Coldplay covers Pearl Jam

igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,264
I miss igotid88

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,264
    I know people are going to hate on it. But it's pretty decent
    I miss igotid88
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 740
    Good cover from Chris, nothing wrong with this. 
    Hey can put it in its repertoir, so i can watch him to this in Glasgow next year :)
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,633
    They should stick with PJ covers then their new album songs. ;)

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,903
    Sounds like what it is, Coldplay covering Pearl Jam. nothing fancy. solid cover. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    Gorgeous cover. Love Coldplay. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Awesome! I am struck while listening at how well written a song it is.
  • Coldplay is on my list of bands that before the pandemic I felt I had seen enough times and didn’t need to see again but after concerts didn’t exist at all for a while I probably will check them out next time they’re nearby.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,469
    "maybe don't upload it to youtube" lol
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    Eddie's never sounded better.  :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816
    That was a great cover.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,993
    Sounded great, thanks for sharing
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    Good stuff
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    Very cool. Love the sentiment. So many of us share it. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Not a fan
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 807
    edited October 2021
    Nice tribute but no thanks 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,727
    Love the intro and the effort.
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    No thanks
    Pearl Jam is incredibly tricky to cover if you’re a male artist.  If you try to sound like Ed you end up soundinglike the singer of Hootie and the Blowfish or one of the PJ copy bands.   Chris pulled it off tho.   He made it a Coldplay style.  That was well done for basically taking a stab at something.  
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2021
    Covers are covers. Artists paying homage to artists who influenced them. Granted I don’t own a single Coldplay record but there is worse stuff out there. Having said that, am I the only one slightly puzzled that Coldplay was the band chosen to open Climate Pledge Arena? A city with such a rich music history couldn’t find any hometown heroes to christen the joint? 

EDIT- I guess Coldplay was touring and probably have a new album? Still seems like a missed opportunity to me
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    Kept it his own.. Didn't try and copy the uncopyable 
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 559
    Covers are covers. Artists paying homage to artists who influenced them. Granted I don’t own a single Coldplay record but there is worse stuff out there. Having said that, am I the only one slightly puzzled that Coldplay was the band chosen to open Climate Pledge Arena? A city with such a rich music history couldn’t find any hometown heroes to christen the joint? 

EDIT- I guess Coldplay was touring and probably have a new album? Still seems like a missed opportunity to me
    Foo Fighters and Death Cab played the first show on Tuesday.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,375
    After seeing videos of him perform with Eddie at Global Citizen (I think that’s where it was?) I was sold on never seeing Coldplay. It was horrible. 

I have to watch this later tonight. Maybe he can redeem himself.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,995
    edited October 2021
    After seeing videos of him perform with Eddie at Global Citizen (I think that’s where it was?) I was sold on never seeing Coldplay. It was horrible. 

I have to watch this later tonight. Maybe he can redeem himself.
    My only memory of Coldplay’s set at the 2015 GCF was them fucking up the intro to a song, then Chris stopping and apologizing, saying “we’re a professional band, we should be able to come in on 1”. 

I don’t feel the need to go see a full Coldplay show. Their Live 2003 album ain’t bad though. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,264
    You don't have to like it. But if 70% of that audience never heard the song. Then maybe 30% of that 70 like it. Then maybe 5% stream or download it. That's all you can ask for
    I miss igotid88
  • Covers are covers. Artists paying homage to artists who influenced them. Granted I don’t own a single Coldplay record but there is worse stuff out there. Having said that, am I the only one slightly puzzled that Coldplay was the band chosen to open Climate Pledge Arena? A city with such a rich music history couldn’t find any hometown heroes to christen the joint? 

Foo Fighters and Death Cab played the first show on Tuesday.
    That makes a little more sense. Wouldn’t be my first choices but better than Coldplay 
    edited October 2021
    Coldplay were amazing at ACL 10 yrs ago.  We left Kanye to go see them :lol:
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 992
    Just as long as MC never does one😣
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,469
    The best part of Nothingman live has become the crowd singing "Into The Sun!" Unfortunately Chris seems to have forgotten that part.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,483
    Not bad. I liked the sentiment he shared before the song.