Options

To the Band: Proposal #2 for a 2nd Leg Tour & Voter Drive Initiative in 2022, North to the Midwest

Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,932
edited November 2021 in The Porch
I'm thinking late-August/early September, thru early October (factoring in weather, other bands touring plans & sporting events)
Again...
"For this is no time for depression, or self-indulgent hesitance
This fucked-up situation calls for all hands, hands on deck"
1. Bangor, Maine - Darling's Waterfront Pavilion or Portland, ME - Cross Insurance Arena (hockey)
  • to help hold the House, and re-elect Janet Mills to keep her Governor's chair
  • DMB hit up Bangor at this venue, and Maine is crisp & gorgeous in September.
  • the boys have only hit Maine once (the 96 tour sans-Ticketmaster). Lots of love for them up in the New England. If it's indoors? Proof of vax required :)
2. Gilford, NH - Bank of NH Pavilion (outdoors)
  • to help hold the House, and re-elect Maggie Hassan to her Senate seat
  • to help defeat ineffectual Governor Chris Sununu, and elect the Democratic/Independent primary winner to the Governor's chair
  • DMB proved that NH can be a draw (2-nighters, no less!), and it would be one more state completed by the band. Worth a visit!
3. Mansfield, MA - Xfinity Center (formerly Tweeter Center & Great Woods, outdoors) *2 nights, if ya got the stones
  • to help hold the House, and defeat Governor Charlie Baker by supporting the Democratic/Independent primary winner
  • magic awaits in Mansfield!! Love Fenway, but let's go back there somewhere down the road instead.
4. Hartford, CT - Xfinity Theatre (formerly the Dodge Music Centre, outdoors)
  • to help hold the House, and re-elect Richard Blumenthal (or the Democratic/Independent primary winner) to the Senate
  • to help re-elect Governor Ned Lamont to keep his Governor's chair
  • the long awaited to return Hartford. From 2008, onward: nothing but top tier shows. Hartford '08 is arguably Top 25 all-time (Top 5, for me)
5. Brooklyn, NY - Barclays Center (basketball), and/or Camden, NJ - BB&T Pavillion (outdoors) *2 nights, regardless
  • Just for funsies.
6. Philly - Wells Fargo Center (basketball), or Subaru Park (soccer, outdoors) *2 nights, regardless of venue
7. Pittsburgh - PNC Park (baseball), or PPG Paints Arena (Hockey)
  • to help hold the House seats PA-7, 8 & 17, and defeat Scott Perry in PA-10
  • look, I'm thankful Pat Toomey voted to convict Trump, but we need to keep PA blue. Whether it's Conor Lamb, or John Fetterman (THE MAN). Preferably Fetterman, because he's huge.
  • to help elect the Democratic/Independent primary winner to Governor against the Republican candidate
  • Philly is a Top 5 PJ destination, for sure. Time to show Steel City some love.
8. Cleveland - Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse (multipurpose, indoors), or Columbus, OH - Lower Dot Com Field (soccer, outdoors)
  • to help the Democratic/Independent primary winner win the House seat, and defeat Steve Chabot (OH-1)
  • to send Trump stooge Rob Portman packing, and help the Democratic/Independent primary winner win the Senate seat
  • to help elect the Democratic/Independent primary winner to Governor, and send Mike DeWine packing
  • it's time to return to Cleveland. Maybe do a surprise gig at the HoB like the Foos did. Take some selfies at the Rock Hall ;)
9. Detroit - DTE Energy Music Theatre (originally Pine Knob Music Theatre, outdoors), or Little Caesars Arena (basketball)
  • to help hold the House seat for Elissa Slotkin (MI-8), and defeat Peter Meijer (MI-3)
  • to help Governor Gretchen Whitmer hold her Governor's chair (this is a big one, since she & her family have been targeted by right wing extremists)
  • RIP Joe Louis Arena. The Motor City beckons! Side note: DTE?? Meant to be! Also, it's on BOB SEGER DR.
10. Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field (duh), or United Center (Basketball) *2 nights, regardless of venue
11. Moline, IL - TaxSlayer Center (formerly iWireless Center, circa 2014)
  • look, I'm glad Adam Kinzinger (R) is doing SOMETHING to defeat Trumpism, but he's leaving his seat. We NEED a Blue pick-up, otherwise Trump Stooge Kevin McCarthy will be Speaker of the House. Again, pick-up some seats for Democrats, or Independents
  • to help Senator Tammy Duckworth (or the Democratic/Independent primary winner) hold their Senate seat
  • to help Governor J.B. Pritzker (or the Democratic/Independent primary winner) hold the Governor's chair
  • The Return to Moline. The Return to Wrigley. And if not the latter, then a little love for the ol' United Center.
12. Milwaukee, WI - American Family Field (baseball), or Bradley Center (basketball)
  • to help the Democratic/Independent primary winner pick up a House seat, or 2
  • defeat January 6th instigator & Trump lackey, Senator Ron Johnson
  • to help Governor Tony Evers (or the Democratic/Independent primary winner) hold the Governor's chair
  • should start getting cold around this time, so it's a toss-up
13. Ames, Iowa - Hilton Coliseum (basketball)
  • to help hold the House seat for Cindy Axne (IA-3), and defeat Mariannette Miller-Meeks (IA-2) & Ashley Hinson (IA-1)
  • Mitch McConnell's BFF Chuck Grassley will be *89* by this time next year. 7 terms in the Senate (41, going on 42 years). When he runs, he'll serve ANOTHER term if a Democrat is elected Governor, or retire in 2023 & let the Republican Governor appoint a Republican Senator without an election. Iowa MUST step up.
  • to defeat Governor Kim Reynolds, and help the Democratic/Independent primary winner take the Governor's chair
  • I mean... it's Ames! Who else would do the poster?? Also, PJ actually had a gig here in 1991, but it was cut short. Time to make things right! Ames is a very blue-ish purple town, and the home to ISU. Could be the next Moline show!
14. Minneapolis, Minnesota - Target Field (baseball), Target Center (basketball), or Allianz Field (soccer, outdoors)
  • to help hold the House seat for Angela Craig (MN-2), and defeat Jim Hagedorn (MN-1)
  • to help Governor Tim Walz (or the Democratic/Independent primary winner) hold the Governor's chair
  • Target Center: "Proof of COVID-19 vaccine, or negative COVID-19 test to attend upcoming non-team events is on a show-by-show basis and is determined by the promoter of each event. Please check the Event Listing for all show specific protocols."
Again, not looking for any counterpoints on ANY of the political endorsements I bring forth here. They're not officially endorsed by the band, BUT... these candidates (and parties) are the best (or only) option to help push the band's goals re: climate change, equality, and justice.
It's part of who they are. Don't believe me? Go back & watch MTV Unplugged, and watch Eddie climb up on his stool & write PRO CHOICE on his arm with a sharpie. Listen to Jeremy, Glorified G, and Rival. Put Gigaton on a loop until it all sinks in.
Now... let's focus on getting some more shows, and MAYBE (just maybe) making a little bit of a difference :)

