The most expensive album

redmosquito666redmosquito666 Alicante Posts: 1
A curiosity ... what is the most expensive album for sale by PJ? Greetings from Spain!

Comments

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    Probably a benny
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,482
    Blue vs. Maybe? 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited November 2021
    Yeah Blue VS I would say is #1
    then Benny

red/blue Orpheum next?   Last one that sold was a year and a half ago for $700.   These things tend to go up.  (Edit: I forgot Glow in the dark PJ20). That’s right below Benny. 

Legit Soldier field
    lost dogs
    rearviewmirror 
    vault 3

I’m forgetting some.  Halloween has been a little too much fun
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • How much is an original vinyl of Binaural these days?
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • long shot but has anyone seen original pressing test presses of any of the albums? 

I've looked for 20+ years as well as a friend who finds tests of all kinds often. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    What does a VG/VG+ original Ten go for?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,146
    edited November 2021
    static111 said:
    I pulled a used one from Amoeba Hollywood for $40 in 2018.

I feel like the most expensive right now are No Code Clear & Vault 10
    The legacy expensive albums seem to be RVM and Lost Dogs
    the whale expensive albums Benny, PJ20 GITD, and Vs Blue for sure.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
    edited November 2021
    Original Ten LP from 1994 is on par with the original CD.  Sounds incredible.  I don’t think it goes for more than $200 tho.   
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,261
    Gonna say that blue crisp Colombian Vs vinyl. 
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,275
    Depending on condition, an original Ten can go for much more than $200.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,126
    edited November 2021
    Soon new tenclub releases will go past a benny. Mostly due to shipping.

The Fanta clear Gigaton release with a Lego minifig included will sell for roughly $4000
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,939

The Fanta clear Gigaton release with a Lego minifig included will sell for roughly $4000
    I know you’re point. But the no code clear was one of the tougher drops for vinyl around here in a long time but you can still get one for under $200 if you keep your eyes out on eBay. I know $200 for a record, intrinsically speaking, is nutty but not in the real world of vinyl.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PSUS2H said:
    static111 said:
    I pulled a used one from Amoeba Hollywood for $40 in 2018.

I feel like the most expensive right now are No Code Clear & Vault 10
    The legacy expensive albums seem to be RVM and Lost Dogs
    the whale expensive albums Benny, PJ20 GITD, and Vs Blue for sure.
    Lightning Bolt Red works its' way onto the list somewhere....
  • Yeah Blue VS I would say is #1
    then Benny

red/blue Orpheum next?   Last one that sold was a year and a half ago for $700.   These things tend to go up.  (Edit: I forgot Glow in the dark PJ20). That’s right below Benny. 

Legit Soldier field
    lost dogs
    rearviewmirror 
    vault 3

What is a legit Soldier Field....?  The Vault issued one?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,126
    edited November 2021
    on2legs said:

I know you’re point. But the no code clear was one of the tougher drops for vinyl around here in a long time but you can still get one for under $200 if you keep your eyes out on eBay. I know $200 for a record, intrinsically speaking, is nutty but not in the real world of vinyl.  
    Haha. My most expensive is the Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare score which I think I gave 150 dollars for...

So I get that.

Still, there is a reason the Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare score (not the soundtrack) had a low print run back in -91 and is "tough" to get in 2021.

There is no reason for such a  small print run on No Code clear and no reprint of Benny when fans want it enough to sell out a reprint. Zero reason in the world of kindness.

My "joke" was more about how much more expensive regular vinyl is getting. In general. 35-40 dollars is starting to become the standard in Sweden for new releases. How much did Gigaton cost? Then add the 1-200 dollar shipping from tenclub.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,275
    ISO!! 😂
    Yeah Blue VS I would say is #1
    then Benny

Legit Soldier field
    lost dogs
    rearviewmirror 
    vault 3

The Vintage Vinyl release from the 90s.  It was bootlegged a few times so you have to really know what to look for.   Does it technically qualify for this list?  I’m not sure. 
  • Yeah Blue VS I would say is #1
    then Benny

Legit Soldier field
    lost dogs
    rearviewmirror 
    vault 3

No it's a mint green one.  These were reprinted so many times I wouldn't even consider that record.
  • Most expensive records are the PJ 20 GITD, Benny and Blue Vs.

Next tier is Orpheum, Lost Dogs, PJ 20 Color, Vault 3 and RVM.

Third tier is OG Ten, Red Lightning Bolt, Riot Act.

1st xmas record, Binaural, clear No Code, Coke bottle Ten, OG No code, Other Vaults, PJ 20, LO2L, White Backspacer.

Other off shoots are the Mad Splatter Mad Season, Vedder ITW, Mad Season Purple, TOTD OG and TOTD Purple.

There is some money in PJ albums still.
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    edited November 2021
    Yea, I have to find the right time to sell mine off. Don't want all this to end up at a Goodwill, when my kids start getting rid of my stuff.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,264
    MedozK said:
    Yea, I have to find the right time to sell mine off. Don't want all this to end up at a Goodwill, when my kids start getting rid of my stuff.
    What’s the cross street of your closest goodwill? Going to keep an eye on the obituaries.
  • mace1229 said:
    MedozK said:
    What’s the cross street of your closest goodwill? Going to keep an eye on the obituaries.
    Morbidly hysterical.
  • I have a couple on the medium  level expensive  and its probably  time to move them on. But its the  shipping  and worry if they arrive safely. So many time ive sold or traded and something  has gone wrong and got smashed up by a postman  or courier  throwing  stuff around.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 Posts: 1,437
    Ten Sampler set, Green Soldier field also for PJ specific releases are both pricier - especially since that one guy that had all of the sampler sets sold them off...
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    I've heard the OG Soldier Field release from Vintage Vinyl (yay, STL!), and the vault release of that show is SO much better. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Give Way
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
    mace1229 said:
    MedozK said:
    Morbidly hysterical.

demetrios said:
    Id be afraid these days to go after the Colombia with confirmed blue boots out there.
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 Posts: 1,437
    MedozK said:
    demetrios said:
    Id be afraid these days to go after the Colombia with confirmed blue boots out there.
    I’d love to do a comparison of boot vs. real. The obvious misspelling on the back aside- matrix alone should be consistent if it’s authentic- which it is across the blue and the black promo (and dare I say the blue/black fog). This one above I would guess based on richer/less translucent blue and glossy/somewhat clean cover is a boot. I’ve just never seen the bootleg in person.