Options

RIP Bob Saget

This weekend we rock Portland

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300
    Holy shit just saw this on Twitter.  So sad.  Last comedian I saw live before the pandemic hit.  Funny as hell and his HBO special is a classic. 65 is too young.  Damn 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Such a funny sob.
    RiP
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300
    His Leprechaun bit is so damn funny.  Probably
    even too dirty to post here 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Aw man. Funny and too young. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,661
    Hard to believe.   Such a funny guy.  RIP
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,108
    betty white, now bob? fuuuuuuugh. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,379
    Florida killed Bob Sagat.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,510
    edited January 2022
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
  • Options
    Was he found w a red tie around his neck?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    RIP
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,036
    RIP Bob. You’ll always be Danny Tanner to me and millions in Australia who loved Full House in the 90s. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,972
    Really sorry to hear about this.  A great guy, funny as all get out. 
    R.I.P. Bob Saget

As a side not, I pulled into a BP gas station in Port Angels Washington in 1990 and the attendant there thought I was Bob Saget.  Not sure what the dude was on, but I thought that was funny. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,671
    I had no idea bob saget was funny.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    full talk and 2 short ones..

Check out "Remembering Bob Saget" via web: http://wtfpod.libsyn.com/remembering-bob-saget

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Wobbie said:
    One of the most delightfully dirty joke tellers

• Options
    Wobbie said:
    One of the longest running jokes among his piers was that this dirty mouthed comedian was a wholesome father of 3 girls on a primetime hit television show.

If you ever saw Dogma and laughed at seeing George Carlin as the Cardinal then that is how his friends reacted to him being on Full House.

Dude was really funny.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Sarcasm is missed on lot here....
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    How did Lovitz get in that picture...must've been stand up fantasy camp and he paid to be a camper. :lol:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    It’s like he’s the 5th wheel…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    They are all circling the master.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    He’s funnier than Tim Allen
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,108
    I'm funnier than Tim Allen. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gotta love dumb comments...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I like Tim Allen. He’s done some funny shit…probably too low-brow for some.

• Options

Family: Bob Saget died after accidental blow to the head
    Yesterday

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bob Saget's death last month stemmed from an accidental blow to the head, his family said in a statement Wednesday.

The comedian and “Full House” star was found dead Jan. 9 in a Florida hotel room. He'd performed in the area the night before as part of a stand-up tour.

“The authorities have determined that Bob passed from head trauma," the Saget family said. "They have concluded that he accidentally hit the back of his head on something, thought nothing of it and went to sleep. No drugs or alcohol were involved.”

The medical examiner’s office in Orange County, Florida, did not immediately return a message seeking details about their investigation Wednesday night.

Saget, 65, was found on the hotel bed and there were no signs of foul play, authorities said last month. A hotel security officer had entered the room after Saget failed to check out, and called 911 when he found him unresponsive.

Deputies and paramedics came to the room at the Ritz Carlton in Orlando and he was pronounced dead.

Saget was best known for his role as beloved single dad Danny Tanner on the sitcom “Full House” and as the wisecracking host of “America’s Funniest Home Videos.”

continues....

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648
    That's crazy.  It's good to get this information out there though.  Don't take head injuries too lightly.  

Embarrassingly for me, I was playing golf and was trying to hook a shot around a tree and instead the ball hit the tree and struck me right on the side of the head.  I got a par on the next three holes but decided to go to the ER just in case because of stories like this one.  I am sure I wasted the doc's time and they probably laughed about how I did that to myself but better safe than sorry.  
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    Very sad....really curious what happened exactly. Slipped in the shower?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,596
    That's crazy.  It's good to get this information out there though.  Don't take head injuries too lightly.  

Embarrassingly for me, I was playing golf and was trying to hook a shot around a tree and instead the ball hit the tree and struck me right on the side of the head.  I got a par on the next three holes but decided to go to the ER just in case because of stories like this one.  I am sure I wasted the doc's time and they probably laughed about how I did that to myself but better safe than sorry.  
    Head injuries are pretty scary. One of our HS football players took a couple of pretty big hits in a game last season. As the team was standing around after the game waiting for the coach to address them, the player collapsed. They took him straight to the hospital, and found a brain bleed. The ER doctor told his parents that if he had been in his parent’s car riding home and fell asleep without anyone nothing that he had a problem, he might not have made it. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648
    edited February 2022
    You wonder how long it took for the kid and his parents to stop thinking about the what-if?