The most expensive album

2»

Comments

• Give Way
    CD only.  There are other CD's that fetch a premium of hundreds too.
  • nuzzer1 said:
    MedozK said:
    demetrios said:
    Id be afraid these days to go after the Colombia with confirmed blue boots out there.
    I’d love to do a comparison of boot vs. real. The obvious misspelling on the back aside- matrix alone should be consistent if it’s authentic- which it is across the blue and the black promo (and dare I say the blue/black fog). This one above I would guess based on richer/less translucent blue and glossy/somewhat clean cover is a boot. I’ve just never seen the bootleg in person. 

Foil posters are being faked now.

When I sell my stuff I'm selling for a premium because of all the fake crap out there.  I'll guarantee it all.
  • Give Way
    Which ones chris
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Give Way
    Which ones chris
    Oh boy, South American Daughter, Japanese Daughter, India Ten definitive, Freak, Monkey Wrench, Japan mini disc, Reeenk roink, Japanese PJ Singles, rarefied and live, Live at fox theatre (Aussie), Live at Deutschland, Austria Black, Alive w the cover.

Most of these you never see for sale.  Some others you do.  I own most of the above sans a few that are just too hard to find or I wasn't paying for them, lol.

If you are bored go and look these up and learn about them.  There are some absolute gems out there.  Freak will always be my favorite of the hunts though.
  • that vs on blue is my holy grail. 

i do have a ten sampler test press (3x7" set) and a temple of the dog hunger strike 7" test on white vinyl though!
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,261
    MedozK said:
    demetrios said:
    Id be afraid these days to go after the Colombia with confirmed blue boots out there.

Same. Way too many bootleg colored vinyl being sold online and in many record stores.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • demetrios said:
    MedozK said:
    demetrios said:

Same. Way too many bootleg colored vinyl being sold online and in many record stores.
    This is a problem w Misfits records.  I had a guy wanting to sell me a boot for $200 for the rumor that Glenn pressed them himself...  I told him that you should really do some legwork and not repeat hearsay that you read on the forums...
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,992
    Tough time for newer collectors. Keep what I have till I die. Hopefully not too soon.
  • Loujoe said:
    Tough time for newer collectors. Keep what I have till I die. Hopefully not too soon.
    I'd like to see older collectors still buying the older stuff, lol.

• This  can be very true. Drop the leash
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209

Yes sir, and that is a GREAT film
  • jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 412
    it's a one off, but i have an original press No Code signed by Ed and Mike (hopefully it's legit, bought through Pristine Auctions), I'd suspect that's worth some cake.  
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,393
    Loujoe said:
    Are you looking at me?
  • Loujoe said:
    Are you looking at me?
    lol, I know you still pick things up here and there.
  • demetrios said:
    MedozK said:
    demetrios said:

This is a problem w Misfits records.  I had a guy wanting to sell me a boot for $200 for the rumor that Glenn pressed them himself...  I told him that you should really do some legwork and not repeat hearsay that you read on the forums...
    crazy because my friend sold off his misfits boot 7". the guy paid at least $75-$100 for each one knowing they were bootlegs! the originals are $$$$ now too. luckily i have original halloween, evillive and deadstock horror biz on yellow.
  • demetrios said:
    MedozK said:
    demetrios said:

crazy because my friend sold off his misfits boot 7". the guy paid at least $75-$100 for each one knowing they were bootlegs! the originals are $$$$ now too. luckily i have original halloween, evillive and deadstock horror biz on yellow.
    Evilive albums I could have bought $50 a pop.  Passed.  $1000 record now?

I used to have all the pressings memorized that you have above.  Small hole, big hole, different matrix #, insert, no insert, fake bullet ep's w "Din't" instead of Dirt on the lyric sheet.

Once they got too expensive and the boots got better and people stopped explaining the records better I was out.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Loujoe said:
    Are you looking at me?
    That is freaking hilarious you two!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Loujoe said:
    Are you looking at me?
    That is freaking hilarious you two!
    Guy Dudebro is a good friend Chris.  He loves busting my balls!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,261
    jpgoegel said:
    it's a one off, but i have an original press No Code signed by Ed and Mike (hopefully it's legit, bought through Pristine Auctions), I'd suspect that's worth some cake.  
    Sure is. 
  • I have a band signed soundgarden king animal  vinyl that too must be some of the good cake
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• demetrios said:
    MedozK said:
    demetrios said:

Evilive albums I could have bought $50 a pop.  Passed.  $1000 record now?

I used to have all the pressings memorized that you have above.  Small hole, big hole, different matrix #, insert, no insert, fake bullet ep's w "Din't" instead of Dirt on the lyric sheet.

Once they got too expensive and the boots got better and people stopped explaining the records better I was out.

yea i don't blame you. my friend bought a cough cool 7" for $3000 earlier this year. misfits 7"s went off the charts lately. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,992
    My evillive is warped but had Doyle sign it! Not og pressing but from the 80s and i love it.
  • Record store in Calgary has a band- signed OG Vitalogy album professionally framed on the wall (they do professional framing there). He told me a couple years ago $2500 CDN would take it. I don’t think it’s worth that much to me. 
    The owner said he was working a show here in town (probably the 05 show at the Saddledumb) and got the band to sign it.  Wonder if it is still there.