Options

PJ Tattoos?

Comments

• Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    gorga14 wrote:
    completeblossoms-1.jpg

finally finished.. cherry blossoms framing "I am Mine" and first 2 lines from my fav PJ song

Wow, that's very nice work!
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    wolkenlos wrote:
    It's not fully healed yet, some lines are still a little bit thicker and swollen, but I couldn't wait to take some pictures :D
    And, the ink looks so blue in this pictures, but it's BLACK, like the song ;D

4586829906_271f1b762e_o.jpg

I already messgaed you on FlickR Wolkenlos and I promise Im not stalking you :shock: but its crazy how I saw this @ Belfast gig last month (was stood behind her) and recognised it immediately. As I said before its quailty, well done. Im looking to get a PJ tat myself. Im 31 and am clean skined (?) but figure the time is right. I've read through this whole thread over the last few days (in work) and am hoping to get something together before the end of the summer. Thanks for the inspirations and once again sweet tat Wolkenlos!

Mark aka Mango
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    Mango wrote:
    I already messgaed you on FlickR Wolkenlos and I promise Im not stalking you :shock: but its crazy how I saw this @ Belfast gig last month (was stood behind her) and recognised it immediately. As I said before its quailty, well done. Im looking to get a PJ tat myself. Im 31 and am clean skined (?) but figure the time is right. I've read through this whole thread over the last few days (in work) and am hoping to get something together before the end of the summer. Thanks for the inspirations and once again sweet tat Wolkenlos!

Mark aka Mango

:) do you have something in mind yet? Lyrics oder symbols? I thought about the tattoo for years.. just collect everything you like and that inspires you (I have a big file on my computer for those things) and then, one day you'll find the right thing that fits just perfectly. But doooon't try to do it just because you want a tattoo. I always wanted Given To Fly, but now I'm so glad I didn't get that tattoo because the five horizons have so much more meaning to me. There are so many pictures in my head when I hear those words, I can't describe it... it's just perfect :D And I know, it's hard to wait for the tattoo appointment, but you'll have it on your skin forever and a few month more or less aren't that important :)
    And once you have it you already want the next one... :lol:
  • Options
    I've been thumbing through my Ames Bros book and have a couple of tour posters in mind. I work in graphic design too and am relatively artistic ( :oops: ) so might try and incorporate that into something of my own. Trying to not get too creative if you know what I mean! Simplicity, clear, striking designs interest me more. I'll be a while deciding....
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    I have two and will up photos soon, I have teh Alive stickman on the inside of my right calf, and I have one of Eddie from a photo that was in Rolling Stone magazing accompanying a write up of their 8-23-09 Chicago show, where he is supporting himself on the mic stand, its cool!
  • Options
    ahill721 wrote:
    I have two and will up photos soon, I have teh Alive stickman on the inside of my right calf, and I have one of Eddie from a photo that was in Rolling Stone magazing accompanying a write up of their 8-23-09 Chicago show, where he is supporting himself on the mic stand, its cool!

Sweet, would to see them.
  • Options
    wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    Mango wrote:
    I've been thumbing through my Ames Bros book and have a couple of tour posters in mind. I work in graphic design too and am relatively artistic ( :oops: ) so might try and incorporate that into something of my own. Trying to not get too creative if you know what I mean! Simplicity, clear, striking designs interest me more. I'll be a while deciding....

Well then, that's perfect :D You can do the design all on your own ... the more personal, the better. :)
  • Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    i am not artistic/creative ive always wanted to add on to my stickman on my back. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Ando wrote:
    i am not artistic/creative ive always wanted to add on to my stickman on my back. Any thoughts?

