Ukraine

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    dankind said:
    jpgoegel said:
    guess that means a certain someone isn't heading over to Russia anytime soon  :D
    I haven’t been out of my basement in years. Cheeto coated fingers make it difficult to turn door locks and knobs. Plus, I’m not sure that I could push open the bulkhead.
    I think he meant trump.....
    I take everything personally.
    Narcissist.
    I've heard many people call me that. Many people. In fact, the most people ever.
    isn't it narcissistic week?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,288
    dankind said:
    jpgoegel said:
    guess that means a certain someone isn't heading over to Russia anytime soon  :D
    I haven’t been out of my basement in years. Cheeto coated fingers make it difficult to turn door locks and knobs. Plus, I’m not sure that I could push open the bulkhead.
    I think he meant trump.....
    I take everything personally.
    Narcissist.
    I've heard many people call me that. Many people. In fact, the most people ever.
    isn't it narcissistic week?
    Who are you calling weak? You must think my name is Brandon?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,346
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    Solid move to ban Russian oil…it seems anyhow. How I wish we had a president that could communicate though. Seems like forever.
    I worked in the Oil & Gas industry mainly in Pipeline and Logistics for 30 years... recently retired from one of the biggest companies...If I mentioned the name, you'd know it..... 

I can tell you without hesitation this is a BS move. In 30 years I never heard of 1 drop of Russian oil going to any refineries in the US. 

Dealt with oil from many countries.... NEVER RUSSIA

Total BS... 

It made oil prices go up, so it did something...

I saw a chart that we import like 8% of all crude we take in.  THAT makes oil jump up a friggin dollar in price?

Like @Halifax2TheMax said earlier, watch record profits from the oil companies post later.
    Well yeah.  Their cost to drill the oil didn't go up.  So every increase in the crude price per barrel is upside for them.  
    The percentage that we acquire should not justify an increase like that...
    This is the commodities market. It's speculative.   There certainly doesn't need to be reason.  
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,611
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I'll ask again....if a guy is illegally invading another country...what's to stop him from using illegal means to do so? I mean, it's absurd to me that there are "rules" to mass murder. 

www.headstonesband.com

I'll ask again....if a guy is illegally invading another country...what's to stop him from using illegal means to do so? I mean, it's absurd to me that there are "rules" to mass murder. 
    I wouldn't considering two armies fighting as mass murder.  When you involve civilians,  that's a different story
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    edited March 2022
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down

www.headstonesband.com

edited March 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    I wouldn't considering two armies fighting as mass murder.  When you involve civilians,  that's a different story
    but this isn't a mutual fight. this is a murderous tyrant trying to take what isn't his, and killing everyone in his path. that, to me, is mass murder. 

and they have involved civilians. 

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1 said:
    but this isn't a mutual fight. this is a murderous tyrant trying to take what isn't his, and killing everyone in his path. that, to me, is mass murder. 

and they have involved civilians. 
    the rules are "you can get away with anything, until you can't". meaning feel free to invade someone until somebody stops you.

putin will continue to act like this until he is personally stopped. meaning stripped of power or the ukranians bomb his palace and kill him. he is fully committed.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889

Post Of The Year
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    Solid move to ban Russian oil…it seems anyhow. How I wish we had a president that could communicate though. Seems like forever.
    I worked in the Oil & Gas industry mainly in Pipeline and Logistics for 30 years... recently retired from one of the biggest companies...If I mentioned the name, you'd know it..... 

I can tell you without hesitation this is a BS move. In 30 years I never heard of 1 drop of Russian oil going to any refineries in the US. 

Total BS... 

I saw a chart that we import like 8% of all crude we take in.  THAT makes oil jump up a friggin dollar in price?

Like @Halifax2TheMax said earlier, watch record profits from the oil companies post later.
    Well yeah.  Their cost to drill the oil didn't go up.  So every increase in the crude price per barrel is upside for them.  
    This is the commodities market. It's speculative.   There certainly doesn't need to be reason.  
    Well put, very true.  I should invest in the futures...
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:

Total BS... 

It took a dive today.  But you have to ask why? The only news was that UAE promised to consider pumping more.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:

Total BS... 

It took a dive today.  But you have to ask why? The only news was that UAE promised to consider pumping more.  
    Conflict can carry on a while longer and people get panicked again.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,484
    The pictures im seeing today break my heart.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:

Total BS... 

Yes everything is going to be volatile until there's some resolution 
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    What kind of sick person bombs a children's hospital?
    What kind of sick person bombs a children's hospital?
    A sick fuck named Putin 

www.headstonesband.com

edited March 2022
    Its so disgraceful  this is such a lovely  country and good people.  Its just  fucking disgusting 
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Now there is a fear/talk of chemical and biological  weapons being used. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,165
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:

Total BS... 

Yes everything is going to be volatile until there's some resolution 
    So get ready for a long ride this is going to have implications for years to come! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    myoung321 said:

Total BS... 

What’s also funny is after every spike in price it takes forever to go down. The reason I always hear from oil companies is that the supply is a few months behind, it takes time to refine and distribute, so when oil prices drop it takes a few months to see that effect at the pump. The funny thing is I never see it the other way around. It takes hours of oil prices going up to see it reflected at the pump. 
    May be a first, Tempo, Halifax and me all agree on something, record profits for oil companies will surely come.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,074

Hey @Meltdown99 I need you here man. Post something disparaging about your country or Truedau. ASAP.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097

Hey @Meltdown99 I need you here man. Post something disparaging about your country or Truedau. ASAP.
    Something tells me you'll fish your wish shortly :) 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    mace1229 said:
    myoung321 said:

Total BS... 

What’s also funny is after every spike in price it takes forever to go down. The reason I always hear from oil companies is that the supply is a few months behind, it takes time to refine and distribute, so when oil prices drop it takes a few months to see that effect at the pump. The funny thing is I never see it the other way around. It takes hours of oil prices going up to see it reflected at the pump. 
    May be a first, Tempo, Halifax and me all agree on something, record profits for oil companies will surely come.
    Oh yeah for sure. Its complete BS how fast prices can rise at the pump.
    I remember when Katrina hit, they said how it would affect gas/oil prices. The next morning driving to work all the gas stations on my drive had jumped like 60 cents from the day before. There's no way that they were selling gas that was affected by the storm.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    edited March 2022
    Poncier said:
    mace1229 said:
    myoung321 said:

Total BS... 

Oh yeah for sure. Its complete BS how fast prices can rise at the pump.
    I remember when Katrina hit, they said how it would affect gas/oil prices. The next morning driving to work all the gas stations on my drive had jumped like 60 cents from the day before. There's no way that they were selling gas that was affected by the storm.
    They use a LIFO (last in first out) pricing system. So prices will move quickly based on what the oil companies are purchasing oil for that day. 

It's still bullshit because the element of competition is gone with gasoline. They should all be regulated like a utility.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,730
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14