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

Post edited by Go Animal on

Comments

• Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    Love the homework here, OP. Great details. 

Sunnunu and Baker are generally 1 and 2 on the list of most highly approved and liked governors in the country though ;). Just sayin, not trolling haha. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    Very well researched and thought out.

I think they likely stick to what would have been second leg 2020 if they are doing anything at that time of year in 2022 - which includes some of the above.

Another factor to consider is Ed at Ohana the last Saturday of September virtually guaranteed and hotel pricing at Dana Point suggests an Encore weekend is expected again.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509

I think they likely stick to what would have been second leg 2020 if they are doing anything at that time of year in 2022 - which includes some of the above.

Another factor to consider is Ed at Ohana the last Saturday of September virtually guaranteed and hotel pricing at Dana Point suggests an Encore weekend is expected again.  
    So the encore weekend would most likely be September 30/October 1? 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969

yes...if they follow 2021 dates
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Thanks.
  • Options
    I actually started this one in reverse order, so Ohana/possible Encore could reasonably fit here at the end, and cap off the year. Or Seattle, heh.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    DM282158 said:

Sunnunu and Baker are generally 1 and 2 on the list of most highly approved and liked governors in the country though ;). Just sayin, not trolling haha. 
    I mean, we gotta try ;) also, why no Hartford '08 for you??

• Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    Go Animal said:
    DM282158 said:

I mean, we gotta try ;) also, why no Hartford '08 for you??

Haha! Had just graduated high school. Got Mansfield tix for graduation gift. Was a 1 show per tour guy back then. Wish I was there though. Great show. Something always in the water in Hartford. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options

I went ahead and booked a refundable hotel for that weekend. If there isn’t an encore weekend I can always cancel. But if there is, I locked in a pretty decent price. 
  • Options

I went ahead and booked a refundable hotel for that weekend. If there isn’t an encore weekend I can always cancel. But if there is, I locked in a pretty decent price. 
    Exactly.  Nothing to lose.  Just have to remember to cancel.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options

Exactly.  Nothing to lose.  Just have to remember to cancel.  
    Absolutely! I could see myself forgetting to be honest. 😄
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 758

The Residence Inn is blocked off both weekends. I booked it on points the day before Encore announcement this year, so there is definitely something on the calendar happening in 2022. That would be a lot of shows in Southern California in 2021-22 given the 3 arena makeup dates.
  • Options
    kaw753 said:

The Residence Inn is blocked off both weekends. I booked it on points the day before Encore announcement this year, so there is definitely something on the calendar happening in 2022. That would be a lot of shows in Southern California in 2021-22 given the 3 arena makeup dates.
    Well, who knows if they are going to proceed with the indoor shows.  Also, Ohana and Ohana Encore aren’t necessarily PJ shows.  The only thing that’s sort of a given is Ed’s Saturday slot. 

• Options
    kaw753 said:

Maybe it is a good sign that the other California dates (along with the rest of the rescheduled dates) will be made up in the Spring. 🤷‍♂️