The Taco Thread!

124»

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    I went to Gringo Bandito website and can't buy nothing.  Anyone know why?
    Because you are a gringo 🤣🤣
    Cabrones Gringo!!!
    🤣🤣🤣 you sure know your Spanglish 
    It's definitely SoCal Spanglish.  It is quite different from other parts for sure with the slang.
    Uhmm damn i need tacos pronto! 
    Cabrones Gringo!!!
    It's definitely SoCal Spanglish.  It is quite different from other parts for sure with the slang.
    I made a nice chicken marinade and grilled it then placed in a tortilla covered in guacamole.  I put a bit of cinnamon in the marinade.  Gives the other spices a kick.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Cabrones Gringo!!!
    Cabrones Gringo!!!
    I made a nice chicken marinade and grilled it then placed in a tortilla covered in guacamole.  I put a bit of cinnamon in the marinade.  Gives the other spices a kick.
    That sounds awesome! I don’t mind a fish/shrimp taco either I like a really simple avocado just oil & lemon..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Cabrones Gringo!!!
    Cabrones Gringo!!!
    That sounds awesome! I don’t mind a fish/shrimp taco either I like a really simple avocado just oil & lemon..
    Real simple.  Fresh lime juice, oil, oregano, paprika, salt, cayenne, cinnamon, cumin, minced garlic and chopped cilantro.  Let it sit for a bit then grill.

Make some guac for a topping. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Cabrones Gringo!!!
    Cabrones Gringo!!!
    Real simple.  Fresh lime juice, oil, oregano, paprika, salt, cayenne, cinnamon, cumin, minced garlic and chopped cilantro.  Let it sit for a bit then grill.

Make some guac for a topping. 
    I hear ya! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Get_Right said:
    @Get_Right did you buy a case of the Steve and Eds?  If so can I buy some bottles off you?  I don't need a damn case...

No I can buy individual bottles at my local supermarket.  I can pick some up for you.  Stock varies, sometimes they have a wide selection sometimes only one or two.  I probably will not be shopping until later this week or maybe next. I will let you know. Any particular sauce you are interested in? We love the premium cayenne and the chipotle. Neither of which seem to be on the website.  
    The Cayenne and the Louisiana style would be great.  I'll pass on chipotle.  Thanks!

Check your inbox.  Took me awhile, but I have them for you. And the Gringo Bandito 4 pack lasted 6 months in our house.  Super hot was the favorite followed by the green. 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    @Get_Right did you buy a case of the Steve and Eds?  If so can I buy some bottles off you?  I don't need a damn case...

No I can buy individual bottles at my local supermarket.  I can pick some up for you.  Stock varies, sometimes they have a wide selection sometimes only one or two.  I probably will not be shopping until later this week or maybe next. I will let you know. Any particular sauce you are interested in? We love the premium cayenne and the chipotle. Neither of which seem to be on the website.  
    The Cayenne and the Louisiana style would be great.  I'll pass on chipotle.  Thanks!

Check your inbox.  Took me awhile, but I have them for you. And the Gringo Bandito 4 pack lasted 6 months in our house.  Super hot was the favorite followed by the green. 

I need to order more of both.
    The green goes well with most foods.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    Highly suggest both....
  • So, making wings I found a hot sauce that needs zero work done to it.  It's perfect.  Damn thing is expensive though.  See if you can find it at Marshalls or Home goods on sale.

Skull Mason Jar Bone Rattler Fiery Hot Sauce - 152 oz
  • Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

TY sir!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    So, making wings I found a hot sauce that needs zero work done to it.  It's perfect.  Damn thing is expensive though.  See if you can find it at Marshalls or Home goods on sale.

Love the jar.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:
    So, making wings I found a hot sauce that needs zero work done to it.  It's perfect.  Damn thing is expensive though.  See if you can find it at Marshalls or Home goods on sale.

Love the jar.
    We throw colored water in it and use it as a decoration, lol.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    I picked up a bottle of Gringo Bandito original a while back. I plan on ordering another bottle along with the green. Nice taste without too much heat. I try to be careful with super spicy stuff. My dad ate every spicy thing he could get his hands on, and now takes the little purple pill. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    What's the group's take on Fuzzy's? They are relatively new to where I live and I freaking LOVE their tacos and the Butt Burnin' Sauce! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I picked up a bottle of Gringo Bandito original a while back. I plan on ordering another bottle along with the green. Nice taste without too much heat. I try to be careful with super spicy stuff. My dad ate every spicy thing he could get his hands on, and now takes the little purple pill. 
    Peppers actually help you digest.  I don't know if it actually rips open your stomach or not though?
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    I picked up a bottle of Gringo Bandito original a while back. I plan on ordering another bottle along with the green. Nice taste without too much heat. I try to be careful with super spicy stuff. My dad ate every spicy thing he could get his hands on, and now takes the little purple pill. 
    Peppers actually help you digest.  I don't know if it actually rips open your stomach or not though?
    Not sure, but after a lifetime of eating spicy food, he has had to change what he eats and take medication. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    What's the group's take on Fuzzy's? They are relatively new to where I live and I freaking LOVE their tacos and the Butt Burnin' Sauce! 
    I've never tried, will keep an eye open for it

The love he receives is the love that is saved

• Not my pic. THC hot sauce.
    Interesting.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689

I recently bought this at a hot sauce stand at an open air market. It is a thicker sweet chili sauce. It has a nice bite to it and great for dipping things in or brushing on chicken wings.