Options

RIP Bob Saget

2»

Comments

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,596
    You wonder how long it took for the kid and his parents to stop thinking about the what-if?
    I know his Mom and I am pretty sure she still thinks about it. He is a Sophomore, but my guess is that his football playing days are over even if he would be cleared by doctors. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    You wonder how long it took for the kid and his parents to stop thinking about the what-if?
    yeah...very lucky. I can't imagine having to deal with that.

Fatal accidents and timing/coincidence kind of fascinate me. A few years ago two high school kids were killed on Prom night in our county.

They were driving on country roads from one of their houses to the other so that the girl's mom could take pictures of them before they went to Prom. This was at like 5pm or something.  The young man was driving and blew through a stop sign and got side swiped killing them both.  It was a high speed accident.

What if the mom had just taken a few more pictures? What if she would have hugged him before he left just a few seconds longer?  

That stuff would drive me insane and I hope I never have to deal with it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    My cousin passed away a few months ago from the same thing.  Stupid freak accident.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648

Fatal accidents and timing/coincidence kind of fascinate me. A few years ago two high school kids were killed on Prom night in our county.

They were driving on country roads from one of their houses to the other so that the girl's mom could take pictures of them before they went to Prom. This was at like 5pm or something.  The young man was driving and blew through a stop sign and got side swiped killing them both.  It was a high speed accident.

What if the mom had just taken a few more pictures? What if she would have hugged him before he left just a few seconds longer?  

That is just terrible. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,108

I'm the same. my first thought whenever I heard of something like this is exactly the same as you....everything they did in life up to the point brought them to that very moment. If just one, meaningless, miniscule thing had been different....they'd still be alive. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Guy I went to school with had the same thing happen. Fell off his camper while cleaning it and was cleared by doctors. Few weeks later he collapsed and never woke up. 

Head injuries aren’t to be messed with so if you have one or you roll your eyes when your kid has to do a concussion test for something seemingly minor keep this kinda stuff in mind. 
  • Options
    so he had an enlarged heart, 95% blocked, some anti-anxiety meds in his system, but no booze or illegal drugs, and covid positive (which he stated in December). 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I'm the same. my first thought whenever I heard of something like this is exactly the same as you....everything they did in life up to the point brought them to that very moment. If just one, meaningless, miniscule thing had been different....they'd still be alive. 
    Anxiety over that mentality is flawed and ignores the fact that people also have probably lived a multitude of experiences where if just one, meaningless, miniscule thing had been different, they may have been dead sooner and their free will kept them alive.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Anxiety over that mentality is flawed and ignores the fact that people also have probably lived a multitude of experiences where if just one, meaningless, miniscule thing had been different, they may have been dead sooner and their free will kept them alive.
    It doesn't ignore it at all. The anxiety is always after the fact.

If I cross the street and a car barely misses me I will remember that. And be stressed/anxious about it.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,445
    Just saw a dr from Atlanta disagree with the sheriffs conclusion that the damage to Bob Sagets skull was from an accident.  Front and back skull fractures, etc.  trying to find the article to post 
  • Options
    Just saw a dr from Atlanta disagree with the sheriffs conclusion that the damage to Bob Sagets skull was from an accident.  Front and back skull fractures, etc.  trying to find the article to post 
    I heard that....very strange. Multiple fractures

https://www.cbs17.com/news/bob-saget-autopsy-report-shows-multiple-fractures-hemorrhaging-near-brain/

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

https://www.cbs17.com/news/bob-saget-autopsy-report-shows-multiple-fractures-hemorrhaging-near-brain/

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

I can’t find the interview with the doctor who disputed the autopsy (wasn’t Sanjay Gupta) but after reading the results fully, 95% blockage on one side of heart, prescription drugs for seizures and depression plus had covid….maybe he fell twice(?) I wonder if the comments by the doctor who disputed it got pulled. 

• Options

I can’t find the interview with the doctor who disputed the autopsy (wasn’t Sanjay Gupta) but after reading the results fully, 95% blockage on one side of heart, prescription drugs for seizures and depression plus had covid….maybe he fell twice(?) I wonder if the comments by the doctor who disputed it got pulled. 

Ok well this probably explains it 
    https://www.tmz.com/2022/02/08/heather-mcdonald-fainting-collapsing-on-stage-video/
  • Options

Ok well this probably explains it 
    https://www.tmz.com/2022/02/08/heather-mcdonald-fainting-collapsing-on-stage-video/
    holy fuck. that's scary. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781

I 100% relate to this but don't ever do that to yourself.  I was in the car with my brother for about 45 minutes; he dropped me at the train station to pick up my car and within 2 minutes after dropping me off he collapsed in his vehicle and was not tended to for too long.  He was revived; placed on life support but it was too late, he lacked oxygen to his brain for too long.  I have relived over and over every second of that trip, you can drive yourself insane.  Did I miss a sign, did I do something to cause this?  Never do that to yourself.  Who knows the actions my brother took before picking me up that could have affected the outcome?.  No one.  It was his time, we all have one, I guess that awful night in December was just his time.
  • Options

I 100% relate to this but don't ever do that to yourself.  I was in the car with my brother for about 45 minutes; he dropped me at the train station to pick up my car and within 2 minutes after dropping me off he collapsed in his vehicle and was not tended to for too long.  He was revived; placed on life support but it was too late, he lacked oxygen to his brain for too long.  I have relived over and over every second of that trip, you can drive yourself insane.  Did I miss a sign, did I do something to cause this?  Never do that to yourself.  Who knows the actions my brother took before picking me up that could have affected the outcome?.  No one.  It was his time, we all have one, I guess that awful night in December was just his time.
    wow...very sorry

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648
    Wow, so the injury was similar to being hit with a bat or a 20-30 foot fall.

Crazy situation.  We may never know what happened (end of day not really our business anyway).
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I’m reading a lot of surprising behavior is pretty common with deaths like this. Often the victim doesn’t even remember the fall. 

the baseball bat/30’ fall stuff didn’t come from a doctor that actually examined him. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,399
    I remember as a kid, that rule #1 if someone got a concussion was don't let the person go to sleep.   Keep them awake. If you're the one with the concussion don't sleep.   Don't really now the science behind it, but I remember that be important as a child of the 80s.