Options

2022 EV Tour Merch

Comments

• Options
    JS657493 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Not a massive fan of this one. Don't mind the colors. I like the framing and text but not gone on the main image. What's the significance with the flowers? Both seem to be the same flower but different colors.
    I believe the flowers are poppies which is kind of interesting. :) And it's so refreshing to have flowers instead of skulls for a change.
    Which is why the pocket full of Posies came to mind.

The poppies are wrapped around the empire state building like a ring around the rosie?

Too much?
    I hope not. Ring around the Rosie are the  circular sores on your  body you get when you have the plague . The pocket full of posies are to lessen the smell of death 

it’s quite a disturbing nursery rhyme.

But since the posters usually have skulls, maybe it’s not such a change of pace 😂
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,085
    IMO, bring on the attacks, but this looks like a poster we’ll see in the shop soon.  Max’s first and last. Not quite a baby brain but entirely unemotional and lifeless, stale even.  Probably had the whole image done and put Ed’s name on it when asked to do one.  Reminds me of the ship in a bottle poster.
    Not the best but they can’t all be fantastic. I’m a bit indifferent to it but will probably give it a skip when it drops on 10c. If all the posters were great all of us collectors would be bankrupt…
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945

• Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,040
    drfox said:
    IMO, bring on the attacks, but this looks like a poster we’ll see in the shop soon.  Max’s first and last. Not quite a baby brain but entirely unemotional and lifeless, stale even.  Probably had the whole image done and put Ed’s name on it when asked to do one.  Reminds me of the ship in a bottle poster.
    Not the best but they can’t all be fantastic. I’m a bit indifferent to it but will probably give it a skip when it drops on 10c. If all the posters were great all of us collectors would be bankrupt…
    Haha. Some judgement and discretion is necessary when making poster purchases unless you just buy em all
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    I think most things should be put in the shop... With enough of it to go around... Overwise you have to buy it on ebay at stupid prices.. 
  • Options

mrtsurt

NOW LIMITED TO (1) PER CUSTOMER BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE GREEDY.

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    demetrios said:

mrtsurt

NOW LIMITED TO (1) PER CUSTOMER BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE GREEDY.

Right on. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,456
    I’m glad they’re going to enforce a limit.  But honestly… they should have been doing this long ago.  Having a two poster limit but not actually making sure the venue employees enforced it was the problem here all along. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,436
    @OceansJenny I think I saw you 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,194
    igotid88 said:
    You may have! I got out of there around 4.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    demetrios said:

I could not resist this Silver Surfer inspired shirt!  Now if only Marvel could do him justice on the big screen.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    How much are the generic 22’ tour posters? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    How much are the generic 22’ tour posters? 
    $40
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    You may have! I got out of there around 4.
    Yea
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Groda03Groda03 Posts: 140
    Merch line tonight was a breeze.  In at 430, out at 5.  Everything available. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    Groda03 said:
    Hopefully the same in Chicago!
  • Options

• Options
    JS657493 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Not a massive fan of this one. Don't mind the colors. I like the framing and text but not gone on the main image. What's the significance with the flowers? Both seem to be the same flower but different colors.
    I believe the flowers are poppies which is kind of interesting. :) And it's so refreshing to have flowers instead of skulls for a change.

The poppies are wrapped around the empire state building like a ring around the rosie?

Too much?
    I reached out to Evangeline and here's what they said (and they specifically said feel free to share): "For Eddie Vedder's Earthlings tour, the creative director shared some insight that it was based around ideas of all being inhabitants of earth during times of division. They also wanted to possibly reference New York City or the show venue in the poster imagery.

Based on those notes, most of my sketches combined the city with elements of nature. I had a few sketches with ideas like a subway car filled with tropical fish, or the Beacon Theatre with flowers and vines. Ultimately the empire state blooming with flowers ended up being the favorite and fitting the brief the best! There wasn't a ton of reasoning behind choosing poppies at the time (besides that I like drawing them), but they are a symbol of peace and remembrance which I also think suits the theme of coming together in divisive times. :)"

Me again: Pretty cool. Bet we see more from Evangeline Gallagher in the future.
    NOLA Jazz Fest 2010
    Music Midtown Atlanta 2012
    Bon Secours Greenville, SC 2016
    Colonial Life Columbia, SC 2016
    Fenway Park Boston, MA N1 & 2 2018
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    demetrios said:

Probably much easier to police at a theater show vs a PJ show or a festival.  Sounds like posters won’t be on the 2nd floor anymore either so they can totally watch things.  
  • Options
    Groda03 said:
    Damn we just can’t hit it right. Yesterday my husband showed up at 4:30 and we got stuck there until doors at 6:30. Today I showed up at 2:30 and froze my ass until 4. 

