POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of BRITISH BANDS - ROUND 4

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    The Beatles

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited November 2021
    The Beatles
    23scidoo said:

LOL

I hope I didn't play too much Beatles in the "Rate the Song" thread. Now I understand why you gave John Lennon's "Oh My Love" a 2...you were feeling generous that day. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The Beatles
    Sitting out the next round. There's certainly a band I like more than the other, but neither are even close to the "best."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • The Beatles
    dankind said:
    Sitting out the next round. There's certainly a band I like more than the other, but neither are even close to the "best."
    I get it. See you when the new poll starts!
  • Pink Floyd
    This is the best Beatles song:

https://youtu.be/kt0g4dWxEBo
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The Beatles
    This is the best Beatles song:

https://youtu.be/kt0g4dWxEBo
    That's not "I'm Only Sleeping." 
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The Beatles
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    The Rolling Stones
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Least favourite of the four left. Don’t find myself pulling Zep records off the shelves these days. 
    I feel that Led Zep are the greatest band that ever existed myself.

Just another reason why I like you !

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    The Rolling Stones
    My old man's favorite band was The Rolling Stones so I heard a solid dose growing up and like them, a lot.
    However there is no way I listen to them as much as The Beatles, and if you out the two of them together that probably is not half of how much I listen to LZ.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited November 2021
    The Beatles
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Pink Floyd
    Abbey Road is about the most perfect album ever, but I also absolutely love Led Zeppelin I; however, sides 1 and 2 of Physical Graffiti are perfection. So obviously those are my top bands left and I rank Pink Floyd above Stones because of their ingenuity. Love the Stones, but have never been able to get in to their non radio hits. I can listen to anything LZ or Beatles and know almost every word to every song. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Pink Floyd
    dankind said:

But really, how do we determine what the "best" band is?  What are the factors and how are they measured?  Does virtuosity count more than great story-telling song writing, or powerfully emotive execution of the songs, or a highly creative ability to improvise?  I'm thinking this kind of poll is more about personal taste than anything else.  One thing for sure, it certainly has brought out some strong feeling and opinions here!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    The Beatles
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:

But really, how do we determine what the "best" band is?  What are the factors and how are they measured?  Does virtuosity count more than great story-telling song writing, or powerfully emotive execution of the songs, or a highly creative ability to improvise?  I'm thinking this kind of poll is more about personal taste than anything else.  One thing for sure, it certainly has brought out some strong feeling and opinions here!

and some unwarranted hatred....

;)

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Pink Floyd
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:

and some unwarranted hatred....

;)

LOL
    "But it's all right now, i learned my lesson well.
    You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself"
    -Rick Nelson

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• The Beatles
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:

I knew as soon as I looked at the options that no one was leaving unscathed. These are highly regarded "ride or die" bands right here. 
  • The Beatles
    Oh excuse me, no one will leave unscathed except the Led Zeppelin freaks.  ;)
  • Pink Floyd
    Oh excuse me, no one will leave unscathed except the Led Zeppelin freaks.  ;)
    Soft underbellies they have, but they aren't to be trifled with either. 

I wrote this in a Monty Python accent and laughed to myself...  Hohum, it's Friday.
    The Beatles
    Would @EA5429 do the right thing here?

Probably not, but desperate times ...
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    The Beatles

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

edited November 2021
    The Beatles
    goldrush said:
    3rd time in a row voting for Pink Floyd. Never got into them, and I’m not keen on the covers that PJ do either.
    What about "Breath" or "Who You Are?" 

Those aren't covers so much as they are straight plagiarism.

EDIT: @EA5429 comes through! Need two more Beatles votes. @RogueStoner @Amongst the Ani
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • The Rolling Stones
    11 votes for the goddamn Beatles? Tough crowd 
    The Beatles
    I know, right. 

They're even tougher on superior bands.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    The Beatles
    bbiggs said:
    Having a hard time selecting one of the four.  I'll have to stew on this for a bit and then reluctantly select one.  Maybe I'll toss a coin.

pretty sure I know how @dankind wants you to vote
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The Rolling Stones
    dankind said:
    I know, right. 

Blasphemy!
    The Beatles
    dankind said:
    I know, right. 

Blasphemy!
    Your mama!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Tight race, will call this one tonight.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Pink Floyd
    Well I threw one at Floyd so f-off you Beatles haters. Pretentious bunch of brits!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    The Rolling Stones
    Grew up on all except for the Stones. Neither of my parents liked them, so I didn't really fall for them.
    www.cluthelee.com
This discussion has been closed.