Options

Pearl Jam - Live on Two Legs - 2LP Clear Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    For those of you that bought this at Easy Street. I see that they still have stock, was wondering if the ones you bought were MRP or United. Hoping they are all the same and would order one from them if it is MRP.
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited June 2022
    MedozK said:
    For those of you that bought this at Easy Street. I see that they still have stock, was wondering if the ones you bought were MRP or United. Hoping they are all the same and would order one from them if it is MRP.
    From disogs regarding the gold:
    “can confirm MRP in the dead wax.”

it appears there is a NL and MRP for the gold so you may get it anyway and the numbers for the gold may be way higher than we think with 2 plants 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    MS149515MS149515 Chicago Posts: 178
    My RSD copy is from MRP and sounded fine but there is some haze in the runoff area on LP 1, and a peeling label on LP 2. I don’t care enough to go exchange and risk a United copy. 
  • Options
    js87130js87130 Posts: 88
    I see most people are talking about the wax but I noticed a difference between the Original and New MRP gatefolds. OG is on the left and is a little more matte texture than the glossier new one. Also the lettering seems to be brighter. The red “LIVE” on the original cover pops out more. And the tracklist on the back of the original is much easier to read. Then again my eyes are deteriorating with age. 😬 No complaints with the repress. (I have an MRP). Just noticed these differences. Love the reissue. I was in Chicago for that opening Corduroy. The opening lick still gives me chills. Love the sound. I wish all bootlegs had the sound of LO2L. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    js87130 said:
    I see most people are talking about the wax but I noticed a difference between the Original and New MRP gatefolds. OG is on the left and is a little more matte texture than the glossier new one. Also the lettering seems to be brighter. The red “LIVE” on the original cover pops out more. And the tracklist on the back of the original is much easier to read. Then again my eyes are deteriorating with age. 😬 No complaints with the repress. (I have an MRP). Just noticed these differences. Love the reissue. I was in Chicago for that opening Corduroy. The opening lick still gives me chills. Love the sound. I wish all bootlegs had the sound of LO2L. 
    Me too & in KC for Nothingman 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
    I wonder how many gold copies there are. It's been over a week.  :o.   
  • Options
    AA295481AA295481 Posts: 101
    edited June 2022
    demetrios said:
    I've wondered the same thing as well, I've seen sompe posts where the numbers of pressings were 3,000. Perhaps there is truth to that number, or maybe not. I tend to believe 3,000 is plausible. If there are only 3,000 pressings. 10c has done a lot of things recently to reduce the access to their music by limiting the purcase to 1, which reduces flipping, I totally get that, and have no problem with it. Before if somone orderd 10 or so copies of their music. They would usually end up on Ebay for a fortune. I think they are still up there for a few reasons.
    1) people have already gotten the reguar clear pressings at their regular independant record store, thefore eliminating the need for the gold
        copies.
    2) Shipping costs have skyrocketed as well, and with inflation what it is , Disposable incomes have dropped as well.

Post edited by AA295481 on
  • Options
    desolatejoydesolatejoy London Posts: 248
    js87130 said:
    I thought my eyes deceived me when I saw someone else post pics of the two together (OG & Repress), but not mention the colouring difference. 
    Thanks for confirming my suspicions 😊👍🏻
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • Options
    AA295481 said:
    demetrios said:
    I've wondered the same thing as well, I've seen sompe posts where the numbers of pressings were 3,000. Perhaps there is truth to that number, or maybe not. I tend to believe 3,000 is plausible. If there are only 3,000 pressings. 10c has done a lot of things recently to reduce the access to their music by limiting the purcase to 1, which reduces flipping, I totally get that, and have no problem with it. Before if somone orderd 10 or so copies of their music. They would usually end up on Ebay for a fortune. I think they are still up there for a few reasons.
    1) people have already gotten the reguar clear pressings at their regular independant record store, thefore eliminating the need for the gold
        copies.
    2) Shipping costs have skyrocketed as well, and with inflation what it is , Disposable incomes have dropped as well.

It's gotta be over 3000 gold edition. Just like when they say there are only 2000 of the Euro pressing of LOTL RSD release clear vinyl.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Always like the matt black on the sleeves of Yield, LO2L, Binaural and Riot Act. Did wonder if it would be glossier on this.
  • Options
    js87130 said:
    I thought my eyes deceived me when I saw someone else post pics of the two together (OG & Repress), but not mention the colouring difference. 
    Thanks for confirming my suspicions 😊👍🏻
    OG is a tiny bit wider if the tightness getting them into the same size sleeve is any indicator 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    Spinning mine from easy street and boy does it sound amazing!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Spinning mine from easy street and boy does it sound amazing!!!

We spun our copy from Taz Records and it sounds great!
    Gold vinyl just landed in BC.
    Euro pressing should arrive by next week.
  • Options
    mandarine65mandarine65 Posts: 133
    Blessed to have landed a MRP clear, sounds amazing. Can't say that for my coke No Code, side B is just non-stop pops, just crap.
  • Options

• Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,598
    European Press has a black top and bottom lining, US version is white.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    js87130 said:
    Will check mine. But could it be the original artwork uses Pantone for the RED to have it pop? While the re-release missed that and/or cheapened out and just went with CMYK?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    European Press has a black top and bottom lining, US version is white.
    Good to know. Thanks!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    Gold vinyl arrived from 10c today.  :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    USA & Euro releases.

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,997
    I got my gold vinyl today as well. Haven't listened yet.
  • Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 674
    Different UPC barcodes
    Paul D.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    dugangsxr said:
    Different UPC barcodes
    Yep.

clear (US) top, gold bottom 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,244
    Gold arrived on Long Island 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    dugangsxr said:
    Different UPC barcodes
    Yep.

Do we have confirmations of two different plants pressing the Gold. Thought I had seen MPO and MRP.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    MedozK said:
    dugangsxr said:
    Different UPC barcodes
    Yep.

Do we have confirmations of two different plants pressing the Gold. Thought I had seen MPO and MRP.
    I haven’t actually seen MPO which I assume is NL in the runout just heard that there are two as someone said they also had the MRP gold. Haven’t seen a pic though 

haven’t opened mine yet 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Mine just arrived, in Nova Scotia.  :o 
  • Options
    GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 231
    demetrios said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Got the NL today in southern Ontario. Probably the quickest shipping I’ve had from 10C
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 480
    demetrios said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Curse of Oak Island finally solved?
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014