Options

First time going to Las Vegas

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
Have a professional conference this week. I’m not a gambler, never once even tried. Someone told me to put $100 on red, $5 on 21, 22, 23, 25 and 29. One spin. 
www.cluthelee.com

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    Keep the money and tell them they lost
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    hookers and blow.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    hookers and blow.
    Married man of 22 years, plenty of hot sex happening and 2 daughters under the age of 10. Also T1D, so drugs are a no go. Thanks for the offer though! 😉
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    hookers and blow.
    Married man of 22 years, plenty of hot sex happening and 2 daughters under the age of 10. Also T1D, so drugs are a no go. Thanks for the offer though! 😉

what happens in vegas stays in vegas

seriously though, look into one of the Cirque shows.

We saw Ka at MGM when we were there a few years ago. fantastic....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    Ya I'd recommend a Cirque show as well.  We saw the Beatles Love at the Mirage.  Great show!

There's also tons of great restaurants everywhere you look.  The Shopps at Ceasars is a good place to take the family as well. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Take a walk through the Venetian. 
  • Options
    MGM has a hotdog place called Nathans.  Go try one of those hot dogs please and report back.

See the Sirens at Treasure Island, fountains at Bellagio, walk down Fairmont st now that it's covered.

Maybe go to Pawn Stars shop just to see it.

Those are my recommendations.

You should really do a Hoover Dam tour too.  That would be on top of my list.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    MGM has a hotdog place called Nathans.  Go try one of those hot dogs please and report back.

Or maybe could try a Nathan's at a million mall food courts or in Coney Island.  =)

We did the Hoover Dam tour when I was out there like 20 years ago. Was interesting, but since it's a drive obviously depends on if they are renting a car (though I imagine there's [probably also bus tours to it)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Beatles Love at Mirage for sure

Titanic exhibit at the Luxor is cool.

Avoid peak dining times....eat dinner at 430p then grab fast food later 

Avoid the bus...I think it's called the Deuce. Opt for uber if you want to go to Fremont St...which you should definitely visit.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    LN241653LN241653 Cambridge Posts: 163
    Without wanting to hijack this thread I’d be really interested in any recommendations, coming from the uk(my stag do) for my very first visit to America and I cannot wait, restaurants, things to do day and night and if there’s anywhere that’s plays some good old rock then that would be a bonus. Also things to avoid.
  • Options
    LN241653 said:
    Without wanting to hijack this thread I’d be really interested in any recommendations, coming from the uk(my stag do) for my very first visit to America and I cannot wait, restaurants, things to do day and night and if there’s anywhere that’s plays some good old rock then that would be a bonus. Also things to avoid.
    No worries! I won't have much time on my hands with the conference and all, but thanks for the rec's! I'm more interested in thoughts on this weird gambling advice.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    If I ever go my plans are:
    -Raiders game
    -drive to Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam

other than that I have no clue what I’d do in Vegas.  My wife and I don’t gamble lol
  • Options
    -Raiders game

other than that I have no clue what I’d do in Vegas.  My wife and I don’t gamble lol

hiking in the desert. theres some beautiful spots to the nw.

of course the shows are a great draw. Cirque, Comedy, Music act residencies. Hockey now,

• Options
    LN241653 said:
    No worries! I won't have much time on my hands with the conference and all, but thanks for the rec's! I'm more interested in thoughts on this weird gambling advice.
    You might just want to hang out at the roulette table for awhile and watch what happens. 

Or...download a blackjack app and learn how to play. Hit a $10 table (Fremont street might even still have some $5/tables) and drink for free for awhile.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Or maybe could try a Nathan's at a million mall food courts or in Coney Island.  =)

We did the Hoover Dam tour when I was out there like 20 years ago. Was interesting, but since it's a drive obviously depends on if they are renting a car (though I imagine there's [probably also bus tours to it)
    I don't think Nathans makes it out by him.  Isn't it an east coast thing?

I know he doesn't have a lot of time but Echo Bay was a cool spot when the water was there.  it would be interesting to see how much the water has receded over the years.
  • Options
    -Raiders game

We broke up a Vegas trip by going to the GC for a day before. We stayed in Williams, AZ for a night and hit the GC with a tour in the am. I would recommend a tour of the south side. The west side is closest to LV but our research led us to the south side.

• Options
    -Raiders game

We broke up a Vegas trip by going to the GC for a day before. We stayed in Williams, AZ for a night and hit the GC with a tour in the am. I would recommend a tour of the south side. The west side is closest to LV but our research led us to the south side.

Williams is one of my fav places out that way.  Jerome would be my first though.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Drink red bull vodkas and play blackjack until 8am.  The next day you feel like you're having a heart attack....it's a lot of fun!!
  • Options
    -Raiders game

Williams is one of my fav places out that way.  Jerome would be my first though.
    Jerome is the shit, and being only about 25 minutes from Sedona there's no shortage of places around there for great sightseeing. 

Probably too far from Vegas for OP being there on a conference though. 
  • Options
    -Raiders game

Jerome is the shit, and being only about 25 minutes from Sedona there's no shortage of places around there for great sightseeing. 

No doubt but it's good to name drop these places as ideas for others.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Definitely agree on seeing the Beatles show...we really enjoyed it.

We don't gamble a ton when we go either, but it's always fun to play slots and enjoy the free drinks. We like to watch people play craps...those groups tend to get really rowdy, which is fun.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    -Raiders game

Yeah, full vouch from me for the GC South rim / Sedona / Jerome area. 

That's God's country out there. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    -Raiders game

Yeah, full vouch from me for the GC South rim / Sedona / Jerome area. 

That's God's country out there. 
    Yup...absolutely stunning out there. Hoover Dam is really cool too, but I don't think Chris will have a car.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Check out the Volcano in front of The Mirage.  It goes off periodically in the evenings.  Also it's days are numbered since that property was just sold so enjoy it while you can!  

Someone mentioned walking through The Venetian earlier.  I recommend that as well.  Very cool place to see.  

• Options
    time honored and never goes out of style.

hookers and blow.

• Options
    Pinball Hall of Fame is also in Vegas.  Hundreds of machines to play if you like arcades/pinball. 

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Always split Aces and Eights.
  • Options
    Never play Blackjack at a 6:5 table.  Always play at a 3:2 table.  

• Options
    JojoRice said:
    If you go to the Bunny Ranch, watch out for Airforce Amy.  She will make you go broke!
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    If you go to the Bunny Ranch, watch out for Airforce Amy.  She will make you go broke!
    Hey Yoooooooooooo!