Now Im probably not the best person to ask as I am currently tattoo-less but what if you made an appointment with your tattooist and asked him or her? Explained a little about what inspires you and show them some artwork you like. I take it they like a challenge and could maybe help you in areas that you may need help with? Even start off with picking TEN (pun intended) images / designs you likefrom PJ and see where that leads you.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,588
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 3,000
    Toying with the idea of 'Black as a tattoo'...will toy with it for a couple of years and see if it still amuses me.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    dont know if i actually posted mine in this thread. got it back in september:

apeman1.jpg
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    rival. wrote:
    dont know if i actually posted mine in this thread. got it back in september:

apeman1.jpg

It's EVOLUTION baby, that is one of my favorite shirts, that 00 tour was a good time for me, I was just graduated from high school, and my parents funded me to see the ATL>Tampa run, and a few other shows as a graduation gift.
  • Options
    ahill721 wrote:

It's EVOLUTION baby, that is one of my favorite shirts, that 00 tour was a good time for me, I was just graduated from high school, and my parents funded me to see the ATL>Tampa run, and a few other shows as a graduation gift.

me too man. that tour meant alot to me. just graduated HS myself, have tons of memories from that summer with pearl jam before me and my friends shipped off to college.
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Ando wrote:
    I just got the stickman tattoo on my calf when I visited California...love it.
    I am still deciding whether or not I am going to put "Not For You" underneath it. i was going to originally, but wanted to be sure.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Ando wrote:
    I just got the stickman tattoo on my calf when I visited California...love it.
    I am still deciding whether or not I am going to put "Not For You" underneath it. i was going to originally, but wanted to be sure.

Should have got your avatar as a tattoo :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    this 10c member cannot post in the forum but asked me through PM to post a link showing his tat in this thread. pretty sick!

10c member: Piootrek

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3828/given2fly.jpg
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    rival. wrote:
    this 10c member cannot post in the forum but asked me through PM to post a link showing his tat in this thread. pretty sick!

10c member: Piootrek

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3828/given2fly.jpg
    agreed, pure awesomeness
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    gorga14 wrote:
    completeblossoms-1.jpg

finally finished.. cherry blossoms framing "I am Mine" and first 2 lines from my fav PJ song

Wow!! That is awesome! Cool tat, have to say so many good one's on here and loving reading this thread, this is something iv been thinking about for awhile myself (getting a tat!!) as Iv currently none, Im quite particular though so will be thinkin it through for ages :) was thinkin bout somethin like the pearl Jam Tiger sticker! (sorry cant seem to be able to attach it to the post) and maybe changing the colour's a bit and personalising it!? hmmm ...
    Drop the leash, Drop the leash........
  • Options

>

That one :D
    Drop the leash, Drop the leash........
  • Options
    decved wrote:

>

That one :D

I think you should do it
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    musragmusrag Brisbane Posts: 13
    I am 35 years young and have been a huge fan of the band since 1991 when I was in High School - I still remember the first time I saw the Alive filmclip watching late night Rage (MTV Similar). I only just got the stickman done in March this year while I was on holidays in Vegas from Australia. I already have a few others but had just not got this one done. Forget what others say and get what you like. I have mine on my right arm and it is about 12 cm high and the same wide. Just black and bold...

There are so many cool designs and all have their own meaning to each person who has got it done. If that picture is what captures you, get a copy find a great tattooist and be happy. So what if there a million people with it be number 1,000,001. How many people have their countries flag, chinese writing (saying something they think it means) or a skull.... Who cares. Go get inked!!
  • Options
    dccrash23dccrash23 Posts: 160
    I knew a guy that tattooed his long time girlfriend's name on his back, a couple months later they broke up and insted of fixing it he tattooed "was an evil little goat" right after her name!
    Calgary 08/08/09
    Calgary 21/09/11
    Edmonton 23/09/11
  • Options
    evilutionevilution Posts: 67
    it's evolution, baby!!!

13452_1223216440055_1818310099_443700_1798319_n.jpg

upper back, between the shoulders. got it july 3rd.
  • Options
    evilution wrote:
    it's evolution, baby!!!

Very cool 8-)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    evilution wrote:
    it's evolution, baby!!!

can i have this foto here please?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 1154506885
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KatVKatV Posts: 9
    pj_tat_sm.JPG

I got my first tattoo (three crooked hearts) yesterday, hihihi.
  • Options
    KatV wrote:
    pj_tat_sm.JPG

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KatVKatV Posts: 9
    KatV wrote:
    pj_tat_sm.JPG

Yes of course you can :P . Do I add it myself, or do you add it ?
  • Options
    KatV wrote:

Yes of course you can :P . Do I add it myself, or do you add it ?
    free to do it yourself....thanks again
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5 ... 2983751924