I’m glad for you it was quick and breezy - weather today suuuuckeddd.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    PushinFwdBackPushinFwdBack Red Bank, NJ Posts: 39
    JS657493 said:
    JS657493 said:
    Kearn5y said:

Too much?
    I reached out to Evangeline and here's what they said (and they specifically said feel free to share): "For Eddie Vedder's Earthlings tour, the creative director shared some insight that it was based around ideas of all being inhabitants of earth during times of division. They also wanted to possibly reference New York City or the show venue in the poster imagery.

Based on those notes, most of my sketches combined the city with elements of nature. I had a few sketches with ideas like a subway car filled with tropical fish, or the Beacon Theatre with flowers and vines. Ultimately the empire state blooming with flowers ended up being the favorite and fitting the brief the best! There wasn't a ton of reasoning behind choosing poppies at the time (besides that I like drawing them), but they are a symbol of peace and remembrance which I also think suits the theme of coming together in divisive times. :)"

Me again: Pretty cool. Bet we see more from Evangeline Gallagher in the future.
    This is very cool, thanks for sharing.  Those posters are gorgeous.
    1996 Randall's Island II
    2003 MSG I
    2013 Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philly I 
    2018 Fenway Park I
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now - Asbury Park, NJ
    2022 Newark (EV), Camden

• Options
    Anyone able to help out to grab a Zippo?  Will cover cost, shipping to Canada and something extra for your troubles vs having to go the eBay route. Thanks! 

"words and music...keep me floating along" - Jeff Ament
    Tor 93 - Tor 96 - Barrie 98 - Tor 00 - Buffalo 03 - Tor 03 - Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Tor - 05 - Tor 06 - EV Massey Hall I & II Tor 09, Chicago 09, Cleveland 10, Buffalo 10, Tor I & II 2011 - Hamilton 2011 - Vancouver 2011 - Wrigley 13 - Buffalo 13 - Ottawa 16 - Toronto I & II 2016 Fenway 2016 Night 2 - Wrigley 18 I & II - Hamilton & Toronto 2022
  • Options
    artforbwartforbw 60647 Posts: 126
    demetrios said:

Is this more for watching the people selling the merch, that they are sticking to the restrictions when selling?
    Because wouldn't the only way someone could leave with a "stack of posters" would be if they were sold a stack of posters?
    Regardless... glad they intend to be strict with the purchase limits.
  • Options
    First time back inside the Beacon since a class trip I believe. Before that watching the first Summer Slam on Closed Circuit TV
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    First time back inside the Beacon since a class trip I believe. Before that watching the first Summer Slam on Closed Circuit TV
    I forgot that venues used to host PPV parties.  The good old days...
  • Options
    ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    artforbw said:
    demetrios said:

Is this more for watching the people selling the merch, that they are sticking to the restrictions when selling?
    Because wouldn't the only way someone could leave with a "stack of posters" would be if they were sold a stack of posters?
    Regardless... glad they intend to be strict with the purchase limits.
    Perhaps the people selling the merch are employees of the venue, rather than employees of Tsurt, so then Tsurt does have to keep an eye on the people working the booths.
  • Options
    Price of the umbrellas, shirts and zippos?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Todays poster was still available after the show! That’s a first. Tour poster was gone though. 

Can’t believe I froze myself for 2 hours. 😩
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,131
    Wish I was hitting a show but gotta save my vacation days for PJ tour. The merch looks great and I would definitely be snagging a bunch of items. Hopefully they have some left over for the shop. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    CopperTom said:
    demetrios said:

I could not resist this Silver Surfer inspired shirt!  Now if only Marvel could do him justice on the big screen.
    This woulda been a cool poster