Pearl Jam - RearviewMirror (Walmart Exclusive) Vinyl

Comments

• AngryGregAngryGreg Posts: 70
    AngryGreg said:
    Got vol. 1 in the mail and...
    :#
    Ah damn! 🙁 Is the wonky label attached to the vinyl, or did it come loose when put on your turntable? 

The reason I ask is…

…Hard to see but the label isn’t flat & has bubbled. 
    Inner sleeve for this disc is split too. 
    I’ve contacted 10C & they have been very swift in saying they’ll rectify this once the final batch of RVM Vol. 1’s arrive. Let’s hope there’s not too many they need to replace! 🤞🏻

It's attached firmly to the parts where it overlaps the vinyl and not attached the the label underneath. I hoped I could peel it off, but it is on the record real good. I sent a pic to 10C and they told me the same thing. Looks like the label machine needs some servicing. :)
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,028
    Looks like I better open mine sooner rather than later
    Damn, both records on vol 2 are warped, the grey much worse than the black. Vol 1 is great. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    Both copies arrived from 10club today. :)

Lost Dogs reissue next?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    demetrios said:

Lost Dogs reissue next?

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Hawk123 said:
    Damn, both records on vol 2 are warped, the grey much worse than the black. Vol 1 is great. 
    I haven't opened mine yet. Time to open them this weekend to make sure that they're in decent shape!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    edited April 2022
    demetrios said:

Lost Dogs reissue next?

+1
  • desolatejoydesolatejoy Posts: 336
    AngryGreg said:
    AngryGreg said:
    Got vol. 1 in the mail and...
    :#
    Ah damn! 🙁 Is the wonky label attached to the vinyl, or did it come loose when put on your turntable? 

The reason I ask is…

…Hard to see but the label isn’t flat & has bubbled. 
    Inner sleeve for this disc is split too. 
    I’ve contacted 10C & they have been very swift in saying they’ll rectify this once the final batch of RVM Vol. 1’s arrive. Let’s hope there’s not too many they need to replace! 🤞🏻

It's attached firmly to the parts where it overlaps the vinyl and not attached the the label underneath. I hoped I could peel it off, but it is on the record real good. I sent a pic to 10C and they told me the same thing. Looks like the label machine needs some servicing. :)
    It’s made me wonder how the final package gets put together. You’d assume that the records get put in the sleeves by hand, so as to avoid any splitting (but maybe this is done by machine 🤷🏻‍♂️), & that a quality check would happen then. 
    Just strange that an obvious fault like the label on yours can make it to market! 

Still, makes me appreciate the effort 10C, the band & the companies they work with have put into their more recent releases. Right down to 10C packaging vinyl with extra sleeves to cover any damage that may occur 👍🏻
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
    Hawk123 said:
    Oh no! How have you gone about rectifying the Vol 2 issue? 

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Mine are thankfully not warped.  Everything looks good and sounds normal for PJ vinyl
    Hawk123 said:
    I emailed 10C and they were great about it as always 
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:

Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Good to hear 👍🏻😊 
    My Vol. 2 is due to arrive this week, so keep em’ crossed for me that it’s made it across the ocean all a.o.k! 🤞🏻

• FlavafrazFlavafraz Posts: 416
    Anyone see what the chili peppers did with there new album. Putting out like 10 different color vinyl it’s really cool. If Pj did that they might sell a million copies in a week again and I’d be broke 
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,528
    Flavafraz said:
    Anyone see what the chili peppers did with there new album. Putting out like 10 different color vinyl it’s really cool. If Pj did that they might sell a million copies in a week again and I’d be broke 
    Seems like just a cash grab to get diehards to buy every color.
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2022
    Flavafraz said:
    I’ve got 2

guilty 

TBH the real cash grab is the pre order shipping.  If it’s arriving a week or two after release, you go buy one at a store. That’s why I have 2.  Somehow the stores get them in time for release dates, pre orders never ever seem to 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    Flavafraz said:
    I’ve got 2

guilty 

TBH the real cash grab is the pre order shipping.  If it’s arriving a week or two after release, you go buy one at a store. That’s why I have 2.  Somehow the stores get them in time for release dates, pre orders never ever seem to 
    Yep, I ordered two that haven't even seen the inside of a shipping center/vehicle yet, so I blocked off time to go to the record store later today (hopefully!) so that I can actually listen to it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Flavafraz said:

I totally would of bought all 10 variants. Please don't give any ideas to Pearl Jam Co. ;)
  • Flavafraz said:
    I got this one and the lakers version

That’s the CD right? Or did I miss the signed vinyl.  If so ouch that one’s going to be not fun to track down 
  • That’s the CD right? Or did I miss the signed vinyl.  If so ouch that one’s going to be not fun to track down 
    Vinyl but it wasn’t sold. My sister works for the band. 
    That’s the CD right? Or did I miss the signed vinyl.  If so ouch that one’s going to be not fun to track down 
    Vinyl but it wasn’t sold. My sister works for the band. 
    That’s awesome 👍 
    Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    So we’ve got to destroy the damaged parts of these records to get replacements…totally understand why, but can’t shake the feeling that it’s sacrilege! 😭😊

Hawk123 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    So we’ve got to destroy the damaged parts of these records to get replacements…totally understand why, but can’t shake the feeling that it’s sacrilege! 😭😊
    I just cut through mine now to destroy them, it was stressful but I get why we have to do it 
    Now what will be Walmart's next Pearl Jam exclusive vinyl release?
  • Got mine. No issues on Vinyl 1. Haven’t listened to Vol 2 yet 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Anyone else outside the States looking? Will be driving over on Monday and can help once again.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • BigrfishBigrfish Posts: 260
    Spinning the black versions from Amazon.ca. They sound great.. No issues.. No noise. A bit tamer on the high end. Overall I'm impressed. Cheers... Enjoy the spin!