its no the high energy experience that PJ provides, its completely different, but equally compelling.

That said, i hope all you East coasters decide to stay home to give me better odds at catching another one of these shows :-)
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    So, you'll be passing on any potential NY solo Ed dates?

I like seeing the full band as much as anybody, but will not pass this up. I kicked myself for not going out west before, and won't miss it again.

not at all i already ordered front row at the borgata ,,but it isnt gonna be the same

after 4-5 songs im gonna expect the band,,, and they wont be there
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I agree....well not about the calf muscles. Yoga. :)

But I have never seen him solo and would really like to, as well.
    That being said, I am very glad he didn't do any ITW on this tour. My gf was shocked when I said that no, he didn't. It is a PJ show even though Ed is the one singing and talking and whatnot.
    he did Guaranteed at VA Beach :)

http://www.pearljam.com/tour/setlist.php?date=200806172000
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    and someone handed me a copy of the april 15th solo show in front of msg

i put it on when i got home...and all i did was fast forward every other song
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I guess it would be cool to see Ed solo, but I'd much prefer the band. It's cool to see Ed do solo songs during a PJ concert, but I don't know how thrilled I'd be seeing that for a whole 2 hrs. or more. It's just my personal preference. I'm not a big folk music kinda guy. Gimme some good old PJ grunge and I'm satisfied.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    jxchambjxchamb Posts: 55
    Uh, mark me down as a person who wants to see Eddie solo. And for that matter I'd see any member of the band solo. Hell, I'd listen Stone read the ingredients from the back of a cereal box.
    I heard some of Eddie's April Fools tour and I can't freaking wait to see him.
    Not as excited as my girlfriend will be but that's a whole 'nother ball of wax that I don't want to get into.
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Unless he plays a gig here at the Palace, I won't be goin. I'll wait for the whole band experience.....
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,321
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    not at all i already ordered front row at the borgata ,,but it isnt gonna be the same

Waaaaaaah.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

:eek:
    What are you talking about Willis?
    You already ordered tix?
    :(
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Play the palace theater in Albany......please my bank account can't deal with much more traveling!!!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Give me a new album instead.

yeah no doubt give me new tunes ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    :eek:
    What are you talking about Willis?
    You already ordered tix?
    :(

u know my friend works in the box office
  • Options
    yeah no doubt give me new tunes ....

well i didnt mention this in the op

but yes with eddie on the road...the band cant get together to record

i know he will be gone only 1 month or so ....
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    u know my friend works in the box office
    Yeah, well my brother owns the place so you may just have to settle for 2nd row...especially since you don't really want to be there..;)
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Yeah, well my brother owns the place so you may just have to settle for 2nd row...especially since you don't really want to be there..;)

well we will be sitting next to each other than
  • Options
    i agree with you. after seeing them twice, i just want MORE!!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    I need my fix of Into the Wild tracks, and Ed solo is the only way to do it.
  • Options
    um, i just need a PJ fix... and i will take anything i can get at this point! that being said, the into the wild stuff is fucking genius, and to see ed play it would be brilliant ( i imagine..... *sigh*)

in conclusion, BRING THE BOYS TO TORONTO!
    * Molson Amphitheatre - June 28, 2003
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 19, 2005
    * Eddie Vedder- Massey Hall- Aug 12, 2008
    * Molson Amphitheatre - Aug 21, 2009
    * HSBC Arena - May 10, 2010
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 11 2011
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 12 2011

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,733
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    well we will be sitting next to each other than

time out. aren't you the guy who started this "Screw the solo shit" thread?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    time out. aren't you the guy who started this "Screw the solo shit" thread?

yes ,,but i also will go to a show for the hell of it

i can tell eddie to go back to the studio from the front
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,733
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    yes ,,but i also will go to a show for the hell of it

i can tell eddie to go back to the studio from the front

ok, and do you think you'll enjoy the show?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ok, and do you think you'll enjoy the show?

i didnt say i wouldnt ..sure i would much rather pj but a solo show will be alright because i can go get drinks and piss w/ out worrying about missing everything

im sure its awesome,,but i just want the whole band

but like i said the april 15th boot,, i did skip thru the songs

plus the sets were pretty much the same
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,919
    LA Wiltern #2 was amazing with Jack Irons and Ben Harper. It was a great show. However, I'd rather they record in the studio. You (East Coast) had enough attention lately. Lets focus on the album.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    Howsabout we let Ed decide?
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Isnt it GA at the borgata?
    ;)
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Isnt it GA at the borgata?

The main, larger room (that PJ played in 2005) was mostly GA with seating in the back. I guess they could put chairs in there for Ed, but it's not a great venue for him -- it's an extremely wide stage.